SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#258432 - 03/02/09 06:38 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
OK Dom...that's what we have been needing! That is the real answer and the big breakthrough...trust me on this...I have been using LS for a long time and always wanted to put together a top quality VSTi based XG AND mega voice sound library for playing Yamaha styles.

The mega is not ncessary as LS will use the next closest sound...you guys may need to do some work in that area and maybe involve Norbert.

As a second project...why not actually do the mega voices? It can be done. To make sure they are right you will need a T2 or T3 available.

What about the list of LS functions controlled in MS? I would like the details on this...it is critical as to the real playability of Ls within MS.

Lee S.

#258433 - 03/02/09 06:42 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
leeboy Offline

Excuse the quesion...but MS is a full touch screen? If so LS will work very well on MS by using touch screen. I had a 15" touch screen here for a demo and used the touch screen with LS...worked super. Even though many will want real buttons...especially our seeing impared friends around the world.

Lee S.

#258434 - 03/02/09 07:34 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
Frank L. Rosenthal Offline

Is there a reason for picking GIGA samples for the sounds? These sounds may be good enough for the arranger part and one could choose higher quality (and newer - Garritan, East-West, VSL, and others) voices for the lead (right hand) voices. Just something to think about.

#258435 - 03/03/09 12:29 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Excuse the quesion...but MS is a full touch screen? If so LS will work very well on MS by using touch screen. I had a 15" touch screen here for a demo and used the touch screen with LS...worked super. Even though many will want real buttons...especially our seeing impared friends around the world.

Lee S.

yes, of course, is full touch screen and you can see on some video too when we like to change the all VST parameters too.

Live styler will work as TCP host, on virtual desktop 3, when you focus Live-styler, you can also use it during the play or for open the setups configuration, Midi I/O configuration.

If you touch the Live-styler patterns/features, they are sent to MS interface too, like a duplex TCP system.
NOTE: we have only integrated the arranger section features and NOT the right hand presets/sounds system, because for the right hand we will use the MS features.
IF you want, you can enalbe it BUT then you have to use this more features by the touch screen on Live styler.

#258436 - 03/03/09 12:36 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
OK Dom...that's what we have been needing! That is the real answer and the big breakthrough...trust me on this...I have been using LS for a long time and always wanted to put together a top quality VSTi based XG AND mega voice sound library for playing Yamaha styles.

The mega is not ncessary as LS will use the next closest sound...you guys may need to do some work in that area and maybe involve Norbert.

As a second project...why not actually do the mega voices? It can be done. To make sure they are right you will need a T2 or T3 available.

What about the list of LS functions controlled in MS? I would like the details on this...it is critical as to the real playability of Ls within MS.

Lee S.

step by step...
first we release the XG-GIGA soundbank under the MS Linuxsampler features and then MAYBE I can try to organize the same XG soundbank under the Linuxsampler VST system for the PC desktop user...BUT not sure that I will do.

After the XG-GIGA soundbank, the sound designer will try to "clone" the mega voices too, this is a little more complex work BUT is possible, because the Gigastudio have this multilayer features too.

For the Live styler to MS features I have already reply and we have only supported by TCP network the all basic arranger section and not the Right hand sounds session.

#258437 - 03/03/09 12:41 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
LIONSTRACS Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:
Is there a reason for picking GIGA samples for the sounds? These sounds may be good enough for the arranger part and one could choose higher quality (and newer - Garritan, East-West, VSL, and others) voices for the lead (right hand) voices. Just something to think about.

This is a OLD features that the MS have from 3 years.
Each of the giga file included on soundbank can be prelisten and Inserted on the GIGA SOLO=LAYER1 MS patch mode.
So, you can browser the all single XG-GIGA sounds, test it manually if you like it and then Inserted on the MS patch for the Right hand WHOLE sounds mode OR loaded on to the 8 LAYERED COMBI mode patch.

#258438 - 03/03/09 05:51 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Have to say that this is starting to sound even better by the day.

Regards.
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 03-03-2009).]

#258439 - 03/03/09 06:54 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
leeboy Offline

Frank,

Let mw know when you get the MS in...I will come out there and spend a couple days.
We would have a good time! Audya, MS, T3, PA2....aranger overload for sure! :-)

Lee S.

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 03-03-2009).]

#258440 - 03/03/09 03:36 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Wow,
you've actually created an XG soundbank.

I had a number of xg soundfont banks, but none of them really played back my psr styles perfectly. Drums , even though they were mapped correctly for xg, still didn't play back as well as they should have. Velocities weren't always correct & some of the samples didn't really suit. They sounded different to what was used in my psr. So, style tweaking was required.

What do you mean by
"Fortunally, the MS GIGA streaming sampler don't have the memory issue as the others"

Is there some sort of difference between the MS giga sampler, & the giga samplers run on a pc?? I only ever used soundfonts, I don't think my laptop was up to running the larger stuff.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
[B]
In the next days is ready the new XG-GIGA soundbank and then you there can test what is the big sounds difference!
The sound designer made really a GOOD work, 480 XG sounds and 28 Drunkits, all stereo samples, the XG-GIGA library folder is about 4650Mb of data, plus the 1200Mb of the GM/GS soundbank.
Fortunally, the MS GIGA streaming sampler don't have the memory issue as the others..

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#258441 - 03/03/09 04:14 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Frank,
great to hear from you again. How is the 2009 setup going?? Did garriton ever finish the gm bank?
I've been toying with the idea of using my laptop as a soundmodule for my PA800.

Won't go into detail here as I don't want to hijack this thread.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank L. Rosenthal:

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online