SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#257942 - 02/24/09 11:56 AM Korg question (Audya feature)
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I was at the Mr. Sound Audya demonstration this past Sunday and was impressed with a feature on the Audya called "Keytunes". This allows you to bring up a prerecorded audio sample from Harddisk immediately with no lag time.

I think the possibilities for these are huge, for example, I could prerecord hundreds of lengthy samples of live instruments playing solos, and bring them up in real time as I'm playing a style.

Can Korg do this? (Yamaha cannot). It would need to stream from HARDDISK/ NOT from RAM.

#257943 - 02/24/09 12:07 PM Re: Korg question (Audya feature)
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Are you saying you wish to record yourself playing a “Real World” instrument and trigger that off the HDD during a performance ?. If so the answer is no and I highly doubt that there are many people would use such a feature.

You can trigger back solos or any thing midi based you played on the keyboard though and have them assigned to pads. They will even change key if you want to use the same performance in a different song.

You play the chords, and the midi notes are generated accordingly.

Regards.
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 02-24-2009).]

#257944 - 02/24/09 12:38 PM Re: Korg question (Audya feature)
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Hi Choni, ehehehe...no Korg cant do that.
It can trigger 4 things with Pads but out of
tempo, while on the Audya can be triggered with
each key, in tempo and also it can be asigned
to variations too, KeyTunes is one of the new
things on Audya that nothing else does it yet.

#257945 - 02/24/09 02:59 PM Re: Korg question (Audya feature)
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Nedim are you sure sequences/riffs triggered from the pads on the PA2X cannot be synchronised with the style ???? They can on the PA1X so i doubt this feature would not exist on the PA2X. ( i am not talking about Audio samples but midi phrases)

#257946 - 02/24/09 03:19 PM Re: Korg question (Audya feature)
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
I could prerecord hundreds of lengthy samples of live instruments playing solos, and bring them up in real time as I'm playing a style.

With all due respect, Chony (and I know you're a good musician), wouldn't that be just the next step of getting away from 'live' playing. I mean, hit a button (tab, pad, whatever) and some pre-recorded sax solo done on a real sax comes in, wows the people, and you nod to your audience as they give you a standing ovation. If you think musicians don't respect arranger players NOW, wait until THAT feature comes into widespread use. Ummmm, I think I'd rather sing over top of a CD.

In the words of that right-wing nutcase, Bill O'Reily, "DO IT LIVE".

chas

#257947 - 02/24/09 03:37 PM Re: Korg question (Audya feature)
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I agree with Cgiles on this one and Spalding, yes you can but on the Audya is a way new and
different world, it just works way different. The same loop can be assigned to ellements, it
is triggered by Keys and many other things.

#257948 - 02/24/09 04:10 PM Re: Korg question (Audya feature)
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Hi Choni, ehehehe...no Korg cant do that.
It can trigger 4 things with Pads but out of
tempo,

Hi Nedim.

Sorry but that's not the right.

They can be programmed to trigger off the sequences in different ways. Which include tempo lock and responding to the chord your playing.

Regards
James.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online