SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#257156 - 02/24/09 02:40 AM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But there has GOT to be a fundamental difference between putting someone's equipment down, and just plain putting THEM down...

I guess I keep forgetting just how emotionally attached some people can get to a piece of gear that they are going to happily sell in a couple of years and buy something else!

#257157 - 02/24/09 02:49 AM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Are you putting yourself in that category with your G70 Diki?

Dennis

PS: I meant from the emotional attachment viewpoint, not the sellig in a couple of years

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 02-24-2009).]

#257158 - 02/24/09 03:24 AM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Dennis, do you know the number of times my poor little G70 has been slammed on this forum?

Do you ever recall me turning round and attacking the poster personally (unless personally insulted myself)? Or do I merely stick to talking about the G70? Sure, I can be a bit sarcastic from time to time. But is that the same as simply calling the poster some of that vitriol from the Cubase thread, or even some of the personal knocks I've taken here out of the blue...?

Because, if it IS, heaven help us all...

There IS a huge difference between 'passive' aggressiveness and the real thing. If the radical Muslims were passively aggressive, the Towers would still be standing It's when people don't CARE about the difference that bad things happen. I refuse to believe that anyone on this forum is so uneducated they don't KNOW the difference between a personal attack and lively debate. But it is apparent that some simply do not care...

#257159 - 02/24/09 04:13 AM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
lets see.....

2 bases....4 poles, 2 subs, 8 separate zippered covers...& so that's 16 pieces plus sub & power cables.....add it all up "just for your PA?" if your a daily & nightly gigging player at different venues I would think this out.
[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-20-2009).]

`

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 02-24-2009).]

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 02-24-2009).]

#257160 - 02/24/09 06:04 AM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Dennis, do you know the number of times my poor little G70 has been slammed on this forum?

Do you ever recall me turning round and attacking the poster personally (unless personally insulted myself)? Or do I merely stick to talking about the G70? Sure, I can be a bit sarcastic from time to time. But is that the same as simply calling the poster some of that vitriol from the Cubase thread, or even some of the personal knocks I've taken here out of the blue...?

Because, if it IS, heaven help us all...

There IS a huge difference between 'passive' aggressiveness and the real thing. If the radical Muslims were passively aggressive, the Towers would still be standing It's when people don't CARE about the difference that bad things happen. I refuse to believe that anyone on this forum is so uneducated they don't KNOW the difference between a personal attack and lively debate. But it is apparent that some simply do not care...

Diki, I would've thought that Gary's (possible) leaving would've given you pause for thought enough to leave this alone for now.
I also think what Nigel just posted was a point well said.

If I was drinking Coffee at the time I read:
"Sure, I can be a bit sarcastic from time to time."
I assure you it would've been spurted all over my Computer Monitor in laughter.

Passive aggressiveness, be it in tone, words, or deeds, still comes from the same place as overt aggressiveness, it just manifests itself differently. A friendship, or Marriage, or ANY relationship (be it two people, or a group of people, e.g. a family) can still be poisoned just as surely by a consistent and persistent attitude or tone, as well as by a malicious or deadly physical act - and often it is more torturous in it's own way - as it usually takes much longer.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#257161 - 02/24/09 06:14 AM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
Dnj Offline

What doe& all this crap have to do with a Tyros 3 & a bose pas?

#257162 - 02/24/09 08:21 AM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Sorry Gary, but I won't be checking in at that Yamaha site...If there is something you want to tell me,,you will have to call me...

#257163 - 02/24/09 11:10 AM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Do you ever recall me turning round and attacking the poster personally (unless personally insulted myself)?

No I don't, and I don't think you would either.

Dennis

#257164 - 02/24/09 12:02 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I fear for some of these delicate little flowers who can't take a bit of knockabout on a forum. The internet is no place for them.

#257165 - 02/24/09 12:48 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
It's not the "delicate little flowers" we should be concerned about....it's the noxious weeds that seem to suddenly pop up as soon as they've gone.

Let us spray...

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 02-24-2009).]

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online