SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#258412 - 02/28/09 06:26 AM MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Ok, here is the Live styler TCP network engine integrated on Mediastation:

The Live-Styler is running in background as Host server by network TCP control,thsi mean how you can see on the vodeo demo that will be never displayed during the play:

And here i made a small video demo on Youtube for shown how the Live-styler in Background Host server is working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV6Pry6REIg

The video is recorder from a normally videocamera with Mic.
The XG sounds used is the original Yamaha YXG50 VST, some DSP, GIGA and B4II Asio host sounds, then you know well how this engine are sounding..

I will update more info on the video and here soon...now is saturday..
best regards

#258413 - 02/28/09 06:35 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
Dnj Offline

Thanx Dom.......next time I hope you record directly into the camera for a better sound.
Mediastaion gets more interesting every time.

#258414 - 02/28/09 07:40 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Yeah, it really gets your juices going......right up to the point where it starts playing. The SPECS (and potential) continue to make me want one, despite everything my ears are telling me. With all due respect, I don't think these audio clips are helping the MS's cause.

I still believe it is (or could be) an awesome music creation tool, but you really can't blame Diki and others for insisting that SOMEONE......ANYONE, make a decent piece of music on it. Send one to Herbie Hancock.

chas

#258415 - 02/28/09 07:42 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Looking good there LIONSTRACS.
Seems the mediastation is a pretty powerful beast.

Regards.
James.

#258416 - 02/28/09 08:29 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Yeah, it really gets your juices going......right up to the point where it starts playing. The SPECS (and potential) continue to make me want one, despite everything my ears are telling me. With all due respect, I don't think these audio clips are helping the MS's cause.

I still believe it is (or could be) an awesome music creation tool, but you really can't blame Diki and others for insisting that SOMEONE......ANYONE, make a decent piece of music on it. Send one to Herbie Hancock.

chas

Chas, I am planning a road trip/vacation next January....I have you penciled in to stop by and say hello..if you share your email. and postal address..

My plan is to drive to the jam, with my MediaStation, and wife.. ....and stop by a few SZ member homes...If they want me to stop in...

We can set the MS up and you can record one of those quality videos, and place it on youtube....We can monitor through your 802's..

#258417 - 02/28/09 10:10 AM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Chas, I am planning a road trip/vacation next January....I have you penciled in to stop by and say hello..if you share your email. and postal address..

My plan is to drive to the jam, with my MediaStation, and wife.. ....and stop by a few SZ member homes...If they want me to stop in...

We can set the MS up and you can record one of those quality videos, and place it on youtube....We can monitor through your 802's..

Fran, my wife and I would be honored to host you and your wife. We just purchased a new (to us) house (irresistible 'short sale') but it has lots of room (6500 sq.ft.-6 beds/6 baths) and there's just the two of us, so feel free to stay over and check out the local music scene if you like. It has a great space for a studio (probably intended as a large media room) and I should have it up to speed by then (I was thinking of trying to get Diki to come up and help me set it up - he doesn't know it yet ). My wife's a lousy cook but there are lots of great restaurants in the area, many with live music. Let's make it happen.

chas

PS: Just in case we have to 'sit in' in one of the clubs, start practicing Ebony and Ivory .

#258418 - 02/28/09 03:49 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Thanx Dom.......next time I hope you record directly into the camera for a better sound.

Indeed, but when we see a real good performance on this instrument.
There must be a better way to demo this unit.

Impuls

#258419 - 02/28/09 04:36 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
OK, Guys...now here is what he has.
A arranger (YES it is now officialy an arranger!) that plays Yamaha styles ( Last I looked there were a couple), virtually any soft synth (VSTi) Giga, etc. for solo and LH sounds. That means you are not stuck with the standard factory voices provided (Like in Yamaha, Korg, Roland, Ketron etc). That means if I want a close to perfect violin, Oboe, Clarinet, piano Sax, etc, etc. I can have it.

Dom,
Tell me the buttons on the MS that correspond to the LS functios. I would like a list of all that are currently programmed.
You can get technical...I know LS like the back of my hand.

Now, all you need is a very high quality XG, and Mega-Voice sound set for the styles...are you working on that?

Why not do a few COMPLETE songs with MS & LS and post MP3's...so we can reallyhear this thing!

Thanks,
Lee S.

#258420 - 02/28/09 05:14 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Guys,
one thing that's got me intrigued, is, I wonder what Yamaha would think about a perfect clone?
They appear to turn a blind eye when it comes to software like OMB & Live Styler & the hundreds of psr styles that are converted to other formats.
Guessing the reason may be because conversions don't sound as good as originals. They also require tweaking.
And in the case of OMB & Livestyler the PERFECT psr soundsource doesn't exist (as far as I'm aware.) Styles again require tweaking, which puts a lot of potential users off.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#258421 - 02/28/09 05:16 PM Re: MEDIASTATION with Live Styler player
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
i dont know if that sounded beter than how the Ms sounded 3 years ago but having said that i have heard demos that didnt sound a whole lot better on from the main manufacturers keyboards also. Your demo showed one thing that just jumped out at me, forget the sound for a minute...how easy is it to navigate around the MS to change styles and sounds on the fly ? I know you are introducing new functionality on the MS all the time (although i dont understand why) but in the demo above i saw the demonstrator at one point press about 6 buttons to change a set up. Does the MS have one touch settings ? Another time the demonstrator took both his hands of the keys to change a setting ....lots of hands almost crossing over each other . It doesnt look very user friendly at all. I knom there is a steep learning curve for all arrangers but this looks challenging. Have you got a diagram you can publish on this site that shows the function buttons on the MS , the style sections, sound sections and one touch settings just so i can understand the physical layout and what the buttons do. There are lots of lights on your keyboard all active at the same time , looks confusing to me. Also the last style you played was a gospel style straight from the PA1X.It sounded really poor in comparrison to the original. It sounds like it might be quite time consuming to tweak any style to sound close to how it sounded on the original instrument.

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 02-28-2009).]

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 02-28-2009).]

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online