SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#259433 - 03/11/09 12:48 PM SEDUCED by a Korg pa800
keyofg Offline

Loc: usa
Perhaps it was the way she looked in sleek blue metallic... the soft white of her keys... the sweetness of her voice... the way her LCD longed to be touched... perhaps it was the way she lit up when tuned on... what ever it was, I was hooked and this was going to be a lasting relationship.

We started out slow and easy, exploring her over 950 voices and 400 styles and then we decided to make music. That is when the trouble began. I guess I should have recognized that the shudder she gave when I laid "Songs of the 30s, 40s and 50s" on her, was not exactly one of excitement.

My songs and her styles were half a century apart. She was young, vibrant, hip and cool and I was beginning to feel old. She wanted to swing, dance, rock, disco, salsa and feel alive and I wanted to play "Puff the Magic Dragon". This was not working.

We separated for awhile, she sat silent in one corner of the room and I in the other. Sure, she tried to lure me back. Try my MP3 dual player/recorder she purred... but all I could find was a 45 RPM recording of Hank Williams from the 1950s... guess that was the last record that I bought. Record a couple of songs on my sequencer she begged... what? and listen to all of those mistakes I play. Care to join me for a little duet on the vocalizer she cooed... with this voice you gotta be kidding I replied.

In the ensuing months I made a token effort to reconcile by adding a few converted, Yamaha, Ketron and other styles, but it was not enough to ignite the fire... and so we agreed to part.

She takes with her the installed dual MP3 player/recorder, DS1H Korg Damper Pedal, 3 DVD set of Korg Arranger Secrets, V2.01, original disks, manual and the shipping carton she arrived in... and I get to look for a new love.

Visit for sale at: http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum29/HTML/002575.html

Key of G

#259434 - 03/11/09 12:54 PM Re: SEDUCED by a Korg pa800
Dnj Offline

Another jilted lover ......so what is your next girlfriends name?

#259435 - 03/11/09 01:31 PM Re: SEDUCED by a Korg pa800
keyofg Offline

Hi dnj

Have a blind date tomorrow... I think her name is Yammie?

#259436 - 03/11/09 02:03 PM Re: SEDUCED by a Korg pa800
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Very well said! You're a good writer.
BTW, I felt the same way about the 800.
It's too hip for me. Even the word hip dates me.
DonM

#259437 - 03/11/09 03:43 PM Re: SEDUCED by a Korg pa800
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
George, if your last name starts with an "A", I am thrilled to see your post. Been a long time since we read the old Key of G monthly. A shame we lost Technics. Your writing is still magnificent.

#259438 - 03/11/09 05:43 PM Re: SEDUCED by a Korg pa800
keyofg Offline

Don and Bob,

Thanks for the kind comments.

Looks like there are still a few of us from the earlier days of Technics still hanging around the Synth. I visit the Technics Synth from time to time. With thanks to Nigel for stepping in and hosting when the old "Technics of Canada" shut down.

Maybe part of my problem is that I was spoiled by the Technics styles... they were nicely composed and fun to play.

Bob, too bad about Technics, but the release of the KN6000 with a major bugs, a marginal OS and the arrogant attitude of Technics, was a major miscalculation.

Key of G

#259439 - 03/11/09 05:44 PM Re: SEDUCED by a Korg pa800
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yes.... very entertaining post

But be careful. A woman scorned....

#259440 - 03/11/09 05:46 PM Re: SEDUCED by a Korg pa800
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by keyofg:
Don and Bob,

Thanks for the kind comments.

Looks like there are still a few of us from the earlier days of Technics still hanging around the Synth. I visit the Technics Synth from time to time. With thanks to Nigel for stepping in and hosting when the old "Technics of Canada" shut down.

Maybe part of my problem is that I was spoiled by the Technics styles... they were nicely composed and fun to play.

Bob, too bad about Technics, but the release of the KN6000 with a major bugs, a marginal OS and the arrogant attitude of Technics, was a major miscalculation.

Key of G

Where are the style creators working from Technics now?.....anyone know?

#259441 - 03/11/09 06:12 PM Re: SEDUCED by a Korg pa800
zuki Offline

Your about-to-be 'ex' made her rounds through these parts (as you remember). Oh how I longed to have her back once she moved to California. But I was lucky enough to grab her twin and go live ever since. I'm not hip, but the PA800 sure is. Too bad you gave up....I found the love of my life Good luck in your prospecting!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#259442 - 03/13/09 01:45 PM Re: SEDUCED by a Korg pa800
keyofg Offline

Dnj posted >>> Where are the style creators working from Technics now?.....anyone know?

I had the pleasure of knowing several of the Technics style creators some years ago.

Dom Cicchitti was one of them. I met Dom when he was giving a Technics keyboard demo in Pasadena, California, in the 1990s. He was an accomplished musician and a true gentleman... one of the nicest person I have ever met. I believe he went to Panasonic and was working on developing a music education program.
I found a 2006 listing online for him. Dom Cicchetti - Panasonic Business Development Manager Education

Chris Halon was also a versatile musician, demo artist for Technics and developed many of the unique Technics styles. He went to Roland.
From current Roland page: Chris joined the Roland Corporation in 2004 and currently serves as Market Development Manager for the Contemporary Keyboards Division of Roland. Some of his responsibilities include: Marketing of new products, new product development, software development, sales training, and consumer concerts and workshops.

Both Dom and Chris were Guest Artists on a keyboard e-zine website that I produced for several years.

George
keyofg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online