SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#256807 - 02/16/09 12:38 PM TC Helicon Support
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
. . . is apparently non-existent.
I have emailed them since last Monday with no reply.
It's too bad a good product receive ZERO support from the company.
I will now go to every sales site and forum I can find and post bad reviews. Maybe the squeaky wheel will get some oil, but I doubt it.
DonM

#256808 - 02/16/09 01:52 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Isn't it amaising, Don? Big companies are making it almost impossible to talk to a real person, and often don't even bother to respond to email reports of problems.

This year, alone, I have called every number I can find for Regions Bank, have NEVER reached a live person and have never gotten a response to my request to find out when/if 1099's have been shipped. The Wall Street Journal is so unorganized that I can't even find out about the status of my subscription or get delivery problems straightened out.

Croton watches....Godin Guitars...the list is endless.

You're right...complaints probably won't help much.

And that's a real shame!

R.

#256809 - 02/16/09 02:00 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Don, I haven't been following very closely but do they have an 800 toll free number and offer support thru that number?

#256810 - 02/16/09 02:13 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
Dnj Offline

Hey they got YOUR money.....now your on your own....that's all they care about.

It's buyer Beware out there !!

Great customer support is as much important as the actual item bought.....think about that when you try to get a cheapie Internet price versus using a good honest Dealer who will help you after the sale in many ways if needed..

#256811 - 02/16/09 02:21 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
Beakybird Offline

Those guys at TC Hellicon are real bozos. But I did get replies from them when I contacted them through the form that's found on the same page as the software update. They even sent me a survey afterwards.

Their latest update is Build 18, but they never updated the text of the website.

Beakybird

#256812 - 02/16/09 03:26 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
DonM Offline

I went through the form on the website, last Monday.
I couldn't find a phone number for them. I will call them if I can. I like the unit; just want it updated so it works better.
I posted reviews on M. Friend, Sweetwater, and Same Day Music. Don't know if they will put them up, since they are mostly negative.
We'll see.
DonM

#256814 - 02/16/09 05:30 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
DonM Offline

Thanks, I'll try it tomorrow.
DonM

#256815 - 02/16/09 06:02 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Don,
If you get through ask for management and tell them the story and what others are also saying. If you don't get satisfaction tell them ( and do it) your going to return the item for a full refund!

It's up to US to get their attention...

Lee S.

#256816 - 02/16/09 07:26 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I actually talked with someone in customer support several months ago. Unfortunately, he knew less about the Harmony M than I did, and I didn't know anything at all because they shipped the wrong owners manual with mine. They promised to send the correct manual back then, which has never arrived. I emailed them on a dozen occasions and still have no owners manual other than the website manual DonM emailed to me.

As for the company size, I don't believe it's a major corporation at all. My guess is it's a fairly small outfit that is operating on a shoestring budget. I have the same opinion of Barbetta after trying to deal with Tony Barbetta. He didn't return phone calls or respond to emails for weeks after I returned a pair of Sona 32CS speakers. Fortunately, I had another system to work with and managed to maintain my performance schedule.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#256817 - 02/16/09 11:32 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
DonM Offline

Gary, that's strange. Back when I had Barbettas, I phoned a couple of times and he answered the phone and was very nice.
Also he just sent HankB a couple of speakers that he intends to put into the Motion Sound amp you unloaded, I mean traded, him to try to make it sound halfway acceptable.
I wish every company had service like Bose and Logitech!
DonM

#256818 - 02/17/09 07:03 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
travlin'easy Offline

Don,

Tony returned my initial phone calls, but after I shipped both units back to him it was as if he could care less if and when they came back to me. At that time I think he may have been on shaky grounds with the company's operation. Hopefully, things have changed since then.

Gary

#256819 - 02/17/09 11:52 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
DonM Offline

http://www.samedaymusic.com/productreview--TCEHARMONYM
So far, M. Friend and Sweetwater have not posted my review. Kudos to Same Day for putting it up.
I phoned the Customer Service number and of course got voice mail. Left a message detailing the problem and asking them to call me. I'm holding my breath now.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 02-17-2009).]

#256820 - 02/17/09 12:35 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
leeboy Offline

Don,
Where did you get the 'M'???

