Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#261079 - 04/06/09 02:50 PM Re: "You're so vain" on a Roland E-80
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I know those seventies tracks did have a fairly dead snare drum, but not THAT dead!

Agreed. I think I'll look into those snare-notes again. I know you love the V-kits, but the New Rock is so wonderful broad stereo... I think that I can get that snare "fatter" by tone editing it, or maybe just selecting another snare. The E-80 has truckloads of them (You got to LOVE the MakeUp tools...)

Quote:
BTW, seeing as how you put the MIDI file into the E80, added the Guitar Mode stuff and used Makeup Tools, you ought to have an SMF that COULD be played on anyone else's E80...

That's correct. I have.

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM http://www.keyboardforum.nl
Happy owner of a Roland E-80 V2

[This message has been edited by Burkels (edited 04-06-2009).]

#261080 - 04/06/09 03:20 PM Re: "You're so vain" on a Roland E-80
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
In sequencer mode, you can have as many drum tracks as you want... so there's no reason to give up the rest of the kit to get the snare sound you want if it is not available by Makeup Tools...

Oh, and I think I'd just layer it in the background, rather than replace the snare outright. To a certain extent, the basic sound is 'sound' it just needs some extra 'pop' to make it more timbrally dynamic, IMO...

You could 'copy' just the snare note, paste into another MIDI track, and then Makeup Tool (or transpose) it to be the snare sound you want. Then a volume command (not reducing the velocity) will sit it in the mix without losing the full dynamic range...

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 04-06-2009).]

#261081 - 04/07/09 08:26 AM Re: "You're so vain" on a Roland E-80
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Nice stuff! Would have preferred real guitar, but that's my sensitive spot, and what you used is OK.

Much prefer what you did over a sequence i heard done on a T-3 the other day. Like the Roland sounds a lot.

Russ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online