SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#257985 - 02/25/09 06:33 PM Re: Leezone's AUDYA Review...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
And on top of all mentioned above that can be done at the same time you can still do LOADING
and other stuff on the OS.

#257986 - 02/25/09 06:55 PM Re: Leezone's AUDYA Review...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by hellboy44:

Playing an SMF (2 at once if you want) AND .Wav's AND MP3's AND Audio Loops/Styles all at once (or so I have read, correct me if I'm wrong here) is a "next generation step forward". You won't often need to play EVERYTHING together for sure, but it's nice to know the capability is there, and gives a clear indication of how much potential power is in this Machine.

That alone is worth the $5000.00 price tag in an all in one unit.....it was the strenght of the midjay which I loved.

#257987 - 02/25/09 09:05 PM Re: Leezone's AUDYA Review...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by hellboy44:
You won't often need to play EVERYTHING together for sure, but it's nice to know the capability is there,

I can't for the life of me think of when I'd ever play two songs at the same time. Sure, I've listened to Charles Ives, but it is a pretty acquired taste

I guess I'm just not into the whole DJ culture. I play a song and segue into the next, sure... But layering two songs on top of each other?

I'm sorry, there are so MANY things I would like to see in an arranger, but the ability to play a whole bunch of different stuff simultaneously ain't one of them

#257988 - 02/25/09 09:57 PM Re: Leezone's AUDYA Review...
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Diki, it's for when you need more than the standard 16 (well 15 including a Master I guess) tracks of an SMF normally available.

For example, ambitious Classical pieces (using individual Orchestral instruments on each track instead of the "Full Orchestra Patch" on 1 or 2 tracks for a more authentic sounding and complex composition.
Even some highly orchestrated Pop songs could make use of it, particularly if they used samples.

Linking 2 SMFs would also eliminate the need for switching between more than one instrument on one track, to get around a 16 track limitation - say you needed 17 or 18 tracks - just one or two more than the "standard".

I myself wouldn't use it, but I could see it being a viable option for some people.

[This message has been edited by hellboy44 (edited 02-25-2009).]

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#257989 - 02/26/09 01:25 PM Re: Leezone's AUDYA Review...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Why not simply put a sequencer in with 32 tracks, or even unlimited tracks. Computers do this all the time. Although there is a 16 channel limit to MIDI I thought there is no limit to the tracks in a Type 1 SMF? Could be wrong, there, though...

It seems an awfully convoluted way to do things, when every sequencer program out there has no problem with 32 tracks and much more...

OTOH, who is doing full orchestral production on an arranger using the built in sequencer? Just about everyone that does that seriously has a computer DAW/sequencer...

#257990 - 02/26/09 04:22 PM Re: Leezone's AUDYA Review...
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
There's also the fact that when you crossfade between songs you HAVE to have the capability to have 2 sequences going at the same time - naturally. Who knows when you want to crossfade songs and throw in a sample or three as well.

I'm very excited that the Audya has this, because, to my knowledge, no other arranger save the Korg PA1x/PA2x/800 has this ability. It really was a deal breaker/maker function for me.

All this power and multitasking ability makes the Audya a REAL contender in my eyes.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online