SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#257975 - 02/25/09 11:08 AM Re: Leezone's AUDYA Review...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Like I said previously, I hope they succeed with the Audya too Donny.

I suppose these "reviews" that we're hearing should be taken with a grain of salt, nevertheless, it still sends kind of a chill up my spine (instead of the proverbial "thrill up my leg" ), if you know what I mean.

I have no doubt that Ketron has made many good products in the past.. in the past.. in the past.. in the past. Do I hear an echo in here? The present is what we are faced with and the future is not a guaranteed proposition by any means. Just look out your proverbial window at all the companies that are currently going belly up as we speak. We can hope and expect for the best but should be prepared just in case, right Donny? Ketron, being a relatively small company compared to Yamaha or Roland, etc., needs to continue to make products that consumers will buy - and do it on a consistent basis and in relatively large numbers. OR, as the saying goes: adios muchachos.

I hope they survive and thrive as a company of course. But I'm troubled by the loooonnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggg Audya delay, the high price tag forthcoming for the "privilege" - by the way, I use that term lightly - of owning the Audya, and the negative reports that are trickling in from synth zone members (amongst others) around the internet who have personally played or own it. And when I saw GEM, which was another relatively small company - kick the bucket, I have some trepidation towards Ketron who is in that same league as GEM as far as company size goes; and maybe in sales too for that matter.

Sure, you can be a fan boy and shell out whatever it takes and get an Audya but personally, I would rather judge the keyboard by its true worth and make my decision based upon facts and reality and based on my own specific needs; instead of buying into the hype for hype's sake or knowing that you have the latest model or gadget to hit the market so you can boast in that vein, etc. Newest does NOT always mean "best" or better, if you know what I mean. As an example, take the Tyros2 vs. Tyros3 for instance? lol.. >> I'm sure I ruffled Ian's feathers with that statement no doubt. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img] Oh well, he'll get over it... maybe. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/biggrin.gif[/img]

But I will withhold my final judgment on the Audya until I can gather more information and hear from other reports that start to filter in from respected sources. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img] If the Audya ever gets reviewed from the likes of Sound On Sound or Keyboard magazine you can likely "bank" on their forthcoming prognosis as a reliable indicator of the Audya's real true worth. >> That's not by any means to say that leezone or mrdave, etc. are not valued for their opinions though, because they are. And I, for one, appreciate their open and honest opinions regarding this beast (or "so" called beast [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/wink.gif[/img]) and commend them for speaking from their hearts and being upfront and direct with us. [img]http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/smile.gif[/img]

All the best,
Mike

#257976 - 02/25/09 11:26 AM Re: Leezone's AUDYA Review...
leezone Offline

Hello Nedim,

one question for you,

are you saying the AUDYA's build quality is better than let's say a Roland G-70 ???

as you know i own a G-70,
the keybed is THE BEST of any arranger,
the buttons are THE BEST of any arranger,
the sliders are THE BEST of any arranger.

I would not say this is an opinion but a FACT, as i think 99% of those who have seen or played both the G-70 and AUDYA would agree

but i know YOU may disagree :-)

#257977 - 02/25/09 11:28 AM Re: Leezone's AUDYA Review...
leezone Offline

oh and i forgot to compare the touchscreen, or screen in general :-)

that's it as far as build quality

#257978 - 02/25/09 11:31 AM Re: Leezone's AUDYA Review...
leezone Offline

just like to add that even though there were things i disliked about AUDYA (as is on ANY keyboard i own), there WAS lots of things i liked...

"In a nutshell, what I loved:
the Drums, the LIVE “in your face” sound, Live Audio Bass and Electric Guitar loops, the styles in general, flexibility in sound routing, bread and butter sounds."

so my review was JUST my opinion and was in no way meant to "knock" or "belittle" the AUDYA.

you guys will have to try it yourselves and judge for yourselves, if ever available in your neck of the woods that is....

be well

#257979 - 02/25/09 11:37 AM Re: Leezone's AUDYA Review...
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Keybplayer

I have to say that first and foremost I respect Lee’s, Don Mason, Frankv & others reviews but that’s their opinions. DonM posted a review from the Solton Club forum and they’re review was different from Lee’s. Everyone tastes are ALL DIFFERENT. So its not that Lee is wrong or Don is wrong, it’s how they would apply the keyboard for their needs and in some cases it works out and other cases it doesn’t

What the really off the mark is that people post reviews for products they have never seen, touched, used or owned, like you.

I have owned many if not almost all of Ketron’s products in the past and I never had problems with them. Not that I’m a fan boy because I now own a Yamaha. I will only judge a keyboard once I’ve gone through it completely, by playing, hearing live, etc.

I’ll be sure to take your review, once you get your hands on one, with a grain of salt.

All the best,

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 02-25-2009).]

#257980 - 02/25/09 11:50 AM Re: Leezone's AUDYA Review...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Newest does NOT always mean "best" or better, if you know what I mean. As an example, take the Tyros2 vs. Tyros3 for instance? lol.. >> I'm sure I ruffled Ian's feathers with that statement no doubt. Oh well, he'll get over it... maybe.

Don't flatter yourself, Michael, not a ruffled feather here...your wayward and sometimes provocative posts always give me a chuckle.

I see you are still embracing your inner pessimism as tightly as ever...well, at least you're consistent.

I'm sure Nedim and AJ have you figured out by now, and will consider the source and act accordingly.

Carry on.

Ian

#257981 - 02/25/09 12:45 PM Re: Leezone's AUDYA Review...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Lee, i think i didnt choke you enough...

#257982 - 02/25/09 12:48 PM Re: Leezone's AUDYA Review...
leezone Offline

probably not Nedim,

but like i said there are positives and negatives when reviewing ANY keyboard ANY arranger, and ANYTHING in general,

you just hope the positives outweigh the negatives :-)

#257983 - 02/25/09 12:50 PM Re: Leezone's AUDYA Review...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by hellboy44:
Leezone, can you go into more detail regarding SMF playback?

Specifically search functions to try and find a specific song?
Also, I read that the Audya has it's own Crossfade feature like the Korg PA series.
Did you try that at all, and if so, how was it?

I dont know much about the SEARCH function but i know for a fact for the Playback,
actuallyon one ocassion i messed with it in private i mean at Ketron Labs. Yes, it does
FADES like Korg and even more cuz here more files can be played at once, like
Styles, SMF, MJ Loop, Key Tune, all in sync and all being Faded in and out.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 02-25-2009).]

#257984 - 02/25/09 04:21 PM Re: Leezone's AUDYA Review...
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Thanks Nedim.

I think what many people seem to overlook about the Audya - or at LEAST it's rarely mentioned - is it's ability to multitask so extensively.

Playing an SMF (2 at once if you want) AND .Wav's AND MP3's AND Audio Loops/Styles all at once (or so I have read, correct me if I'm wrong here) is a "next generation step forward". You won't often need to play EVERYTHING together for sure, but it's nice to know the capability is there, and gives a clear indication of how much potential power is in this Machine.

I for one welcome it.

More importantly, I'll wait to demo one personally for a few hours before I make any judgement.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online