SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#260110 - 03/22/09 02:24 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Korg makes its money from communities
like mine, which was oficially said by Korg that the biggest existing market for PA right now is
Turkey by itself and only Turkey...

I can believe that.

An ex-colleague of mine who works for one of Roland's biggest dealers in Europe always claims that they sell more arrangers to a handful of countries around the Mediterranean than to the whole of the North America.

#260111 - 03/22/09 02:34 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
James, me and you never really conflicted each other and as you say thats what i am doing,
sampling and designing stuff for the flagships. But as far Turkey goes you are wrong,
it is and it was said to me by Korg officials, actually the highest Korg person in USA, Jerry.
They have different reasons of doing the low end but even without Jerry saying anything i
knew where the market is, trust me, you dont know and understand whats going on in there.
On 1 american PA arranger there is probably 40 in Turkey. I wish i recorded the convo with Jerry.
I am not throwing this out for no reason, the point is i always knew that as a fact but
when Jerry said it to me personally it was a relief. And no, in those countries they dont
sell as many workstations.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 03-22-2009).]

#260112 - 03/22/09 03:10 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Nedim.

Quote:
But as far Turkey goes you are wrong,

We will have to agree to disagree on that one because it's been flogged to death over on KORG Forums and I can see what is and what is not available to you in a TR edition. There is nothing else to evaluate in all this.

My main reason for replying to you in this thread is to simply give you a push in a new direction and to see if I can help you see another option here because as I said, as much as you want to see a Pa2X TR, you simply won't because the market is not what you believe it is.

That said, a Pa2X is entirely reprogrammable. It has no factory preset information and every bank can be entirely overwritten with data. So from an arranger point of view it's the ultimate when it comes to customising. If you take that and the fact that it can read any styles from the current “TR” keyboard, your not left with a lot of work really in building your ultimate keyboard.

All your short are the sounds to go with the styles. You would make short work of a problem like that, and I bet you already have your own personal sample library of sounds.

Stick them into the a V-Machine and you have all you dream of and much more. The V-Machine would even run any of the GB in size Ethnic VSTi libraries available.

Or, get Extreme Sample Converter along with Sample Lord and you can have anything you fancy. There's even a version of Sample Load that runs on the V-Machine.

Hope you see my point. It has nothing to do with the Turkish market because I know your beyond the needs of anything currently supplied to the market your in.

So you have to step above it mate. You have the skills in sampling and style creation to help yourself and build a setup far beyond anything KORG can give you right now, or any time soon in the future.

Regards.
James.

#260113 - 03/22/09 03:17 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If anyone DID sell an American biased arranger, it would probably sell like hotcakes over here. But all we get are legacy styles and schlager and ballroom stuff that Europe wants.

I would be hard pressed to cover a SINGLE song on the charts right now with an arranger.

It is a disgrace. The American market is the way it is because the manufacturers have MADE it like that... and it will only change when they MAKE it change.

The big3 understand what America needs in a WS. How come they can't figure out how to make an arranger that is popular?

Apathy, IMO...

#260114 - 03/22/09 04:15 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Diki.

I would love to see that myself.

KORG UK did something a while back called “The Performance Pack” for the UK and Irish market as an after sales set of disks that customised the Pa1X.

People when crazy for that but due to the snail mail method of selling it and the way it was offered, I don't think as many people where able to buy it as wanted to.

If only they had of offered it directly off their website as a pay for download it would have been massive.

Regards.
James.

#260115 - 03/22/09 04:57 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
124 Offline

Amen to that.

James, Nedim (and others from Korg Forums), you obviously have more sway with Korg than the average Joe, so what's stopping you from putting in a word or two with the folks you know over there to see if Korg would indeed put the UK Performance Pack as a downloadble purchase feature on their website?

They surely can't be so blind as not to see the sales potential in North America - with the proviso that there are enough Korg arrangers on this side of the pond.

[This message has been edited by 124 (edited 03-22-2009).]

#260116 - 03/22/09 05:57 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Great idea....We will see what we can do to educat them into doing that...I for one would buy it.

Actually going to the distributor in each contry (Korg USA for me) works better than directly to Korg in MOST cases.
Jerry at Korg USA is very helpful.

Thanks for the suggestion.....

Lee S.

#260117 - 03/22/09 06:30 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
If anyone DID sell an American biased arranger, it would probably sell like hotcakes over here. But all we get are legacy styles and schlager and ballroom stuff that Europe wants.

I would be hard pressed to cover a SINGLE song on the charts right now with an arranger.

It is a disgrace. The American market is the way it is because the manufacturers have MADE it like that... and it will only change when they MAKE it change.

The big3 understand what America needs in a WS. How come they can't figure out how to make an arranger that is popular?

Apathy, IMO...

It’s the chicken and the egg scenario: which one comes first?

Do you need the modern arranger market first then make styles for it? Or do you go through the expense of making the modern styles first then put in the expense of getting the market for them?

#260118 - 03/22/09 09:49 PM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi,
I think it would be great if Korg found a way of protecting commercial 3rd party styles.
If there was a way of preventing users from sharing, it might encourage proffessional style writers to create styles.

Also styles & sounds would have to be downloadable. Nobody wants to waste money on postage & have to wait days or weeks to receive them.

If I'm not mistaken, the Musikant USB stick had some sort of protection in place , to stop the copying of sounds??

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#260119 - 03/23/09 03:38 AM Re: I hope Ketron can pull it off!
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
There is a lot of other stuff going on at KORG's...to some even more important issues.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online