SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#258827 - 03/04/09 07:39 PM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
There's actually a fair number of people Fran who also want to hear styles only to see what the boards sound like without all the fluff. Sadly they're not coming forward. Oh well..., I put it out there for em.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#258828 - 03/04/09 08:54 PM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yamaha at least have a decent sized selection of style only demos on their Tyros website (at least for T2, haven't visited the T3 site for a while). In all fairness, anyone should be able to get a good impression from there...

Anyway, these guys should be bugging the manufacturer for style demos.

#258829 - 03/05/09 07:41 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Diki,
So, what's wrong with that...we are not all PRO's.

So, If I post a song with mostly single note RH melody (Using beautiful sounds, of course) and mostly arranger in the LH it will be looked upon as not worth listening to???

If this forum is only for PRO players with high egos, maybe...a lot of us should leave right now.

Lee S.

#258830 - 03/05/09 07:59 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Diki,

So, If I post a song with mostly single note RH melody (Using beautiful sounds, of course) and mostly arranger in the LH it will be looked upon as not worth listening to???Lee S.

Ahhhh...that's how I love to play my arranger, Lee...and it has been my experience as a clinician, that MOST players (pro and amateur) use them exactly the same way.

I've been using an arranger professionally for quite some time, starting with the Yamaha PS-6100 (a real old timer).

Ian

#258831 - 03/05/09 10:59 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
Diki Offline

Leeboy, I don't think you read the entire thread. There's nothing wrong with how you play. What you missed was that that comment was for those who CLAIM that they like to strip out all the arranger parts, and play with just a minimal accompaniment. However, virtually no-one ever posts any music done like that.

Talk about thin skinned. Have another read of JUST my posts, and tell me where I say anything derogatory about using LH chords and RH solo...

The thing I go on about is how many (including pros) like to hear the lead voice mixed so loud you can barely hear the accompaniment. Something ANY of us can learn from...

You've got to quit making this an 'us and them' thing. This isn't 'pros versus joe's', this is a forum with players of all skill levels, from bare beginner to advanced player (don't mean they are pro, just advanced). If you take any advice and tips the more advanced players give out as a slight on your ability, well, you aren't ever going to learn a damn thing, are you...? I presume you aspire to try and play better? Have a little more self-esteem, and take what is talked about as an opportunity to get better, rather than a slight on your ability.

But feel free to leave if you are uncomfortable being around people that talk about more advanced playing or mixing techniques... I mean, you wouldn't want to accidentally pick up something useful, would you?

#258832 - 03/05/09 11:43 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
Dnj Offline

Exactly Diki well said......I only wish that years ago before arrangers came about that we had such great avenues like these forums to share thoughts and ideas on playing. We had to go it alone and hope that you could absorb anything you could from reading, watching other live acts, playing with friends etc etc ......I dont think some people here realize the great potential having all these levels pro to beginner in one easily accessible place to just push a button & ask a question where you can learn so much about arranger KB playing and beyond.

#258833 - 03/05/09 11:32 PM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
leeboy Offline

Diki,
Don't worry about my skin..it's plenty thick!

So...
'It's rare you get anything much more than a single note RH solo and MAYBE a pad in the LH. Rest is the arranger. There's a good game being TALKED, but not much WALKING...'

Sound a bit Krass to me...
Yes I read the whole thread...read it again yourself.

Actually your comments back from my post shows the kind of person you seem to be here anyways. Like you run the place?

I really don't think you realize how some of the stuff you write is seen by others...you thnk I'm the only one?? Dream on...I've even heard the complaints about it in person! (as current as today!)I usually just let stuff go by...I've seen how you get 'into it' with others here...

Sometimes the 'cocky crap' gets old.

Anyways let's move on...

Lee S.

#258834 - 03/06/09 12:23 PM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
Diki Offline

Ahhh.... so it's only MY cocky crap that gets up your nose, eh?

Take a look at that beam in your own eye, Lee. I seldom like to talk about the TONE of other people's posts (unless they are being out and out abusive), and prefer to stick to the content. But I can assure you, there are plenty of members with 'tones' that get up my nose too...

I simply feel it is unlikely that bitching and whining about it is going to change much... Perhaps you feel differently..?

I could easily take a line or two you have posted out of context (like you just did... that's a multi-post point between me and a few others) and make you out to sound like a cocky arsehole, too... I prefer not to stoop to that level. Perhaps you feel differently?

However, lee, one thing I will probably never do is come onto a thread where I have had no involvement up to that point, and simply call you a douchebag... even if I thought it. Perhaps you feel different...?

I don't have to like you, you don't have to like me... you don't have to like squeak or Donny either (who were all making the same point). But let's just try to keep it to arrangers, eh? Then I won't have to tell you how much I dislike you, either... And won't the forum be better for that? Perhaps you feel different?

If you don't want to read what I post, you can easily skip it or hit the 'back' button. And I can do the same to you... Problem solved.

#258835 - 03/06/09 09:02 PM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
leeboy Offline

Diki,
This is a great forum...lots of knowledgable people. Some pretty heavy egos and personalities going on.
I'm not a trouble maker. Never have been.

I have followed many threads where you and/ or ohers have gotten into it with each other and have gotten real personal. I usually just laugh.

Many others have commented about this including the moderator. People on other forums have commented about it. (a lot more than you may realize)

I guess some people just like to be that way. I usually am not...but I guess you just pulled some out of me. Maybe because I have read so much of it in the past!

This is the only and 'last' time I have not stuck to arrangers since joining...how about you?

I never said I didn't like you...
I guess I just felt like calling you out on something I felt was derogitory to some of us. I play like you described (and so do lots of others)

If that wasn't your intent..I appologize.

Lee S.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online