SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#258462 - 03/04/09 09:34 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Why not simply a license deal with a great style factory, if he hasn't got the dough up front? Not that I imagine that it is THAT expensive... hundreds of thousands? For 400 styles? $500 or more per style? Shouldn't be hard to find someone at THAT rate!

Has Dom talked to EMC?

#258463 - 03/04/09 09:35 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yes Lee, I think you may be right.. I will be downloading the new XG set tomorrow (assuming Dom gets it out as expected) and will load it
up and see.

Dennis

#258464 - 03/05/09 12:42 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Dennis

Points to remember

Make sure you use a download manager, as you wouldn’t want to start again if the connection dropped.

Make sure your ISP doesn’t have data limits set up on your account.

If you haven’t got broadband, forget it.

Remember it will probably be about a 4GB download. (Depends how WinRAR has compressed the files)

Enjoy, and don’t rush anything. (Software arrangers are infectious)

Regards

Bill

#258465 - 03/05/09 02:21 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
Hi Dennis

Points to remember

Make sure you use a download manager, as you wouldn’t want to start again if the connection dropped.

Make sure your ISP doesn’t have data limits set up on your account.

If you haven’t got broadband, forget it.

Remember it will probably be about a 4GB download. (Depends how WinRAR has compressed the files)

Enjoy, and don’t rush anything. (Software arrangers are infectious)

Regards

Bill

good point Bill!
In some hours the XG soundbank is uploaded: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/qsampler/YXG-GIGA.jpg

The folder is about 4200Mb now and the compressed RAR file is 2300Mb.
The MS user can download direct from the MS GFTP tool and I will also duplicate one copy on the web store.
I have to test too IF the Explorer and Firefox are able to download one big RAR file of 2300mb without errors.

So...MS users please use first the GFTP tool from MS side to be totally sure of the whole download and then Extract the rar file inside the GigaLibrary folder.
With the GIGA SOLO MS mode you can also play the all new giga sounds on right hand.
Enjoy

#258466 - 03/05/09 03:02 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Ciao Domenico,
it was nice talking to you this morning, thanks for your time.

#258467 - 03/05/09 03:35 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Ciao Domenico,
it was nice talking to you this morning, thanks for your time.

thanks Nedim, was really a nice conversation.
You get a email reply...

#258468 - 03/05/09 07:32 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Diki,
Yes I have heard the rate is several hundred per style. But also, there are some third party's that make them and sell for more like $10.00. But are they like factory quality? Subjective.

Wersi was smart...just license to use the Yamaha styles and provide the engine to play them directly. How do they work/sound?

Dennis,
I'll be anxious to hear how the XG set works/sounds.

Dom,
Hey man...just send CD's out for the sound set. Won't cost that much. Quality assured.

Lee S.

#258469 - 03/05/09 08:06 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
LIONSTRACS Offline

Just download it, where is the problem? http://www.lionstracs.com/store/yxggiga-p-221.html

All the MS user can login with the MS GFTP tool and start to download too.
Enjoy

#258470 - 03/05/09 04:43 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
To both Lees, Denis and Franky...MS is smiling my way too i think...next to AUDYA...
Frank, Dom told me today on the phone yours is on the way, when do i come see it?

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 03-05-2009).]

#258471 - 03/05/09 05:21 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Frank,
rather than hijack Dom's thread
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/019220.html

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
Rikki, it may be hard to believe that I have not made many changes to my software based arranger system in recent times. As you know I spent a great deal of time getting my system up to the quality and reliability standards I set for myself. I still prefer my software based system over any of the hardware based arranger systems out there today. I have operated my software system now for many many years.

I am all for progress and aplaud the development of the MS. It has a better control surface compared to my system for one.

Rikki, I still think you and Fran should just give up on the hardware stuff and again adopt the software approach....you just can't lose!!! Besides I need some friends.....

Lee S. I don't think Garritan's wavetables will include key switching. You find more of that in the higher end (East-West, VSL, etc.) sound sets. Although Garritan's Strings may have this feature.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online