SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#256909 - 02/18/09 09:16 AM Re: Roland USA Discontinues E80!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tostie:
He's using the internal style "Countdown Rock"

Great now we know.... I forgot these styles from my G70 days. I think I have it somewhere here.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-18-2009).]

#256910 - 02/18/09 09:22 AM Re: Roland USA Discontinues E80!
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I'd wait for Roland newest TOTL G arranger rumored to be out very soon.

I'm not very sure if there will be any new top of the line arranger from
Roland.
Looks like they shut down a lot, no new styles, Midi-Spot out of the Roland
collaborate, E-80 Discontinue. Some bad signs, eh?
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#256911 - 02/18/09 09:27 AM Re: Roland USA Discontinues E80!
Dnj Offline

Keep the faith....save your pennies ...It's coming

#256912 - 02/18/09 09:33 AM Re: Roland USA Discontinues E80!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
With the economy the way it is.., I think Roland is going to focus more on the budget market. The two latest from Roland were the GW-8 and the Prelude. One a budget performers arranger (with limitations of course).., and the other essentially a copy of the GW-8 (minus a few things) for the home player.

This economy is turning to utter crap and it's happening worldwide. Companies have gotta cut back in some areas. Plus arranger sales are so low in the USA compared to the global sales that it wouldn't surprise me if Roland completely put the US on the back burner in terms of arrangers. The RolandUS site alone shows how little Roland really devotes to their arranger line. Just email RolandUS with some deep technical questions about the upper line arrangers and see how eager they are to respond and respond nicely. Ask them anything about the workstations and the techs are tripping over eachother to be the one to answer your questions.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#256913 - 02/18/09 11:11 AM Re: Roland USA Discontinues E80!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
'Here is a link , go-to arranger video , it has a really good demo of the E80 ( as well as others ) > http://www.keyboardmag.tv/index.html?req=1&station=howtoplay '

Thats a great Demo. Thats what happens when someone uses their imagination with a totl arranger keyboard. Sounded very good to me !

heres another one you might have missed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxBFzyJJi8s.

Thats how you make a demo....

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 02-18-2009).]

#256914 - 02/18/09 12:46 PM Re: Roland USA Discontinues E80!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
With the economy the way it is.., I think Roland is going to focus more on the budget market. The two latest from Roland were the GW-8 and the Prelude. One a budget performers arranger (with limitations of course).., and the other essentially a copy of the GW-8 (minus a few things) for the home player.

This economy is turning to utter crap and it's happening worldwide. Companies have gotta cut back in some areas. Plus arranger sales are so low in the USA compared to the global sales that it wouldn't surprise me if Roland completely put the US on the back burner in terms of arrangers. The RolandUS site alone shows how little Roland really devotes to their arranger line. Just email RolandUS with some deep technical questions about the upper line arrangers and see how eager they are to respond and respond nicely. Ask them anything about the workstations and the techs are tripping over eachother to be the one to answer your questions.

Who cares theres way to much gear out there already to make awesome music...what needs to be improved is the people playing it.

#256915 - 02/18/09 04:38 PM Re: Roland USA Discontinues E80!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Amen...

#256916 - 02/18/09 05:54 PM Re: Roland USA Discontinues E80!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
With Roland laying off workers in Italy, I wouldn't be surprised to see them 'offshore' arranger production, same way they have with WS's. China may end up making most of them, even though they may still be designed by the Italian team...

But, as Donny points out, and the rock demo shows, there really isn't that much NEED for a new TOTL arranger from Roland. It already does pretty much what you need, sounds ballsy and live, and can be got for a song (compared to a T3 e.g.).

In these recessionary times, now's the time to get something for the next five years or so... And, unlike Ketron, this thing is a piece of cake to either edit styles, tweak converted styles on, or even create your own. No audio loop stuff to deal with. Just what you are familiar with... editing MIDI. That gives it a fair bit of longevity, IMO. If you HAVE to buy a new arranger just to get new styles ('cos the loops are in ROM), that's a pricey path to go down in the long run.

#256917 - 02/19/09 02:01 PM Re: Roland USA Discontinues E80!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny...You right.
Guilty as charged...but I'm working on it!

Lee

#256918 - 02/20/09 12:58 AM Re: Roland USA Discontinues E80!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree with Diki, that this remains a compelling keyboard, even more so at that price.

As far as I am concerned, no other 'board currently on offer has a user interface that that can compete with Roland's for live/on-the-fly use, which is the way I play. It's still orders of magnitude better designed than the market's newer offerings.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online