SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#258542 - 03/01/09 03:28 AM Got the Pa2x
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Finally on friday I got my Pa2x and I can't stop playing it!! The synth sounds are awesome and full editable.

Just as an example I'm posting a guitar line done with an unplugged style just like I did with the Audya some time ago, just to show that MIDI can sound quite as good as audio loops without the chording problems audio has. Also I can change the guitar from steel to nylon or even electric using the same loop easilly just changing the MIDI instrument.
http://www.4shared.com/file/90119995/6bf85888/Pa2xGuitar.html

#258543 - 03/01/09 04:16 AM Re: Got the Pa2x
Jose Pereira Offline

Loc: Funchal Portugal
Hi mrdave
Congratulations on your purchase!
mrdave, how you compare Audya´s Acoustic Piano to the PA2X piano´s? I played the PA2X for just 20 min especially the piano (my main instrument) and don´t liked so much (I hate the Tyros2 piano that I own too...)
Why you choose the PA2X over the Audya?
THANKS for your comments and help!
Jose

#258544 - 03/01/09 04:23 AM Re: Got the Pa2x
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by mrdave:
Finally on friday I got my Pa2x and I can't stop playing it!! The synth sounds are awesome and full editable.

Just as an example I'm posting a guitar line done with an unplugged style just like I did with the Audya some time ago, just to show that MIDI can sound quite as good as audio loops without the chording problems audio has. Also I can change the guitar from steel to nylon or even electric using the same loop easilly just changing the MIDI instrument.

That's a pretty unfair comparison, a keyboard that has not been released yet and it is still in beta mode vs a keyboard that has been released out in to the market for over a year or two, which has received updates already. I can also take the SD5 play the unplug styles and get the same result as you did with the Korg. But good luck with your purchase.

#258545 - 03/01/09 06:40 AM Re: Got the Pa2x
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:

Enjoy it. I had one for four months and have always been a Korg fan. The wife still missed it (until the XS8 Arrived Friday).

My issues were lack of style availability that's about it. Not a big fan of touch screens either but thats not a deal breaker.
I know you can "roll your own" styles but I would rather do that with the ARPs on a WS.

You will love that board if you enjoy tinkering with voices and sequences, I probably did not give it much of a chance since the T3 was being released and I thought it best to sell the PA2x while IT was back ordered many places before the T3 came out. Timimg was critical to get at least $2900 for the Korg I paid $3200 for.

Truth be told. If the T3 did not come out when it did and I could not get the employee deal for 10% under cost. I probably would not have the Tyros and XS8 and would still have the Korg and by now been a Master on it instead of now going back to school (a very long semester) on the Motif.

You will love that board. Enjoy. BTW did Korg lower their prices on the Arrangers like they do on the WS. I should know this since we carry the line now but we don't stock anything higher than the PA50 because it sells to those who are looking to save some money comparing to the the PSR700 even more now that Yamaha raised their prices.

PA800 would be a tough sell vs the PSR900 for $500 more.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#258546 - 03/01/09 07:40 AM Re: Got the Pa2x
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Jose Pereira:
Hi mrdave
mrdave, how you compare Audya´s Acoustic Piano to the PA2X piano´s? I played the PA2X for just 20 min especially the piano (my main instrument) and don´t liked so much (I hate the Tyros2 piano that I own too...)
Why you choose the PA2X over the Audya?
Jose

Well... piano sound liking is very subjective, for me, as a personal taste by now the best piano I could get on arrangers came from the G70, but the Pa2X si pretty close and I feel comfortable with it. Instead I do not like the preset piano that come with the Audya, seems unnatural to me, while the 36MB supersolo version you can load in RAM is rather good, but you have to load it each time you turn on the instrument (there's the autoload function however)

I already wrote in another post why I chosed the Pa2x, the main reasons are:

1) far better synth sounds and complete synth and style editing;
2) In general better sounds for right hand (this is subjective, for somebody Ketron sounds could be better, but not for me);
3) Price considering the feature set of the instruments, with Pa2x you get the 16 track sequencer that Audya lacks for 500€ less. (Note that Audya has things missing from Pa2x, like DJ Loops, Key tunes, 5 players, but I don't use these things anyway...);

#258547 - 03/01/09 07:49 AM Re: Got the Pa2x
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
That's a pretty unfair comparison, a keyboard that has not been released yet and it is still in beta mode ...

Really? Audya are for sale all over Europe, and if Ketron sell a betaversion at the high
price level as Audya is placed, well, shame on them!!
Is there any manufacturer who sell betaversions rather than version 1.0? I doubt it.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#258548 - 03/01/09 08:01 AM Re: Got the Pa2x
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Finally on friday I got my Pa2x and I can't stop playing it!! The synth sounds are awesome and full editable....

Congrats!
To be honest, I'm more and more thinking about get one myself....
But just now I would rather hear about what don't make you smile
than only the good and best.
What part(s) of the PA2X is not as you expected?

GJ

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 03-01-2009).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#258549 - 03/01/09 08:35 AM Re: Got the Pa2x
zuki Offline

Congratulations - have fun. I sure like my PA800

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#258550 - 03/01/09 09:25 AM Re: Got the Pa2x
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:

Sounds pretty darn good to me, and much more homogeneous than what we've heard so far on the Audya....plus the chord recognition is faultless.

I think MIDI triggering of great guitar samples is far more practical (and versatile) than using audio loops.

Ian

#258551 - 03/01/09 11:23 AM Re: Got the Pa2x
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Really? Audya are for sale all over Europe, and if Ketron sell a betaversion at the high
price level as Audya is placed, well, shame on them!!
Is there any manufacturer who sell betaversions rather than version 1.0? I doubt it.
GJ

Well you a choice don't purchase it then, that the only way you can send a message to a company.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online