As an example, I buy a lot from Sweetwater. If I had the issue you have...I would call up my REP and get HIM to get TC in gear!

They have tons of pull you and I do not.

Lately n anything..I have been going back to the dealer...that's where the money matters!

Lee

#256821 - 02/17/09 12:44 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
DonM Offline

Lee, I'll have to double-check where I got it, but I think it was from Same Day Music. I think they were the only place I could find it in stock when I needed one.
I just noticed that Digitech has announced a new similar product, the VL3D. http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--DGTVL3D
Evidently it's not available yet.
Oh well, the Harmony M does work as well as ever. It's just the principle. I've wasted too much time with this.
I won't need one anyway when the Audya arrives!
DonM

#256823 - 02/17/09 07:34 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
leeboy Offline

Don,
Well, it looks pretty good...Sweetwater has no arrival date yet...When it comes in I will go there and try one out.

I wander how good the sound is? and I wander how good the pitch correction is...my singing is not so good! At least that's what my dog says! :-) But, at this time I don't play out...so I guess if I want to drive the dog nuts here...it's OK.

Lee

#256824 - 02/17/09 08:09 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by BBBB:
Hey Don. As a Canuck, I'm disappointed that these guys are Canadian out of Vancouver British Columbia. I have been looking at TC Helicon products but this certainly causes me to have 2nd thoughts!!! Keep us posted. Cheers Brian!

Brian to be fair to TC, I should add here, that I have my Harmony M working fine with the new firmware.

I sent the updated firmware (1.8) to 6 other folks (I think it was 6) and Don's is the only one I have heard of since, that has had an issue.

Although to be fair, the others have not posted on THEIR experiences yet .

It did take about two weeks of emails (4 emails in total LOL) but I got a good result, and when he responded the TC guy was quite open and helpful, as was the dealer out here in Australia.

Just wanted to balance the issue, is all. I feel bad that Don cannot for some reason get his unit to update properly.

Actually Don, if you like, I could re-do mine and copy down ALL the midi-ox settings and send them to you?

Although it does seem like you want to move on from the H-M from your comments.

Dennis

#256825 - 02/17/09 09:25 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
DonM Offline

Dennis, I don't really want to change anything, except out of spite. The unit is working just fine and I really wasn't having any problems to start with.
If you will send me all the settings, I'll see what I'm doing wrong.
I just hate to get ignored by the company. It has been eight days and no answer to my email, and of course no return phone call, at least yet. They'll probably call me at 6:00 in the morning and wake me up!
I would be interested to know if the others using the file you sent them had success.
However the fact remains that TC Helicon should be providing the service, not you.
DonM

#256826 - 02/17/09 11:12 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:

However the fact remains that TC Helicon should be providing the service, not you.
DonM

Don, I certainly hear you, and I agree as well. The lack of response from TC is unforgiveable.

Okay, it might take me a day, mebbe two to get it done in amongst my other stuff. So just bear with me, but I will get it done and send the info to you via email, okay?

Cheers,
Dennis

#256828 - 02/18/09 05:33 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
Dnj Offline

A non existent service department could be a way for tc Helicon to save money in bad economic times. Not buying their products is your only recourse, as a recourse there are other alternatives on the market just as good.

#256829 - 02/18/09 06:21 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
leeboy Offline

I have heard from several people that the concensous of opinion is that the TC stuff is better than the Digitech. (sound quality wise as well as function)

What think?

Lee

#256831 - 02/18/09 07:51 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
DonM Offline

TC Helicon finally responded to my email.
They have provided more detailed instructions on the website, with a link under my question.
I suppose it's available to everyone now.
They did apologize for the slow response, saying they have a reduced staff and unusually heavy load.
I'll try the upgrade again when I get the unit home, probably Friday.
At first glance, I don't see anything set up differently than what I was doing, but I will be meticulous in following the directions.
I'll let you know what happens.
Thanks,
DonM

#256832 - 02/18/09 08:06 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
I have heard from several people that the concensous of opinion is that the TC stuff is better than the Digitech. (sound quality wise as well as function)

What think?

Lee

I've used them both I prefer Digitech units.....better sound & easier to operate.

