SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#259869 - 03/16/09 07:25 PM HELP..E50 USER Prog Save to EXTERNAL USER Prog List problem....
Dnj Offline

OK gang... heres the problem I hope someones knows the answer......
I will try to explain simply.

I setup a song with all style, sounds, one touch etc, then named it & wrote it to a user prog.. (internal) eg: page 1 slot #2....

Next, being I only use my EXTERNAL CF CARD for everything I want to take that user Prog I just made & SAVE & access it on my EXTERNAL USER LIST...so I push List scroll down to that song but when I push it I get the old user prog settings on the4 CF card not the new one I just wrote to slot #2...

all I want to do is use the external card for everything ...setup the songs, save all the settings make edits resave, & go down the external "User LIST" and select it....what am I doing wrong here, is there a step missing?....

#259870 - 03/16/09 08:21 PM Re: HELP..E50 USER Prog Save to EXTERNAL USER Prog List problem....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You can go to Disk menu, select Copy and User Program and copy it from the internal to the external.
DonM

#259871 - 03/16/09 08:27 PM Re: HELP..E50 USER Prog Save to EXTERNAL USER Prog List problem....
Dnj Offline

Ive been trying that method with no luck. Don.....does the write protection switch on/off have anything to do with this?

#259872 - 03/16/09 08:38 PM Re: HELP..E50 USER Prog Save to EXTERNAL USER Prog List problem....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yes it does. You can't write to the disk if the lock is on. Turn it off.
If all else fails, next time you go to the bathroom, take the manual with you!
DonM

#259873 - 03/16/09 08:55 PM Re: HELP..E50 USER Prog Save to EXTERNAL USER Prog List problem....
Dnj Offline

I think I might have it fixed?......problem was due to No loaded "INTERNAL STYLES" that are the same as the ones on the External CF card....after loading the external styles from the card into the KB....you have to make all the edits on the Internal ones first & write them .....then "COPY" the Style from INTERNAL to the EXTERNAL card top be used with the user prog list..

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-16-2009).]

#259874 - 03/17/09 05:34 PM Re: HELP..E50 USER Prog Save to EXTERNAL USER Prog List problem....
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Huh? Styles? I used USER PROGRAMS on my external CF on the E-50, but I never copied styles to make that work. The user program just "holds" information about which style to use, where that styles is to be found, etc etc.

But ok, your problem is gone, that's what counts

#259875 - 03/17/09 10:32 PM Re: HELP..E50 USER Prog Save to EXTERNAL USER Prog List problem....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
My memory usage is a bit different, in that I NEVER put anything on the Internal memory unless I am going to use it on the gig.

Everything I am just testing out goes to external, and gets transfered when it is gig ready. This way, I don't fill the Internal HD with unused stuff. To date, I still have plenty of room for whatever I need. Having no audio capability can make 30MB or so (what is left over from 50MB after the OS and ROM styles and UPG's are put in it) go a LONG way...

Mind you, I remember the E50 as having a much smaller HD. Perhaps having EVERYTHING on external might be the easier way for E50/60? That way, a simply copy to another card will give you a backup... that's why I don't like using external... get it stolen and there goes the gig. But use it 100%, I suppose having a spare hidden somewhere might be good...

#259876 - 03/18/09 07:56 AM Re: HELP..E50 USER Prog Save to EXTERNAL USER Prog List problem....
Dnj Offline

problem is back......arggggggggggggg!

seems no one knows how to fix it or make it work either? weird..

anyone that really knows the Roland OS please email me.

thanx

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-18-2009).]

#259877 - 03/19/09 08:42 AM Re: HELP..E50 USER Prog Save to EXTERNAL USER Prog List problem....
Dnj Offline

Next Question.....

when I push user list and look at all my songs I notice there are many 'factory' song titles which I dont want there I only want My Songs Titles .....I know I can delete unwanted ones one at a time but it takes a while ........so I tried doing it via my computer via a USDB link....I opened my User Prg folder and deleted all unwanted song titles......then I copy & pasted them into the folder "PUT USER PROG HERE".....then shut off my KB and restarted it.....then when I hit the USER LIST Button & external tab all the titles were back again !!!!
How can I erase the unwanted user list titles for good ?

thanx

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-19-2009).]

#259878 - 03/19/09 09:48 AM Re: HELP..E50 USER Prog Save to EXTERNAL USER Prog List problem....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
See my reply at R-A.com, Donny...

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 03-19-2009).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online