SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#259455 - 03/12/09 02:33 PM Re: Reviews terminated and deleted
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Just imagine what an empty place this wold be if all the Korg users, the Yamaha users, the Roland users, the Ketron users stopped posting anything the first time they met a contrary opinion...

In fact, Dennis, I can recall some times where you weren't all that flattering to some arranger or another. Now, should all THEIR users take their ball, and go sulk somewhere else too? Or are you still interested in their views, despite not necessarily agreeing with them?

Is this what this place is turning into? Pooh Corner? I'll hide my honey-pot if you don't go along with everything I say?

Yikes!

#259456 - 03/12/09 11:22 PM Re: Reviews terminated and deleted
Bachus Offline

I totally agree with you Dennis...

Have fun playing your keys...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#259457 - 03/12/09 11:33 PM Re: Reviews terminated and deleted
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
We're ALL having fun playing our keys!

Difference is, if someone doesn't like my G70, and says bad things about it, I don't go sulk and say I won't post again...

Someone wants to HEAR what I'm talking about, I'm happy to illustrate it with a short piece of music. You know, just in case me simply saying it isn't enough to convince someone..

And if they STILL disagree with me, well, that's their prerogative, isn't it?

#259458 - 03/13/09 01:05 AM Re: Reviews terminated and deleted
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Dennis,
not good to see you go. I wish you could reconsider. Good luck.

#259459 - 03/13/09 01:12 AM Re: Reviews terminated and deleted
Robbe52 Offline

Loc: Germany
I don't post that often, but I'm reading all the time. I agree with Diki, that we need to have examples of songs made with a certain keyboard. I posted a link to my homepage to show show everyone, what kind of music I'm making with my MS100. As it is ten years old, I'm into buying a new keyboard, and so I would like to learn about the experiences and opinions others have. It's no use to hear someone rave about his newly acquired toy, I want to learn the critical points.
It is well appreciated if someone is posting a review, but he should not expect unreserved approval. It is no good way to leave and end discussion.
Robbe

#259460 - 03/13/09 01:55 AM Re: Reviews terminated and deleted
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
I have deleted my reviews of the Media Station as I no longer want to have them posted. Although, I feel confident someone has copied them. NOT for the purpose of anyones edification, but purely to be able to "throw back" just in case there is an "I told you so..." moment. Or perhaps to even "re-post" them in another thread, just "because they can". As if to say they have the power over someones right to delete something.

That reads like the rantings of a paranoid nutcase. Sorry and all that.

It's a forum, FFS. All just words on a screen.

Some people don't have enough to worry about.

#259461 - 03/13/09 10:37 AM Re: Reviews terminated and deleted
mr9000 Offline

The system has ruled in the favor of Seamaster,as..nobody..can muster up the balls to give some kind of review.It's like there's a active curse that no man can overcome when dealing with the MS impressions.Thats 4+ years i have been personally been waiting for 'regulars' to be as so bold ,and now, another has just been dominated by the said curse!

Court now ajourned.
MS is sentenced to
"Just what the h*ll is this packaged beast"

[This message has been edited by mr9000 (edited 03-13-2009).]

#259462 - 03/13/09 12:29 PM Re: Reviews terminated and deleted
Bachus Offline

Maybe if some people with give Miden a break.... Exactly because of these kinds of comments he is leaving, with a good reason too..

But then some people dont seem to grasp that.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#259463 - 03/13/09 12:49 PM Re: Reviews terminated and deleted
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
The system has ruled in the favor of Seamaster,as..nobody..can muster up the balls to give some kind of review.It's like there's a active curse that no man can overcome when dealing with the MS impressions.Thats 4+ years i have been personally been waiting for 'regulars' to be as so bold ,and now, another has just been dominated by the said curse!

Court now ajourned.
MS is sentenced to
"Just what the h*ll is this packaged beast"
]

I've written many reviews regarding the Mediastation over the years but its seems those comments have fallen on deaf ears. I've also seen other Mediastation owners post positive comments about the Mediastation only to be ripped to shreds by the likes of Diki and others who haven never actually seen or played the instrument in person. It appears many people on this forum prefer conjecture over an opinion from someone who actually owns the instrument.

I'm sure Miden found out all too quickly how people are quick to judge others opinions regarding the Mediastation and other open ended arrangers that they know little or nothing about. Miden had every right to remove his post and did so accordingly.

Now its time for DIKI to once again chime in and comment what a piece of crap the Mediastation is because users won't post a demo for him online.

#259464 - 03/13/09 01:02 PM Re: Reviews terminated and deleted
mr9000 Offline

On 12-16-2006EnsnareyouWrote:
"The Mediastation sounds pretty damned good and has an incredible dynamic range. In fact its dynamic response is much broader than the Korg Oasys which sounds quite amazing. I'd not call it unusable by any stretch but if you want to make that assumption based on an web MP3 demo, by all means that's your prerogative.

Most people are forgetting one thing about open ended systems, they are open ended for a reason. The end user can load and play whatever sounds, styles, VST's, or audio files they need or want to. While I do believe companies like Lionstracs can benefit by providing a larger stock library with their products, its not necessary for them to do so. The end user can easily achieve what they want with the Mediastation by simply loading new sounds, styles, and audio files in.... hardly a difficult task.

I have lots of GIGA samples and other VST's I use with my open ended keyboards (Wersi, Mediastation) and if I need more styles, sounds, etc., I'll buy them. I didn't get an OAS style system and expect the manufacturer to give me thousands of dollars worth of samples for free. You wouldn't buy a car and expect to get gas for free for the rest of your life. Do you expect computer manufacturers to give you for free all the programs you want to use with your new computer system? I'll bet not. Domenik and Lionstracs are giving MS users sounds, styles, VST's, and software for free so the user can utilize them, edit them, or choose not to use them if they are so inclined. That's pretty fair considering no other manufacturer to date has provided that type of support. Even the new software in my Korg Oasys came with a demo Plug-In that I had to spend another $250 to get authorized. Hardly free but still worth the money.

Every time I load a new OS, new samples, or new styles in my system it's like having a new keyboard all over again. Try that with an embedded keyboard!"
============================================Are you kidding..this is a review?how very..very general this unusable feedback is to the actual sounds/functions/thoughts during playing of the thing!I give this a review grade of almost a c-..when i am buying a new car,do i give a turd about the inner workings of the engine/upholstery/company ethnics primarily?
NO,i want to see/hear it.. perform!.It's sooooo sad how some post their actual expeirence with it,then suddenly and rather Promptly erase their post as though they work for the CIA as though it was always a paid off cover up..is the MS another ill fated ponzi scheme?I sure would never buy a car if those who owned countinually were embarassed about talking truthfully about it,then,change their whole demeanor like the mafia said "Can it or else"!

from every KB;G70,E60,E80,psr9000,psr9000pro,tyros1,ty2tyros3 etc..never has one keyboard caused so much mysterious coverup!Like Goliath said before his encounter with David:
"is there anyman among you" who can step forward from this cowardess of free thought without feeling as though some are gonna getchya?"

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online