SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#259578 - 03/12/09 11:07 AM Re: What is an Arranger?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Perhaps it DOESN'T need a well integrated soundset and style set to 'be' an arranger. But how well is it going to sell (if at all) if it DOESN'T?

Most of us will change a sound in the middle of a piece, often on a whim. Many of us like to even change a style on the fly to any other semi-random one. If neither of these things can be done without setting it all up in advance or you risk nasty jumps in volume or EQ balance, well, that's one of the primary things that arranger players do no longer available.

The above are right... It's not really a good question. What is a car? Is a go-kart a car? Is a four wheel ATV a car? Is a motorized shopping cart a car?

Who gives a rats? I know a car when I see one, and we all know an arranger when we use one. And we know what ISN'T an arranger, too! The lines are getting blurred. But, so far, nothing REALLY truly dissolves the differences between arrangers and WS's...

#259579 - 03/12/09 11:21 AM Re: What is an Arranger?
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
I would also add something to this topic. An arranger is also defined by its hardware, I mean an arranger must have only ONE keyboard, otherwise it becomes an organ or probably a digital piano with arranger functions. What’s the difference between an arranger and a modern organ? Only the double/triple keyboard and pedals and consequently the way you play it and how you use it. What’s the difference between an arranger and a Clavinova?: the 88 hammer action keyboard. Actually the word “arranger” is an English word without an exact translation in my language. In spanish an arranger is called “arreglista the canciones” what would sound like “song composer” and some dealers still call it an “organ”.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online