SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#257135 - 02/21/09 05:29 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by kla4:
After reading the posts it's clear to me :
Some members have no respect at all for other members and this makes me feel sad, VERY sad. Once this forum was a 'home' for me, but this is not the case anymore.

Goodbye

I agree. I've learned a lot from nearly everyone that frequented this forum, I've met several members in person, enjoyed their music, and over these many years I've been able to help as many of them as they've helped me. I'll look in from time to time, but for the most part I'll spend more time working on my boat, getting ready for the sailing season, and playing music. For those that need to get in touch with me, you have my email address.

Goodbye,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 02-21-2009).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#257136 - 02/21/09 08:41 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Just played my first keyboard gig (S900)through my Bose Model II. Didn't care for the sound except for the clean bass. Much prefer my two Roland amps, along with a small sub. However, the Bose is great on solo gigs on guitar. It's nice to have options, depending on the gig and instruments played.

#257137 - 02/21/09 08:47 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by J. Larry:
Just played my first keyboard gig (S900)through my Bose Model II. Didn't care for the sound except for the clean bass. Much prefer my two Roland amps, along with a small sub. However, the Bose is great on solo gigs on guitar. It's nice to have options, depending on the gig and instruments played.

Congrats on your first gig hope it went well for you?.....do you think MONO phase cancelation was the culprit on why you didn/t enjoy the sound on the bose....or?

#257138 - 02/22/09 08:53 AM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Saddens me when Gary (of all people) says goodbye and no one seems to give a damn.
Sad.

Gary, I would like to think that you will reconsider. Your presence here has made this forum much more civilized than it would be otherwise.

Happy sailing!

#257139 - 02/22/09 09:00 AM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Well put Trident - I wonder how many others feel the same as Gary.

hammer

#257140 - 02/22/09 09:21 AM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have thought many times about leaving this forum completely, for the same reasons.
However, I refuse to let a couple of guys with bad attitudes run me off, after I've been here since the inception.
Normally, I choose just to ignore what they say and try to stay positive.
As for the subject of this thread, once again the people who don't have a Bose system are lambasting it, and the ones who do have one love it.
If you want my opinions use the Search feature. I'm not going to say the same things over, and over, and over and . . . well you get the point.
DonM

#257141 - 02/22/09 02:42 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
**I've Just read the last few posts - been busy gigging etc**

Gary, if it means anything coming from me (and it probably doesn't) I too, am sorry to see you go.

If it's something I've said in this Thread, then - to YOU - I unreservedly apologise.

Please reconsider.

Cheers.

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#257142 - 02/22/09 03:11 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
On the subject of Gary leaving, that is a loss for sure. The good news is I know another forum where Gary spends time, you can bet I'll look for his helpful advice there.

I'm at a loss why people don't seem to respect each other.
Life is too short to get into contests, there's enough of that outside in the real world where I spend 9 to 10 hours each day called my office.

This forum is a place where I come to relax, enjoy and learn a few things from seasoned pros and amateurs ( and I've learned plenty here and made some good friends in the process too).

I love my Bose L1, s900 and Pa2xPro, they make me happy they make my audiences happy that's all that matters to me.

#257144 - 02/22/09 04:48 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
Dnj Offline

Everyone comes & goes here time after time in a hissy fit....but after a cool down period all is back to normal...no need to worry unless your scott yee just do a hissy fit search here thru the years....& lets not for get when everyone turned & sand blasted me last year also
after all it's all about arranger KB's right?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-22-2009).]

#257145 - 02/22/09 05:15 PM Re: Tyros3 connected to L1 : Amazing!!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
On the subject of Gary leaving, that is a loss for sure. The good news is I know another forum where Gary spends time, you can bet I'll look for his helpful advice there.

I feel the same way...Gary has always been a great help to me on this forum, and fortunately we also converse privately, so I'm glad I will always benefit from his substantial knowledge and many years of "in the trenches" experience.

Thankfully there are other forums where he contributes his time and knowledge...it's just unfortunate that SZ, one of my favorite sites, will lose somebody of his caliber.

The old saying, "win an argument...lose a friend" applies a lot to SZ...I am no less guilty of wanting/needing to win...probably due more to my innate insecurities than actual healthy competitiveness...I do know my pride gets the better of me at times when I know I should just "let it go".

I don't like to see anyone leave the arranger forums...I look back at when I first got on the Internet and the joy I felt at finding a group of people who played the same instrument as I did...who got the same mixed reactions from players of more so called "legitimate" instruments...who dealt with the same issues of competing against DJ's and Karaoke...who actually shared tips on how to use styles more effectively and emulate instruments more realistically.

There seems to be less comradery on SZ than on the manufacturer specific arranger sites...but that's the nature of the beast, I guess, and although there is a vast range of useful knowledge among the members, it has a hard time getting by all the belly bumping.

Instead of sticking together and helping one another in this dwindling (and perhaps sometimes questionable) art form, we behave like a big dysfunctional family, and destroy ourselves from within.

Ian

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online