SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#258718 - 03/03/09 10:57 AM Re: OT/...Does Anyone have one of these?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Notice they don't show these things in comparison to a normal car... They are TINY. You get about as much protection as a scooter... that's plastic, not steel surrounding you.

Anyway, in the hands of a breaker, it isn't the OTHER drivers you have to worry about... it's THEM

My favorite time of year is just happening (actually peaked a week or so ago). Spring breakers arrive about a week or so before the snowbirds leave... So you have two sets of bad drivers on the road at the same time.... one going way too fast, and the other going way too slow

Stick these in the mix in the hands of irresponsible kids, and you have quite the demolition derby!

#258719 - 03/03/09 11:14 AM Re: OT/...Does Anyone have one of these?.......
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Actually, I've been looking at a Tango, made in South America. The current model is available in a 49cc and a 200cc model, with a 300cc model in the works.

Around here, they're classified as a moped (49cc) and as motorcycles for the larger ones. I would use it as a delivery vehicle downtown for art projects. I currently use a 150cc Kymco motorcsooter for downtown. It's great...just park in an alley, beside a building or on the sidewalk. Been doing that for years.

I'll get a 300cc Tango when it's available. Have had a series of little three wheeled Bajaj delivery vehicles (made in India), but they're pulling out of the US and repair (which is frequent) will be difficult.

R.

#258720 - 03/03/09 11:14 AM Re: OT/...Does Anyone have one of these?.......
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I agree that yes you're gonna have those idiots cruisin in these things. However, for those who do buy them as a pleasure vehicle need to realize that when riding something like this you should treat it like riding a motorcycle and use the rules of riding a motorbike when on the road.

A big mistake people always make (that those of us who have or had motorcycles know--myself I used to have a Honda GoldWing) is that you NEVER hug the ass end of a car at a stop! You do that and you're gonna get plowed for sure. Personally I think the laws should require people at least get basic motorbike training courses with any vehicle like this before hitting the road with it.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#258721 - 03/03/09 03:18 PM Re: OT/...Does Anyone have one of these?.......
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I don't know why I didn't recognize these things immediately ... I've seen them in Newport the last year or 2 ... http://www.scootersofnewport.com/
t.

#258722 - 03/03/09 03:39 PM Re: OT/...Does Anyone have one of these?.......
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by captain Russ:
Actually, I've been looking at a Tango, made in South America. .

http://www.commutercars.com/

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-03-2009).]

#258723 - 03/04/09 07:43 AM Re: OT/...Does Anyone have one of these?.......
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
A Korg PA-X or a G70 are probably longer than this joke.

#258724 - 03/04/09 07:56 AM Re: OT/...Does Anyone have one of these?.......
squeak_D Offline

Which one's the joke? The Commuter Car, the Scoot Coupe, or both. I don't see any joke. I see these as smart designs. The Scoot Coupe is simply a SCOOTER, but with a more practical design. Scooters are very popular modes of transportation. The Scoot Coupe just take the traditional 2 wheeled scooter that seats 2 people..., adds a third wheel.., having dual front wheels (widening the wheelbase) for stability, and moves the occupants to the traditional (side by side seating). We don't look at scooters as jokes considering how practical they are in many environments. Why should the Scoot Coupe be looked at any differently. Take the tourist out of the picture and consider people who would normally purchase a scooter having this as another option.

I think that commuter car is really cool. Again..., they're just building on an already popular concept (the electric compact car), but just finding a different way to use it. Look at the performance specs on this thing.., they're not bad.., this little pup can get up and move! Pretty cool. It's not a family car.., but there are a lot of SINGLE people who could benefit from it
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#258725 - 03/04/09 12:53 PM Re: OT/...Does Anyone have one of these?.......
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Different Tango, guys. The one I'm looking at has a gas scooter engine and is made by a company in South America. It's about $8,000 with a 200cc engine. This one (the electric one) is about $30,000.00. George Clooney bought one last year.

R.

#258726 - 03/04/09 01:01 PM Re: OT/...Does Anyone have one of these?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Just the fact that Americans would even entertain the idea of something like this shows how things are changing...

In the past, without a V8 and 0-60 times under 6 sec., it wouldn't get the time of day...

Ain't it wonderful what a financial crisis and $4 gas will do to a people?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 03-04-2009).]

#258727 - 03/04/09 01:06 PM Re: OT/...Does Anyone have one of these?.......
squeak_D Offline

Hell.., I'd buy one of those Scoot Coupes. I'm not a tourist.., I used to have my bike license and had a nice Honda GoldWing. I know the rules of the road when you're running on two wheels

I think the Scoot Coupe is a very cool idea because it's just simply a scooter with a more practical design IMO. I still say these Scoot Coupes are more visible than a standard scooter pushing a 49cc engine.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online