Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#261097 - 04/06/09 03:40 PM Re: Earthquake in Italy
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I don't know what vita brevis means, but I'll bet I agree. Well said Diki.
DonM

I would guess 'life is short/brief', and I'm sure we would ALL agree ...
Donny, glad to hear your family is ok ...
Our prayers are with all those affected ...
t.

#261098 - 04/06/09 06:20 PM Re: Earthquake in Italy
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
LIONTRACS .... my grandparents (mother and father) are from Tyrol. My ancestry is 100% Tyrolean!! Not sure of the towns, they are all passed.

My prayers are with all that have lost a loved one..

#261099 - 04/07/09 08:58 AM Re: Earthquake in Italy
Dnj Offline

#261100 - 04/21/09 02:20 AM Re: Earthquake in Italy
ptram Offline

Hello Friends,

The earthquake really shot very near to the Italian district of musical instruments - just 30km away of one of the major distributors, 50km south of Roland Europe, and some 100km south of the central district in the Marche region, where the labs of Korg, Ketron and Fatar are located, as well as some major distributors, the major accordions manufacturers, and some other smaller labs devoted to research and accessories.

According to the reports I could hear, no damage was suffered by the employees and the factories. Activity is going on regularly in these areas. Obviously there is a strong sensitivity and anger for what happened not far from us. The local Civic Protection is all moved to the front line in the disaster area.

As musicians, we are also shocked for the devastation of one of the most important Italian Conservatories of Music at l'Aquila. Anybody who can help, can get in touch with the director of the Conservatory at the address found on "http://www.consaq.it/". General help can be sent via the International Red Cross, or (for residents in the USA) one of the Italian-American associations. I know Madonna - whose origins are in Abruzzo - should also be collecting something.

Thank you for asking, and for your moral support.

Best regards,
Paolo

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online