SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#259400 - 03/11/09 07:53 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
My PA2XPRO does not play T3 mega or SA2 sounds either...it does have DNC for solo voices and that is better in some regards, certainly more flexible (yopu can use it with your own user sounds). The style tracks do not use DNC sounds, just like T3 style tracks don't use SA. PA2 sounds fine without mega voices. Don't get me wrong the T3 is superb. The PA2XPRO sounds superb also...so T3 is not neccessarily the gaiuge here.

Point is...the XG Giga can work, and mega could be done if desired (probably not necessary).

Yes, I agree...let's here the XG sound set with the Yamaha styles...if it sucks then they will have to perfect it or I wold not be interested. Also, the integration from MS hardware to LS must be super as well, or no bannana!

Time will tell here...some are around now and Frank's has the Giga XG set....let's give it a chance before saying it is not any good as an arranger.
Actually if it is a super WS and a good arranger...that may be a winner.

It may not matter to some...but..go to GPO or other softsynth web site and listen to those beautiful intruments that don't exist on the T3, PA, G70 etc...but you can have them with MS!

Lee S.

#259401 - 03/11/09 07:55 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
Dnj Offline

#259402 - 03/11/09 08:22 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
to the genesys Offline

Integration Integration Integration.
That is what the MS offers that no other arranger even comes close to providing and very few persons here on SZ are able to understand.

#259403 - 03/11/09 08:34 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
leeboy Offline

YES, I agree...I have a really neat setup of:live-styler and Vsti's and MIDI keyboards an MIDI pedals, switches, sliders...and it does work well....BUT it is not all integrated...that's the issue (and my setup uses Yamaha XG softsynth which is just ok).

It's no easy thing to do...we will see if he did it..I would know pretty soon if I auditioned one.

Lee S.

#259404 - 03/11/09 08:38 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
PA2Xpro may not have Mega voices, but it does have the well integrated Guitar Mode for the style section. But yes, the new Guitar NTT's in the T3 and the Mega voices are what DOES make the T3 stand out. I know as of now the SA is RH only, but I wouldn't be surprised to see that come soon to the styles. But the realism of strumming and picking parts, electric guitar and bass from the style section itself makes the styles of the T3 really 'pop'! For a translation to be as good (or better) than the original, it REALLY needs these, IMO...

As to integration.... Well, if the MS 'integrated' a great arranger with all that it currently has, it would be a world beating product, no doubt (as an arranger, that is). Currently, it only integrates the ENGINE for a great arranger. And leaves all the rest of the work to you. The vast majority of the arranger market (including those that DO buy arrangers like the T3 in this price range) want and need at least as good styles provided that they pay for in their 'closed' arrangers.

Integrate THOSE, and now you've really got something to get excited about.

#259405 - 03/11/09 09:02 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
(still going off half-cocked BEFORE you even get the thing, eh? ).

I've been observing MS for long time, at least 3 years, way before i ever heard or touched Ketron,
by now i know verywell what it can do, read the posts again, it was if it was an Arranger and i
responded to that, not how it sounds or the functions, i dont know about it yet.

Quote:
BTW, you know ANYONE with a computer setup that can equal a TOTL arranger for functionality, sound and style variation? Because, if that's what the MS is, the bar isn't really that high, is it? AFAIK, no-one for quite a while (if at all) has ever posted a STYLE demo on SZ that was all done in software that even came CLOSE to a T3 or PA2Xpro.

I would taake a challenge on any existing arranger, including MS and AUDYA with my comp setup,
especially sound quality wise. The whole PA2X ROM is less then 200MB maybe and i use a Piano
which only one key has a size of probably 400MB...calculate...dont say that dont matter, you are
smart and experienced enough to know that it matters a lot, especially on my setup with 32GB RAM.

Quote:
The range of musics that arrangers are called upon to perform is HUGE...

Isnt that the point of the MS being so open? Reread yourself.

