SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#258788 - 03/03/09 06:52 PM 802 review
zuki Offline

These little things are KILLER! My setup was as follows:

I put my extension box behind me in the middle of the keyboard.
I stood the speakers straight up - about 2' behind and 6' to each side (this is about the length of the attached power cords).

I played (3) different venues:

1. Nursing - med size room with 20 people scattered throughout
2. Dinner - med room with 60 people at tables
3. Nursing - larger room with 35 people scattered throughout

I did a sound check by engaging the style/song and checked from the back of the room (40'). It carried well and was very clear. I can imagine these things doing very large rooms with NO problem.

The speakers provided great bass and treble - just perfect. It handled complex arrangements, with vocals and harmonies without a glitch. I did a couple of very loud songs and it was amazing in response.

I had the volume at 12:00 and mid range knob about 2pm (I prefer a bit more treble). I had my Korg at 1/2 volume, same as when using Mackies.

Everyone loved the sound. I loved the sound. I'm sure purist who EQ everything would be less impressed, but for what I do, I didn't find any appreciable difference from the Mackies (I now have them for sale).

Here's what I like:

1. Price - unreal
2. Attached power cords - this saved me time. I hate having separate cords for the Mackies
3. Rubber feet - sit up a bit off the floor
4. Weight - great - cannot believe how lighter my cart was
5. Was able to even get my XB seat up - much less room required for transport.

All in all, you cannot go wrong. Thanks Fran. I hope they hold up.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#258789 - 03/03/09 07:00 PM Re: 802 review
Dnj Offline

Zuki.......wow sounds like your in love with the new Podium 802's..good luck to you. Man your selling your beloved Mackie 450's now that says volumes for sure.....kingfrog is shaking his head now hahahahah I'll bet now everyone is ordering them for that price for sure!!
Like Fran said they are better then the BOSE L1 system at 1/20th the price hahah:eek;

Fran is SUPERMAN!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-03-2009).]

#258790 - 03/03/09 07:01 PM Re: 802 review
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Zuki , post this on our 7 page thread

#258791 - 03/05/09 08:12 AM Re: 802 review
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Jim, I'm sold. I'm getting two for my new house gig. I'll place them in separate dining rooms and line out of the PA, with some really long cords. I'll just have to remember to turn them off each night.

Understand they're now back-ordered. They'll probably be closer to $259.00 than the price you paid.

Sounds like really versatile little units!

R.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online