SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#260524 - 03/30/09 03:03 PM Re: AUDYA Release Version 1.2
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Dazzast... seeing as how you actually have one (for SIX freakin' weeks, no less ), how about joining in on some of the threads about the guitar feature, variations with built-in pickups and so forth, rather than us have to listen to Nedim constantly excuse every flawed feature with 'it's a beta, wait until it ships, blah blah blah'...?

It was shipping six weeks ago and he is STILL trying to pass this rubbish off on us Americans. Solo the guitar section. Play some sus, dim and aug chords in the middle of regular maj and minor chords. How well do YOU think it holds together? Would you mind recording it soloed, so we can see whether mrdave's examples he posted WAS a beta unit, or if that IS how it sounds...?

Right now, it is the European USERS (NOT Ketron support staff) that should be giving us the straight skinny - You know... real users, not glib salesmen.

#260525 - 03/31/09 12:00 PM Re: AUDYA Release Version 1.2
Dazzast Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi,

Lots of questions. I will be honest a lot of the questions you are asking i really havent got into. We are a very busy shop and sell lots of other stuff. In all honesty keyboards are a small part. Guitars brass and woodwind and music books being a major part of our business and all accesories.

We do sell the Tyros 3 also which sits alongside the Audya. In all honesty the drums sound and guitar backings are fantastic and through our Bose L1 system it sounds just like the real thing.

As for styles the ones it has are great but for the money it really needs a lot more as like the tyros. The sounds are good and what you expect if a trumpet sounds like trumpet you cant get much better.

My inital thoughts is that it lacks styles and needs a lot more.

£3999.00 retail here which is far too expensive for what it is.

#260526 - 03/31/09 12:06 PM Re: AUDYA Release Version 1.2
leezone Offline

if the dealers think it's expensive
and we think it's expensive,
then why doesn't Kteron realize it
and make it affordable for us ALL, not just for the select few that have that kind of cash :-)

or at least make teh AUDYA competitively priced

#260527 - 03/31/09 12:08 PM Re: AUDYA Release Version 1.2
leezone Offline

like i said b4

for that money i want 1GB ram (expandable)
1 TB HD,
and many, many more styles
and software to go along with it to give users control and power to create their own....

#260528 - 03/31/09 12:43 PM Re: AUDYA Release Version 1.2
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Interestingly enough for all the years I've been a Ketron dealer (since 1995)I've questioned the prices of Solton and Ketron keyboards. I've always thought they were very well made keyboards with very good sounds and styles, but slow to advance into the modern technology and almost never willing to adjust prices to match the competition's models. To this end, I think it has kept Ketron from selling more products and being better known in the keyboard world. I've spent year after year at NAMM shows asking Paolo, owner of Ketron Italy to be willing to adjust prices so that Ketron products would compete with similar Yamaha, Korg and Roland products, but have not received favorable responses. When Lou and Aldo owned the distribution company in New York, they would always agree with me and tell me I needed to speak with Paolo, but as I've stated, the response was always "we can't lower our prices and be profitable".
So now, with our current economic conditions, I can sense from most of my customers the need for competitive prices and I hope the Audya can survive these current conditions.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#260529 - 03/31/09 01:19 PM Re: AUDYA Release Version 1.2
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Without a 'trickle down' model in the affordable (sub-$3000) range, George, I'm not sure how well the Audya line and Ketron in general will do. Let's face it, if Yamaha only sold the T3, and didn't have an S900/700/500 etc. to support it, how long would even THEY stay in the business?

#260530 - 03/31/09 09:27 PM Re: AUDYA Release Version 1.2
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Dazzast:
£3999.00 retail here which is far too expensive for what it is.

That's cheep compared to the prices here, where you have to
add another £1000 to reach the "offer price" and yet another
£1000 to add to the retail price.
Maybe the Norwegians/Scandinavians did find a big oilfield inside
the Audya when dig deep into the case?
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online