SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#25768 - 01/25/02 10:25 AM Re: Blah...
stillme Offline

Loc: Michigan/US
"I wish you the best at getting out off the Block you're in, We've all been there Tracey." -Dave

Thanks Dave! I'm positive that I will now. You've all given me some great ideas! I love this forum!!

#25769 - 01/25/02 10:55 AM Re: Blah...
Stalker Offline

Loc: Germany
One more thing:
Just hear to the music in the radio and You are feeling better. Your music can't be worse

#25770 - 01/25/02 12:17 PM Re: Blah...
ditroia Offline

Loc: PA
Amen that stalker!!

#25771 - 01/25/02 02:55 PM Re: Blah...
stillme Offline

You do have a point, Stalker.

#25772 - 01/28/02 07:35 PM Re: Blah...
stillme Offline

Hey,
I got my inspiration back. I spent the weekend learning John Lennon - Imagine. I've also been learning Stairway to Heaven (as cliche as that may seem, at least it's on piano and not a guitar). Thanks for your help again. I'm rejuvinated.
Anyone else do anything different this weekend?

-Tracey

[This message has been edited by stillme (edited 01-28-2002).]

#25773 - 01/28/02 07:47 PM Re: Blah...
ditroia Offline

That's great Tracey. I did something kinda different today. I had my first rehearsal for a production of Jesus Christ Superstar. I am one of 3 keyboard players. I'm handling most of the orchestrations. A first experience for me and a great challenge. My Fantom comes Wednesday.Anyone have one yet?

#25774 - 01/28/02 11:09 PM Re: Blah...
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
I did some recording with my dad and brother this weekend. Dad got all inspired this past week. The family band did quite a bit of recording years ago. We've put out 6 albums, playing locally. Anyway, once my sisters married and I went to college and started my own career, the family operation kind of stopped. Oh, we do a few gigs a year, my dad, brother, and I, but not all that much. Anyway, my dad got in the mood to start working on another CD. This will be the first real recording he's been on since '89 or 90. It was really fun to lay down a few tracks again with him and my brother. I guess we're going to just go at it as we have time. This weekend was the first, and the next will be mid February. It's going to be a good time I think.

#25775 - 01/29/02 05:32 AM Re: Blah...
ditroia Offline

That's really cool. I come from a musical family too. My father is a amazing guitar player. His name is Sal DiTroia. He was one of the top New York and Los Angeles session players back in the 70's and early 80's. He does projects here and there. My brothers also play. And my grandfather. I've been fortunated enough to have a lot of support growing up.

#25776 - 01/29/02 06:54 AM Re: Blah...
stillme Offline

I'm hoping maybe my kids will grow up and become interested in playing an instrument so I can teach them, and maybe we can have a little family band as well. That would be real cool! We've always been kind of a musical family as well. My older brothers always had a band set up in the basement and would practice all the time. One brother is a singer, the other a guitar player with some drum experience. My mom used to teach me little songs on the piano that she learned as a child. But mostly my brothers got me into doing music. Actually, my brother Mark put out a Christian cd. He had five hundred or a thousand, can't remember which, made and sold them. He did all the instruments in it. Drums, guitar, singing...a little synth. He's been my biggest inspiration. His cd is great, too. It's not a typical christian cd...it is really fun and interesting to listen to. It's mostly rock based.

It's fun playing with other keyboardists, Ditroia. Sounds like you're having a good time. I don't get to play with others much...but very recently me and my fellow musicians got together and decided that we were going to get our equipment together twice a month, once every other weekend, and practice. So we have a drum expert who also has an XP, a guitarist, and a keyboardist (me) with my own XP. Maybe I'll get enough guts someday to actually sing.

-Tracey

[This message has been edited by stillme (edited 01-29-2002).]

#25777 - 01/30/02 05:23 AM Re: Blah...
ditroia Offline

It is alot of fun but alot of work. I definetly have to start getting together and jamming just for fun again. Everything I do anymore is for some project. Good luck with your friends. There is some great music education software out there for kids. Do a search for music education software.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online