Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#258128 - 02/25/09 10:04 PM Re: Got the E60 today
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
What do you mean by 'VA's power'?

You mean the sounds, or the OS?

I'd be cautious about dismissing this quite as quickly as the G70, though. Firstly, there are a LOT of G70 styles, and VA styles, and Korg styles, you name it, already converted for the E60. If what you want to hear isn't in the E60 yet, chances are you can load it. Or is a style that you really like already in it, but you don't like the sound of it? That's where those Makeup Tools come in.

And come on... be fair. You are comparing a $2800 arranger with a sub-$2000 (probably MUCH sub!) one. One would feel very poorly for the Korg if it DIDN'T sound a damn sight better!

#258129 - 02/25/09 10:08 PM Re: Got the E60 today
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I sure would like to HEAR a recording or two of the PA800. I have yet to hear one sound good.
Could you post something when you get a chance?
It is just unbelievable to me that anyone could like the PA800 sound more than that of Ketron or Roland. I'm not saying it's not good, I just haven't heard one sound good.
On the other hand, the little E50 blows me away, sound-wise.
Thanks,
DonM

#258130 - 02/26/09 05:52 AM Re: Got the E60 today
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Spending an hour on the E60 has been disappointing. To be honest, the PA800 makes this thing sound like a toy I actually prefer the VA's power over the E. I've taken my VA off sale for now.

After only an Hour?......

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-26-2009).]

#258131 - 02/26/09 05:56 AM Re: Got the E60 today
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I sure would like to HEAR a recording or two of the PA800. I have yet to hear one sound good.
Could you post something when you get a chance?
It is just unbelievable to me that anyone could like the PA800 sound more than that of Ketron or Roland. I'm not saying it's not good, I just haven't heard one sound good.
On the other hand, the little E50 blows me away, sound-wise.
Thanks,
DonM

Don.....forget it, Zuki will never post anything although he says he will many times typical scenario of talk vs listening which will solve all this negativity......as always the proof is on the pudding....the problem sometimes lies with teh player not the arranger kb.

#258132 - 02/26/09 06:16 AM Re: Got the E60 today
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I had a gut feeling that Zuki would not like the E60 very much.

We all have a sound that we like to hear coming out of our speakers...for many of us it is not Roland, although it still manages to be popular with quite a few here on SZ.

I still haven't played a Korg because their arrangers are not sold here, but I sure would love to try one out and see/hear what the fuss is all about by those who really have taken to them.

Good luck, Zuki....sometimes the devil you know...

Ian

#258133 - 02/26/09 06:38 AM Re: Got the E60 today
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
i just want to say something. it would be a mistake to expect E60 to carry G70 sound's quality. it simply doesn't. for what it is, it's good, but do not take it for "best sounds from roland library" 'cause it's not.

#258134 - 02/26/09 06:55 AM Re: Got the E60 today
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Someone please flush the toilet now because this topic is fast on its way to going down the toilet.

How can you even compare the E-60 to the Korg PA-800? That's like comparing the PSR-S700 to the Tyros 3. It's by no means a fair comparison.

Ian then goes and makes this statement:
--------------------------------------------
We all have a sound that we like to hear coming out of our speakers...for many of us it is not Roland, although it still manages to be popular with quite a few here on SZ.
--------------------------------------------

Gee how shocking it must be to some that other's may prefer or like the sound of a Roland..., and oh no its sound "still MANAGES to be popular".

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 02-26-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#258135 - 02/26/09 07:55 AM Re: Got the E60 today
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Gee how shocking it must be to some that other's may prefer or like the sound of a Roland..., and oh no its sound "still MANAGES to be popular".:

Not "shocking", old buddy...nothing shocking about people liking the Roland sound...it's not bad, and appeals to several here on the forum...just read some of Fran's or Diki's enthusiastic posts, and perhaps you will feel much better.

And yes, the Roland arranger still manages to be popular, although it seems to be that way only amongst those who already have them as opposed to those who want to buy them.

I like the sound of Roland arrangers, but not enough to buy one...if the sound really appealed to me I'd have one in a minute.

I would no more use a Roland than I would replace my Honda Accord with a Toyota Camry...I just like the way the former feels and is more of a reliable "driver's" car that just an reliable appliance like the latter.

What Roland arranger are you presently playing?

Why haven't you got an E60 or perhaps a G70 if they appeal so much to your senses...life is too short to deny yourself the object of your desires?

A few gigs and they'd be paid for in no time.

And if you don't gig, the G70's bulk and weight wouldn't/shouldn't make a difference.

Why wish when you can have....a second hand G70 wouldn't be that much, and Fran knows where there are all kinds(or so he says).

Let's just hope Roland hasn't given up on the MOTL, and TOTL arranger segment...it would be a pity, as competition always improves the breed and if they jumped in with some cool new technology and styles, I'm sure Y and K would be scurrying back to the drawing boards and come out with their own versions.

And what's wrong with that? We'd all benefit, wouldn't we?

Ian

#258136 - 02/26/09 08:07 AM Re: Got the E60 today
squeak_D Offline

What you seem to forget Ian is that there are many people on this forum who are not a ONE BRAND FANBOY. How can I comment on the sound of a Roland as it relates to an arranger..., well I don't own a Roland arranger.., however.., I would think that being the owner of a ROLAND FANTOM X6 (a synth whos sounds do show up in their arrangers and is clearly no secret) that Ican comment on the issue.

Apprarently it means nothing to people here that I also own a Yamaha Motif ES-6.., but somehow I'm still considered a Yamaha hater and basher. I like Yamaha's synths but don't care for their arranger line, but I'm still considered a Yamaha hater just because I'm not on the wagon with the VERY OBVIOUS YAMAHA BIAS that has been present on this forum for years.

Perhaps Ian..., if you just came out and said things more directly rather than pussy-foot around your opinion with some of your statements.., I think it would be different. An issue lately has been about Diki's postings regarding every MediaStation topic that shows up... When on the other end of that..., it's YOU that does the same bloody thing and takes every chance you get to sneak in your Roland opinions. The main difference here is Diki is at least ballsy enough and has the guts to take it head on and come right out with what he has to say about the issue. Your remarks just often get pushed under the rug because you always beat around the topic and sneak it in.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#258137 - 02/26/09 08:17 AM Re: Got the E60 today
squeak_D Offline

Another thing to take into consideration is that those of us who own Roland's and Korg's CAN comment on certain sound related issues BECAUSE both Roland and Korg UNLIKE YAMAHA have numerious patches that overlap between their models.

Korg's PA series TRITON BASED SOUND ENGINES..., straight from the Workstations..., if memory serves me correctly TRITON PROGRAMS were converted to load on the PA series back then. Roland (even more Recently..., with the GW-8 series)..., and the G-70 again overlapping sounds with the synths and arrangers. Where does that beautiful lovely piano come from on the G-70?????

How many Yamaha owners can jump up and comment on these issues considering the wall between their arrangers and synths?????

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online