SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#25778 - 01/30/02 09:01 AM Re: Blah...
stillme Offline

Loc: Michigan/US
The only problem is we all have kids and they just about trashed my house last time they were over. We're sitting there trying to concentrate on jamming, and the kids are running around the house screaming, making noise, throwing stuff around. It took my son over an hour to clean up the basement after they left. I went down to get the clean clothes out of the dryer and found two empty pop cans thrown in with my clothes. I was pissed. Plus they tried to burn the house down. My husband went down there and found all the kids with a box of matches, each taking turns lighting them.

-Tracey

[This message has been edited by stillme (edited 01-30-2002).]

#25779 - 01/30/02 11:23 AM Re: Blah...
ditroia Offline

Loc: PA
WOW!! I hope your Xp is insured (just kidding). Kids can drive ya nuts sometimes.

#25780 - 03/08/02 11:10 AM Re: Blah...
Dr.Oscillator Offline

Loc: Norwich, Uk
I have read a few responses and guys....cheer up! Everyone goes through this phase, its part and parcel of the creative process, you would never write a piece of music you thought was good unless you'd experienced writing crap ones in the same way as you would never thought you played well unless you had an off day...its all relative. One problem I find with synth owners is that they get bored of their sounds pretty quickly because they concerntrate too much on the actual sound rather than the idea. I am a classically trined piano player and i have never got bored with the way it sounds.
I think that when you are going through a bad patch playing with other musicians is a great way of gaining ideas. I play in a funk/jazz group and a session the other month although crap, inspired me to write an ampbiant chill out song which has had much interest from various British record labels.
Don't let your technical ability get you down...I know every scale in the book but from the sounds of it alot of you guys are far more creative than I'll ever be. The key is to use your flare and the better you get the more you will be able to exploit your initial talent!!!

#25781 - 03/14/02 06:35 AM Re: Blah...
stillme Offline

Loc: Michigan/US
Well,
I got my inspiration back for a little while, then lost it again. My piano broke the other day when I was really getting into playing it. The pin on the sustain pedal just snapped. That, and I finally got the floppy drive back for my XP, and discovered that the guy either 1, sent me back mine in worse shape than it started out in or 2, sent me another broke one. He was supposed to send me a brand new one. So much for customer service. So I'm waiting for a new one that I ordered directly from Roland.
I got kind of depressed and discouraged for a few weeks there and didn't play at all. Now I'm getting back into it the past few days. It just made me mad that I was finally getting back into playing and then the piano just breaks.

-Tracey

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online