SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#258807 - 03/04/09 06:24 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndPwCTxKUgI&NR=1
for the Roland GW-8 styles etc.

#258808 - 03/04/09 06:29 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
Dnj Offline

Eddie....excactly

here try this one.....

Pa800
http://www.korg.de/?popup=9785&no_cache=1

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-04-2009).]

#258809 - 03/04/09 06:37 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Look I threw it out there... To all the members I've talked to privately about this issue..., step up or not it's your choice. I told you guys I'd throw the bone out there. Obviously you're not going to get this from members here if you DON'T ASK FOR IT. If you don't want to step up then don't ask me again to throw your questions out there that you're too insecure to post yourselve. I dropped the bone for you guys... This is my last post on the issue.

I just want some of you guys to understand that this forum isn't just about people who perform with arrangers. There are a good number of home players who want you guys to post style only demos...., and could care less about all these Youtube demos with reps showing THEIR fluff and buff rather than the keyboard.

We always talk about being more open minded don't we..., not everyone here wants to hear your interpretations of a style. Some actually want to hear the styles by themselves without all the hoopla in the background.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#258810 - 03/04/09 07:07 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
Dnj Offline

Squeak no need to get upset & defensive so early in the morning but I think our point was proven by the online demos posted here on styles of all kinds.....

btw heres a great Tyros 3 style demo..non pro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tuw9IktLCLE&feature=PlayList&p=37507BFB3E549725&playnext=1&index=47

#258811 - 03/04/09 07:14 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
OK...my HO.
I don't perform out. I am a average at best player. I have played on/off for 45 years for fun only. I am taking some lessons to improve my musical abilities. I am a pretty fair tech. person and I do enjoy a lot of aspects of my keyboard and music technology.

As far as demos...I really enjoy hearing others work...it's encouraging and fun to me.
When I hear a demo...I try to get what I can out of it...maybe playing style or technique, maybe sounds or styles of the instrument or maybe just to enjoy the music.

I am working on a couple pieces now that I will post when time is right...mostly because they are beautiful songs and ones I love to play. If someone enjoys them great.
The sounds/styles will be cool, if some like my playing...so much the better.

I look forward to anyone posting their work...it does not have to be totally PRO to be enjoyed by me...

Lee S.

#258812 - 03/04/09 07:18 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
squeak_D Offline

I'm not mad at you guys Donny. I spoke out for quite a few people who I have been in contact with through private email from the forum. There are a lot of members here who are really insecure about posting questions because of all the bullshit we fight about here.

I threw the bone for them.., if they want to push the issue with you guys it's up to them. What gets me frustrated is I agreed to open the subject if they came out as well to support the request. Myself I wouldn't mind hearing just style demos from people here, but it's no real biggie to me.., but you'd be surprised how many members here who don't perform are tired of hearing performers only type demos. Maybe it's harder for you guys to get because well you're simply basing your responses from the position of someone who performs. The fence has two sides Again some people don't always want to hear how the arranger works for you, but want to hear it stripped so they can judge if the arrangers styles will work for them.

Again I'm not mad at you guys.., this issue isn't as important to me as a few others here..., but just because their numbers aren't as great as some others here doesn't make their needs less valid.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-04-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#258813 - 03/04/09 07:29 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
squeak_D Offline

I deleted it because HOLY CRAP you'd be surprised how many LURKERS there are on this forum. Many of those who asked me to do this are daily lurkers and don't participate in the topics.

Right after a few people posted and the first responses weren't positive I was already getting EMAILS saying just "LET IT GO".., and not to worry about it... WOW..., talk about not seeing something through and giving up on an issue before it even gets off the ground.

I tell ya something.., if just two lurkers a day came out and started posting for the next 7 days.., by the end of the 7th day we wouldn't recognize anyone here

#258814 - 03/04/09 08:11 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I just read this entire thread and have very little idea what you're talking about. I must have got to it too late. Why post something and then delete it so soon?
DonM

#258815 - 03/04/09 10:16 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I too, have no idea what this is about. THEREFORE, let's not drag it out to multiple pages since the original, defining post has been deleted. Else it'll be another Seinfeld 'thread about nothing'.

chas

#258816 - 03/04/09 12:03 PM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
squeak_D Offline

Don't worry guys you didn't really miss anything important...

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online