SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#26067 - 10/03/00 05:04 PM Roland XP-30
Smitty Offline

Loc: Holtwood, PA. USA
I'm looking for opinions on the XP-30, I dont really need the sequencer options on the XP-60.
Roland claims this is their best performance synth ever and its loaded with over 64mb of sounds.Do any of you own one? What do you think of it?

------------------
Smitty

#26068 - 10/09/00 10:02 AM Re: Roland XP-30
manny Offline

I have an XP-30 and I think it's great! I'm not saying this because I have one, but because I think it's a great deal, and overall, it sounds better than most of they other synths I've played. If you're looking for piano sounds, there are tons of them. In the banks: USER, PR-A, XP-A (Session), and even in XP-B (orchestral)! There are quite a few organs too. I like most of the solo Saxex, but I wasn't too impressed with the solo trumpet patches. But I'm sure they can be re-programmed to sound better. There's so much stuff in this thing I can't think of all of it. If you would like any specific info just let me know.

#26069 - 10/09/00 06:47 PM Re: Roland XP-30
Smitty Offline

Loc: Holtwood, PA. USA
Thanks for your reply, I am basically looking for one keyboard that will give me all the best of Roland sounds for the least money and thought maybe the JV-5080 , but it seems the XP-30 has newer and better sounds in it- I was slightly leary of the XP-30 though because they are selling CHEAP on e-bay, so first I wondered, why would anyone want to sell a fairly new board for so cheap?
I need good piano, B-3 type organs and great pads and the XP-30 caught my eye, I am also seeing XP_80 for almost the same money used, so that adds another possibility.

------------------
Smitty

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online