SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#259390 - 03/11/09 01:08 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
leezone Offline

Dnj,

send me a link so i can see the Mediastation working as an arranger playing all types of latin styles, ie, merengue, cumbia, bachata, bolero, rumba, soca, plus tangos, waltzes, paso dobles, 16 beat, 8 beat, etc. and i'll consider it :-)

#259391 - 03/11/09 01:13 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
Dnj Offline

Lee if your serious......get in touch with Fran you can go on Skype or Yahoo chat video live and hear the mediastation easily in fact I just watched it.

#259392 - 03/11/09 01:17 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Lee, i told you in another post, lets go to CT together and check MediaStation at Franks place.
It might be coming to my home soon too.

#259393 - 03/11/09 01:20 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Lee, i told you in another post, lets go to CT together and check MediaStation at Franks place.
It might be coming to my home soon too.

Nedim congratulation on your new MS...you made a wise choice for the musician that want to make his music "HIS OWN"

good luck

#259394 - 03/11/09 01:23 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
leezone Offline

Nedim, you have me confused with the other Lee, Leeboy...

stop drinking all that beer :-)

but i too would want to know how this Mediastation works as an arranger,

according to Diki, it's really not an arranger

i need an AUDYA with the specs of the Mediastation, maybe these guys should merge

#259395 - 03/11/09 03:35 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
No didnt confuse you, thew other Lee is Indiana,
i am asking you if you wanna check out MS, its in CT.
Acording to Dikki its not cuz Dikki is Salt in every
meal.It is and Arranger and a Workstation, it is
same as having a computer setup. how can it not be
an arranger, then the wolrd is stupid or blind.
I know people that use it, familly member and friends.
They dont know hell about programming but still
use an MS as an arranger. It'll be better and
ver easier if some of the stuff Dikki says is ignored.

#259396 - 03/11/09 05:39 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Well if you ignore me and listen to Nedim, the Audya's guitar loops work PERFECTLY, play any chord, no problem...

But I AM looking forward to your posting some Latin style demos once you get the MS (still going off half-cocked BEFORE you even get the thing, eh? ).

BTW, you know ANYONE with a computer setup that can equal a TOTL arranger for functionality, sound and style variation? Because, if that's what the MS is, the bar isn't really that high, is it? AFAIK, no-one for quite a while (if at all) has ever posted a STYLE demo on SZ that was all done in software that even came CLOSE to a T3 or PA2Xpro. I mean software player, software sounds, all triggered live from a controller.

The range of musics that arrangers are called upon to perform is HUGE... Leezone needs Latin, many here would need bigband and oldies, some would need alternative, or reggae, or disco/trance/techno, some would want rap and hiphop. A REAL arranger from a real arranger maker has plenty of just about everything in it already to go. Or there is a pretty good backlog of 3rd party styles to cover that (though they seldom equal the ROM styles).

But try the MS out, Lee.... I'd love to hear an honest assessment about how long it would take anybody to get one ready to gig on if it were your sole keyboard.

Plan to gig with yours, Nedim? By itself? It'll be fascinating to hear how well that works out for you...

#259397 - 03/11/09 06:05 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Re-announcement..MS plays Yamaha styles.

There are a few of those available? Yes?

Dom says the giga XG sound set is available. Frank just told me his has it installed. If it's good...the SW arranger has just arrived in style (no pun intended).

Lee S.

#259398 - 03/11/09 07:20 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If it's good... Big IF.

And the LS software does NOT play T3 styles, with Mega voices and SA sounds. You know, like you might want if you wanted an arranger that was really good (by today's standards)...

It'll be interesting to hear a comparison of random PSR styles run through this, compared to them being played on the PSR they came from. I seem to remember a Wersi demo that showed this off. It seemed, if I remember right, about a push... some styles a hair better, some worse. Nothing eye opening.

But hey, if using a $3k+ keyboard to get styles and sounds from an old PSR is your cup of tea, go for it! When I say 'content, content, content', I guess I OUGHT to qualify that with 'great content' not just any old content...

#259399 - 03/11/09 07:48 PM Re: AUDYA Release Date...mid-March ?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online