SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#257146 - 02/22/09 05:24 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
Dnj Offline

#257147 - 02/23/09 12:57 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
IMHO,
There is way too many personal attacks here! It's only a few, but always the same ones. Thanbks God we do not have that crap on the Korg PA forum. It's a very friendly place.

Opposing opinions, stating your position is OK to me, but personal attacks & fussing is counterproductive.

It's a great forum, I enjoy it and value what I learn here...but, some folks need to be sent to the corner by the teacher.

IAN WELCOME BACK! So glad the surgery went ok.

Lee S.

#257148 - 02/23/09 01:18 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
IMHO,
IAN WELCOME BACK! So glad the surgery went ok.

Lee S.

Thanks very much for the kind words, Lee...I'm doing very well, and getting in more playing time with each passing day.

Ian the Grateful

#257149 - 02/23/09 03:11 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
There are some other quite important forums I will no longer go to and participate any more... Steinberg's Cubase forum is one of many. They make this place look like a seminary! Check out this one... http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=112312

On the whole, we've got it pretty good. It's just that a few people need to understand that arguing against their personal choice of equipment is NOT the same as calling them an "indescribable fartknocker", "a total and utter clown" and "If you stumble in, ranting about some crap in your screaming mongspeak then you're going to get treated like a moron", and shouldn't be used as an excuse to become bitter and personal in reply.

Reasonable people can agree to argue reasonably... but do we want to devolve into THIS

#257150 - 02/23/09 03:27 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Diki, personal attacks and verbal aggression come in many forms, not just overt or obvious, but also implied or passive - as you have just proven with your above post.

What I said about you has obviously hit home, as you wrote some "pretty choice words" in reply to me, hence the removal of your posts as well as mine.

ALL of us can be obviously angry/hurt/proud and say things around here that shouldn't (or sometimes should!) be said. It's not just one or two, or continually the same ones. There are more "verbal" or "fiery" members of this forum that get more attention then some, but the same potential is simmering away just under the surface of all members - we wouldn't be human if that wasn't the case.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#257151 - 02/23/09 04:14 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
But that's the whole point. We do NOT agree with each other... much of the time!

But isn't there a way to do it without DIRECT attack? Have we GOT to tread on eggshells for fear of someone flaming us? I have no intention of doing so, for one...

Bottom line is, usually, the flamer comes off as the bigger wanker, and it's not exactly keeping me up at night..

But really, do we HAVE to go down that route? If we are capable of polite face to face communication, how come we can't manage it in print?

#257152 - 02/23/09 04:21 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
hellboy44 Offline

Yes, there IS a way to do it without direct attack - and it's happening on this forum (and most others) all the time. That's the Passive aggressiveness I was referring to in my previous post.

The answer?

There is none - hence my last line:

"- we wouldn't be human if that wasn't the case."

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#257153 - 02/23/09 04:22 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
hellboy44 Offline

Oh btw, that thread in the Cubase forum is (one of) the worst I've ever read!

If anyone on these boards wants to feel better about themselves as a person - man - read THAT thread!

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#257154 - 02/23/09 05:18 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
zuki Offline

Hey Gary,

Don't you dare drop out, that's an order! I think we should have a jam on your boat

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#257155 - 02/24/09 01:28 AM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Thanks God we do not have that crap on the Korg PA forum. It's a very friendly place.

There is much less chance of arguements and posturing arising on forums where everyone uses the same board. There is already a common understanding and agreement on many features.

It's much different when users promote their personal choice of gear and sometimes even put down the choices of others.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online