SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#257910 - 02/24/09 12:42 PM Re: Roland V-Piano VS Pianoteq 3
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi James

With the Wersi OAS system, (Still the best interface at making the computer almost totally invisible to the user) you only need to use the Windows interface when first loading the VST instrument software.
Once loaded then everything is done from within the OAS system, (The Wersi VST Host is based on Vstack) and depending on what setups you choose, it can load the plug-ins at start-up, or when you choose a preset.
As an example
Each sound button can store up to 45 different sounds which are selectable from the screen, (These sounds can be internal, external Midi and/or VST etc) consequently you can select any sound from anywhere just as you would an internal sound on a Roland, Yamaha, Korg etc. (If you don’t want to use a main sound button, up to 9 sounds can be loaded per layer per preset)
You can also store the mapping in the preset. (You may not want the same 45 sounds per sound button for all the presets)
The same applies to the accompaniment section, (Operates the same as sounds) and can mix and match Styles, Midi, Video, Wav and Mp3. (Any instrument loaded can be used in the Styles and Midi)

From the information on the Lionstracs site, their version is not as integrated as the Wersi OAS, but compared to using an external computer, (With all the setting up, and cables all over the place) it’s a piece of cake.
Hope this helps put your mind at rest.

Regards

Bill

#257911 - 02/24/09 07:33 PM Re: Roland V-Piano VS Pianoteq 3
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
the MS still remain unique worldwide.

Now will reply Diki for sure...

Well, you asked for it.

Unique in being the only keyboard out for over three years now without a TRACE of decent factory or user music written on it. Quite an achievement...

No shortage of screenshots though. I really dug the beat on that last one. A sure fire hit!

#257912 - 02/25/09 05:09 AM Re: Roland V-Piano VS Pianoteq 3
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Quote:
Unique in being the only keyboard out for over three years now without a TRACE of decent factory or user music written on it. Quite an achievement...

While that is extremely unusual, I'm not sure anyone could question the ability of the Meidastation to be able to do that. It is after all a platform you can run any commercial software on.

If they give me one for free, I'd gladly look after all their demo's.

It cannot sound anything but fantastic when you run the right software on it.

Regards.
James.

#257913 - 02/25/09 05:59 AM Re: Roland V-Piano VS Pianoteq 3
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Correct.., it is very odd that given what the MS really is and its given platform that you don't find really good audio and video demos of this keyboard.

I honestly don't think ANYONE here truely doubts that the MS is capable of producing some very good music considering what all you can load into this thing.., problem is that we're just not seeing or hearing too many people doing it.

I don't know what's holding people back either. Is it fear of being judge on playing skils or something..., I just don't know. It would be great to just hear a STOCK MediaStation without all the user added programs. Just to hear this keyboard with the apps that come standard (including the MS soundset created by Dom's team)

We already know the styles aren't up to par with the major three, but it would be great to hear someone using this thing out of the box.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#257914 - 02/25/09 11:40 AM Re: Roland V-Piano VS Pianoteq 3
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
If they give me one for free, I'd gladly look after all their demo's.
Regards.
James.

What is it with people asking for a free one?

You are the second person to try and get one for free, also by stating YOU can produce great demos and showcase the Media Station.

Why don't you just buy one instead, and THEN do that!

Dennis

#257915 - 02/25/09 12:09 PM Re: Roland V-Piano VS Pianoteq 3
squeak_D Offline

Miden.., people are simply saying they're willing to do some work for Dom in posting quality demos and rather than go through the hassle of "figures" in terms of money.., use an MS as compenstation

Perhaps Dom can work something out with someone.., somewhere who can post good quality demos that not only can be shown here..., on YouTube.., but for Dom to even use for promotional purposes.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#257916 - 02/25/09 12:17 PM Re: Roland V-Piano VS Pianoteq 3
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
I don't know what's holding people back either. Is it fear of being judge on playing skils or something..., I just don't know. It would be great to just hear a STOCK MediaStation without all the user added programs. Just to hear this keyboard with the apps that come standard (including the MS soundset created by Dom's team)

I do not think it has anything to do with skills, having them or the lack of them.

Just look through the many, many posts of negativity (a lot have covert negativity, but it's still there) about the Media Station.

Also look at how certain members treat someone who does try to post and you might gain an insight into this problem.

Sometimes I get the feeling it is all about "massaging" the egos of these people, so they get to feel superior to someone else.

As though they have doubts about their ability and need to hear someone not as good as them to bolster their self-esteem.

Maybe that't too deep, and I am over-reading it.

Who knows.

All I can say is that that is the "impression" I get from some posts.

Especially when it's a theme repeated over and over and over again.

I think it is this reason in the main, that there are hardly any posts (and the fact that this forum does not have the posting capability does not help....NOT a criticism Nigel, just an observation).

Take a look at the Yamaha forums and there are hundreds of musical posts, why is that?

There are posts of songs also on quite a few of the Yahoo member groups too.

So what is it about THIS forum that makes people feel that they couldn't be bothered?

I could make some suggestions, but that would possibly bring on yet another debate of which I would want no part.

Is it an American trait, that everyone HAS to prove themselves? I know that "competition" is endemic in the American ethos, but why do people HAVE to prove themselves. And why are they condemned if they do not?

In my view, having the ability to play well and sing well, or not having it, does NOT invalidate a person's experience or opinion.

A suggestion, or criticism (constructive) does NOT need the poster to supply proof of his/her musical ability, before it is taken seriously.

The outright dismissal of someones opinion, based totally on either an inability, or unwillingness to post examples of them playing is ridiculous.

Why people cannot give the benefit of the doubt to fellow forum members, WITHOUT having to pass some cock-eyed "proof" test is beyond me.

Those who criticise other peoples music, should seriously take a look at what THEY are producing before casting stones.

So Squeak, I think you need to look at "attitudes" on this forum to find the answer to that question of why there aren't more member performances.

BUT, you will need a very long ladder to reach the top of the towers.

Dennis

PS: If you are interested, I may be doing some demos of exactly that, the sounds of the VST's available on the MS used in songs. Perhaps a couple of modified styles as well?.

But it WON'T be on this forum. I will advise when done and where they can be found. Those interested can then check it out, those who are not can please themselves.

#257917 - 02/25/09 12:19 PM Re: Roland V-Piano VS Pianoteq 3
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Miden.., people are simply saying they're willing to do some work for Dom in posting quality demos and rather than go through the hassle of "figures" in terms of money.., use an MS as compenstation

Sorry Squeak, but I am not as magnanimous of spirit as you, and I tend to take a more cynical view of these requests.

I certainly would not pay someone 2700 Euros (around $5200 in our money) for a few demos.

Dennis

#257918 - 02/25/09 12:31 PM Re: Roland V-Piano VS Pianoteq 3
squeak_D Offline

I disagree Dennis..., it would depend on the quality of videos the person can create for Dom. If a person on this forum is capable of producing high quality and well edited vids showcasing this keyboard I'm sure it's at least worth a MS (considering Dom would be providing an MS to that person based on his actual production cost). Simply look at it as a business expense.

The hours and time put into making high quality video demos can rack up and FAST... A good deal of time alone can be spent in editing.

#257919 - 02/25/09 12:37 PM Re: Roland V-Piano VS Pianoteq 3
miden Offline

Okay, my bad Squeak.

I was assuming you meant a handful of audio demos, not several fully produced videos. They could be worth an "at cost" version of the MS.

And further, if these people can also produce say a one or two hour instrcutional video that would also be something to consider.

Dennis

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online