SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#257949 - 02/24/09 01:18 PM Audya review from Yahoo Solton Club
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I copied this, in case anyone is interested.

Hi to all.

Yesterday I attended, as did many others, the Audya workshop run by AJ at Mr. Sound in Brooklyn, New York. To get right to the point, the Audya is awsome. The voices are the best yet in any Ketron. The colors on the screen are helpful and very nice to look at and are user changeable.
The new styles (patterns) are superb.
The velocity sensitivity is great and does amazing things with the live musicians who must live inside the unit. Realisticaly, they had live musicians in a studio play, drums, guitar, bass and had them miked at different distances and angles to get every nuance of their playing. Depending on how you are playing-more layed back and softer or more agressive and harder, the live insturments will change thier patterns of play to follow what you, the live musician are doing. The audiance might not discern this, but you will hear these changes and appreciate them more and more each time you play.
The vocalizer is cool.
The action of the keys is very good.
There are loads of styles and voices. The hard drive is currently 80 gig with much larger drives coming down the pike and even a terra bite drive in the future.
There are six stereo outputs which can be used as twelve mono outputs if you use a stereo to two mono cable. You can therefore using the pan functions send to an external sound board many different instruments or parts of the drum set.

Instead of the old 1 touch list of voices, you can have an unlimited number of pages of this type of list. Each time pressing one button will give you the next ten of the factory chosen voices or the ones you have changed them to.

Ron Crites was at the workshop doing a demo of the xd-3 with his Casio midi guitar. He is some fine picker. I hope to see him soon on a Tuesday night playing in Trenton, New Jersey.

A few of the guys that came were keyboard players. A few were midi accordionists like myself. I think we were all duly impressed.

According to Ted of CMC, the units should start to arrive on our shores in about two weeks. The one being shown was not quite complete yet. One of the few things that needed to be finished were names for some of the styles being made by AJ.

The food was super quality kosher food. There were tons of designer cookies, coffee tea, smoothies, cakes, and a buffet to rival those at the best parties.

Thanks to Ted, his brother, and the folks at Mr. Sound for a great time. And of course, thanks to AJ who has been so very helpful to so many of us. He was even answering questions on how to better use my x-4 and midjay, my computer and monitor. If you missed it, try to go to one in your area.
Mel

DonM

#257950 - 02/24/09 04:21 PM Re: Audya review from Yahoo Solton Club
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Thanks Don for posting the review and thank you to the person for the review. It just shows that people have different tastes, likes, dislikes. Hoping to hear more from other people.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online