SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#260131 - 03/20/09 04:41 PM Re: What are the Longest Running Keyboard/Organs
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Impuls

Wersi are no more expensive then any other organ manufactures instruments, (Roland, Orla, Bohm, Lowery etc etc) but you’re not tied to what the manufacture gives you.

Option packs that cost extra are no different to the plug-in cards on Roland’s and Korgs, their options.

R & D costs a lot of money, and so smaller companies have to re-coup their investment, and so you would expect to pay for really big upgrades, however what I do disagree with, is the fact that they still make a lot of the upgrades, options on new models, which is totally unacceptable in this day an age. (Although it’s like hitting your head against a brick wall to try and make them understand this)

Hi Diki

Wersi has always been a high end niche market manufacture, and so have never been able to compete with the big 3, (Sales wise) so quite sensibly they stick to the market that the big 3 aren’t interested in.

Anyway back to the original question.

Regards

Bill

#260132 - 03/21/09 05:09 AM Re: What are the Longest Running Keyboard/Organs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
LOL...How much hardware do you have to replace on a 2000 era Abacus to be able to run all the current OS?

Wersi have been saying since as long ago as the original DMS organs of the early eighties that their instruments would never be obsolete, could always be upgraded, etc etc. And most of those ended their lives in landfill.

#260133 - 03/21/09 05:28 AM Re: What are the Longest Running Keyboard/Organs
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Bill, I think Seamaster is trying to tell you something...

#260134 - 03/21/09 06:14 AM Re: What are the Longest Running Keyboard/Organs
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Bill, I think Seamaster is trying to tell you something...

You mean his jealous

#260135 - 03/21/09 06:25 AM Re: What are the Longest Running Keyboard/Organs
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
You mean his jealous

Could be...you can only imagine how terrible those Roland fan boys must feel now that their TOTL and MOTL arrangers have been put out to pasture.

Meanwhile, Wersi soldiers on.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 03-21-2009).]

#260136 - 03/21/09 10:16 AM Re: What are the Longest Running Keyboard/Organs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Why would anyone feel bad about their Roland just because a new model isn't forthcoming..? When all the other arrangers finally catch up to us, and produce great live sounding arrangers with everything you need to easily edit compose and tweak styles already onboard, premium quality construction, TOTL keyboard actions (and a 76! ), and easy sound expansion, well, even then I doubt I'll be worrying.

Are they perfect? Just like everything else, no...

But I have to admit, strand me on a desert island (get in line, Froggy ) with a G70, and I could rest happy. If you can't make great music on just one of these, you can't make great music. Even give me the choice of what to take, and it would still be the G70...

I don't need Roland to make another model EVER... if and when they do, fine, I'll take a look, but I skipped twp generations going from G1000 to G70. Unless something comes out RADICALLY advanced (whatever that means) or has a Chord Sequencer (unlikely), I'll probably pass...

If you are anxiously waiting for a new model, it just means you are not spending enough time on your own playing, and on learning what your current arranger will do. Because dig in deep enough, there's enough in any of these TOTL arrangers to satisfy you for life...

JMO....

#260137 - 03/21/09 10:32 AM Re: What are the Longest Running Keyboard/Organs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Could be...you can only imagine how terrible those Roland fan boys must feel now that their TOTL and MOTL arrangers have been put out to pasture.

I've got 8 to 10 years out of every Roland 'board I've bought. So you're making much more frequent trips to the tip with your Portasounds, son. Let's talk again in 2016.

#260138 - 03/21/09 11:57 AM Re: What are the Longest Running Keyboard/Organs
ianmcnll Offline

You guys are so predictable...

#260139 - 03/21/09 04:50 PM Re: What are the Longest Running Keyboard/Organs
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Can't let you fall back on old habits unremarked, Ian...

You quit needling, we'll quit responding...

Mind you, it's strange how it is all so often the Yamaha users that are always the first to bleat about new models. What IS it about those things that fails to satisfy?

#260140 - 03/21/09 06:01 PM Re: What are the Longest Running Keyboard/Organs
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Can't let you fall back on old habits unremarked, Ian...

I don't mind, my friend...I think it's charming when you guys get so defensive about your old discontinued instruments.

It took Spalding's insecurities to bring up and compare Roland and Yamaha...I wasn't starting a belly bumping contest...I was just mentioning that the high end Roland are no more, and Wersi's high end models are still being made.

Considering that there are no new TOTL arrangers by Roland, what you both are using has to do the job, regardless...you don't have any other choices...of course, you will probably say you don't need/want any other choices, but you would have to say that anyway, given the prognosis.

I find it a bit strange that you both aren't at least a little disappointed that Roland has left the TOTL arranger arena.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 03-21-2009).]

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online