SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#260003 - 03/20/09 02:25 PM Re: Laptop Soundcard Advice
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Sorry to divert a bit, and also sorry if I'm wrong here, but I always thought the thing that differentiated firewire from USB 1 and 2 is the fact that the firewire protocol guarantee's synchronisation of video and audio data being streamed, whereas USB protocols don't. I've just googled "usb 3" to see whether there's any suggestion that the USB protocol has been enhanced to provide the same guarantee of synchronisation as firewire, and I haven't hit anything definitive. Therefore I'm not yet convinced that USB3 will make firewire obsolete. Would make life easier though, one less interface to worry about.

#260004 - 03/20/09 02:47 PM Re: Laptop Soundcard Advice
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
The jury is in. The G70, with the many choices of V-drums, edges out the Echo only in that area. Also, the Echo makes my audio really shine, compared to the Realtek, or whatever chip is Windows XP. Whenever possible,I will use the G70 with Makeup, and Echo for the netbook. There might be better out there, but the improvement is so vast, I will keep what I have for midi. I will also look at MP3 since my audio is vastly improved, also.

I appreciate all of your thoughts.
Bernie

#260005 - 03/20/09 02:48 PM Re: Laptop Soundcard Advice
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
My adaptor will be in today. I'll check it out first. Thanks for the clarification Lee.

Donny, your way is the best, but I am 67 and might be done memorizing before my funeral. Maybe not.

Bernie...try to memorize a song a week before you know it you have a nice assortment of tunes that you can do without charts or lyrics...don't let it be a crutch for you, repetition is key to memorizing at any age.

#260006 - 03/20/09 03:14 PM Re: Laptop Soundcard Advice
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks bud, I know you are right.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online