SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#258422 - 02/28/09 05:28 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
So Fran.... Does that mean that you are estimating that maybe by next January, you will finally have the MS sounding like a decent arranger?

Because if it is any sooner, why not post something up now (or whenever it happens)?

You see, if it is me, I really don't think I could wait nearly a year to make something good on a piece of gear I just got (or already had for a couple of years or so!). If it were me, I'd want to be able to make something decent on it the day I got it, or it would be going back!

#258423 - 02/28/09 11:54 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

#258424 - 03/01/09 03:59 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...

#258425 - 03/01/09 04:08 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
If I want to crown some folks here, Nigel is the first as "King of patience".
Chico

#258426 - 03/02/09 03:57 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
Magica Alfa Offline

Realy nice thing YAMAHA STYLES on MS.

Thanks DOM.

#258427 - 03/02/09 11:20 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yeah, because playing them on a cheap PSR (which is what that sounded like) would be too simple and easy, wouldn't it?

What would have been more convincing would have been to already convert them to the best VSTi's you had, and have them actually sound BETTER than the cheap portable arranger they came from. JMO...

#258428 - 03/02/09 12:46 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
124 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi Guys,
one thing that's got me intrigued, is, I wonder what Yamaha would think about a perfect clone?
They appear to turn a blind eye when it comes to software like OMB & Live Styler & the hundreds of psr styles that are converted to other formats.
Guessing the reason may be because conversions don't sound as good as originals. They also require tweaking.
And in the case of OMB & Livestyler the PERFECT psr soundsource doesn't exist (as far as I'm aware.) Styles again require tweaking, which puts a lot of potential users off.

best wishes
Rikki

More likely that Yamaha turn a blind eye because they know that when it comes to arrangers, theirs are ready to go right out of the box which is what the huge majority of arranger buyers want. And that huge majority ain't gonna faff around with something as complex as the MS appears to be.

The only other reason may be that Yamaha are constucting the mother of all lawsuits on the styles copyright issue.

#258429 - 03/02/09 03:51 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by 124:
More likely that Yamaha turn a blind eye because they know that when it comes to arrangers, theirs are ready to go right out of the box which is what the huge majority of arranger buyers want. And that huge majority ain't gonna faff around with something as complex as the MS appears to be.

The only other reason may be that Yamaha are constucting the mother of all lawsuits on the styles copyright issue.

Where is the problem...Live Styler (included with the new MS) is a midi based Yamaha style player..The styles are wherever the consumer wants to get them...They are all over the place (most are terrible for me anyway..some are great)..And you can put your own sound library to use with LiveStyler...Unfortunately they have to be close to the XG wave table to sound like the Yamaha line...so why worry about using the better Giga sound library...

#258430 - 03/02/09 05:09 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Correct Fran
The Live-styles is only a midi based yamaha styles player and then depend on wich XG soundfonts you will use.

I told in my old post too, the Yamaha YXG50 VST is just a simple 5Mb XG soundfonts and sounds really sh.......
In the next days is ready the new XG-GIGA soundbank and then you there can test what is the big sounds difference!
The sound designer made really a GOOD work, 480 XG sounds and 28 Drunkits, all stereo samples, the XG-GIGA library folder is about 4650Mb of data, plus the 1200Mb of the GM/GS soundbank.
Fortunally, the MS GIGA streaming sampler don't have the memory issue as the others..
This friday is ready to FREE download, just let me complete the sounds mapping LSCP list.

#258431 - 03/02/09 05:44 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
miden Offline

Loc: The World
That's great news Dom.. My finger is poised over the download button..........

Dennis

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online