#259406 - 03/11/09 09:37 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:

I've been observing MS for long time, at least 3 years, way before i ever heard or touched Ketron,
by now i know very well what it can do, read the posts again, it was if it was an Arranger and i
responded to that, not how it sounds or the functions, i dont know about it yet.

Me too (been hearing ABOUT it for three years or so)... Mind you, I am not so brave as you to buy one if I don't know about the functions or how it sounds, yet But maybe that comes from just being a customer, and not working where I can get one for cost...

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:

I would take a challenge on any existing arranger, including MS and AUDYA with my comp setup,
especially sound quality wise. The whole PA2X ROM is less then 200MB maybe and i use a Piano
which only one key has a size of probably 400MB...calculate...dont say that dont matter, you are smart and experienced enough to know that it matters a lot, especially on my setup with 32GB RAM.

I am also smart enough and experienced enough to know that the quality of the sound is not the ONLY thing worth caring about in an arranger. Quality styles, quality integration of OS and live performing needs (Music Finder, lyrics displays, all that kind of thing), and a well balanced sound set and style set that allows you to be creative on the fly, without having to worry about sound volume and EQ balance differences are also primary considerations, at least if you are playing live.

In the studio, I already use VSTi's, and am intimately familiar with them. But also I have ears to the point where I can tell diminishing returns in a live situation. For me at least, 'good enough' IS good enough! If a closed arranger with great styles and sounds gets the job done to everyone's satisfaction, then sacrificing style selection and ease of use to get a piano that is a BIT better in a live situation than what I already have doesn't make sense to me.

Yes, if I didn't already have a VSTi setup, didn't need a boatload of great styles to gig, and had all the time in the world to fiddle with something (and could get it at cost or so), the MS would be a great choice. I don't...

Did you ever gig with your software rig? Got some recordings? I'd love (seriously, I'm not just bating you) to hear how well it came out. I guess I should be from Missouri... I'm a 'show me' kind of guy Just SAYING it sounded killer doesn't do it for me. But play me some music, tell me about how well it worked for you live, and I'm all ears...

#259407 - 03/12/09 06:40 AM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
leeboy Offline

Intersting...
Well, the MS has all the things integrated RIGHT NOW! How well it is done is yet to be determined. Last night I read every manual cover to cover for the MS. How can anyone say the integration is not there that has not played it...Dom told us it is there..now to see it in action is the challange.

As to the PA2..actually I don't use the styles much with guitars, (didn't on the T2 either) unless they have a nice slow arp to them. I don't really use guitars much at all. A style with a nice piano arp is more to my liking. Or nice orchestrial stuff. A nice nylon or steel is great too for solos.

If you happen to have dish TV, channel 973 is the stuff I like and play.

I have seen what a software based arranger system can do and I have been encouraged for a long time about the potential of this apprach. After all that is what a Wersi is (lack of US support and all).

I believe open, software based solutions is the future...is it mature yet? are we ready for it yet? Is it for everyone?

We all have choices. One thing I do know, personally, I don't care for a company (Yamaha in this example) telling me that I don't need great MIDI implementation on a T2 or T3. Thats about as closed as it gets.

I like many advantages of a WS (Love the Kurzweil) and I want a great arranger too. No one yet has done that...Is this it?
A question for sure.

Lee S.

#259408 - 03/12/09 06:51 AM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
leezone Offline

so it seems the Mediastation has the potential,

BUT

the key is if it will be finished/developed to become the TOTL arranger we all seek....

#259409 - 03/12/09 07:08 AM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
so it seems the Mediastation has the potential,

BUT

the key is if it will be finished/developed to become the TOTL arranger we all seek....

lee you dont get it do you?.....it's YOU that have to make it what ever you want for your needs with all its great features .....if you want JUST an arranger keep your G70 which is more then capable btw what dont you like about the g70 that you feel the need to search elsewhere?..

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-12-2009).]

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online