#256833 - 02/18/09 09:13 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
leeboy Offline

SUPPORT UPDATE.....
OK, Don,
I just called TC-Helicon support 1-800-565-2523. I asked why my buddy Don Mason was being ignored!..I was told your inqiry was answered today out of Denmark...with an appology on the delay.

I asked to speak with management about support problems, indicating I was considering buying and had heard complaints! . I was immediately transfered to Wayne Detrick (manager)...he was concerned about the complaint, and also indicated that in January they took over support of TC-Helicon products. He also explained that the e-mail support goes to a big group and who ever is best to answer is to do so. So it make take a day or so.

He suggested calling in to escalate if necessary.

Anyways, I also asked about the products and was told in a couple monthes the new Voice-Live 2 will ship! Lots of new features including a new full choir sound.

I was pretty impressed with the support I got today. So, maybe they are improving!
Don't be afraid to call these companies and ask for high level management.

Lee S.

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 02-18-2009).]

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 02-18-2009).]

#256834 - 02/18/09 10:28 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks for the update Lee. The phone number you posted is different from the one I called three months ago, which may explain why there is no longer an answer at the old one. I'll give them a call later today and see if I get any better results.

Thanks again,

Gary

#256835 - 02/18/09 10:31 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
Dnj Offline

Will they talk you thru the updatye right on the phone? & will they accept send in to do the update also...? also are the new ones sold now have the updated ver?

#256836 - 02/18/09 10:53 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
travlin'easy Offline

Good questions Donny--all of which I will ask them when I call. I followed the update directions and could not get past the first step, which was to determine which OS my Harmony M was using. In fact, following the directions screwed up everything so bad that I ended up doing a master reset, then went about re-entering all my settings to get back to where I was.

Gary

#256837 - 02/18/09 12:51 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
Dnj Offline

Go Get THem Mr Wizard!!!!!!

#256838 - 02/18/09 03:20 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
Beakybird Offline

My Harmony M came with the latest software - which makes me so pissed off, because their website wasn't updated. Both the website and their support gave the informatin that my display should say .7 if I had the latest software, and my display said .8. Their tech support told me that if my display said .8 that I needed to update even though I had the latest software. So I spent all this time trying to download and asking for technical support - all unnecessary. GRRR!

Beakybird

#256839 - 02/18/09 07:51 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
leeboy Offline

Beaky,
I would call Wayne Detrick at the number I posted and tell him, so he understands what he needs to adress. Nice guy. He should know he has some training to do.

Lee

#256840 - 02/18/09 08:05 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
Dnj Offline

With all this updating has anyone really noticed a difference?

#256841 - 02/18/09 08:23 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
miden Offline

Hi Donny...yes I have, with the chord recognition.

Before if anything more than simple triads were played quickly in succession, the harmony notes would glitch and, hmmm, lag? a bit.

After the update that has now stopped and I do not notice any glitches at all.

Plus the tap instead of hold for going out of bypass is also handy. As is the fact that going into harmony mode starts at button press instead of after release.

Its a small difference, but makes it easier to go in an out of harmonies during a song.

Dennis

#256842 - 02/18/09 08:43 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
Dnj Offline

Dennis thanx....why didn't they realize these flaws before they released this product I dont get it! Don't they test them?

#256843 - 02/18/09 09:29 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
miden Offline

Yes Donny I can only agree. Why these are added as an afterthought is beyond me, although its good that they are.

Perhaps its to do with companies these days trying to get a product to market so quickly, (probably in an effort to beat the competition), that they forget all about thorough testing.

Dennis

#256844 - 02/18/09 10:00 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
Gord Offline

Loc: Kelowna,British Columbia,Canad...
Hi Dennis
Thanks for forwarding the upgrade-I'll give it a try-but hope to see a final approved version
on the Helicon site soon.(just trying to avoid the problems some of us are having with this upgrade)
Cheers!
Gord

#256845 - 02/19/09 09:36 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
DonM Offline

The TC guy phoned me today. He said he was also the one that answered my email query.
The version on the website is the final one now.
He was extremely nice. He said there are TWO service reps for all of North America. And that's not just for the Harmony M, that's for everything they make.
No wonder they are slow to respond!
I haven't had a chance to try the upgrade again. I won't have another day off until Sunday.
DonM

#256847 - 02/20/09 07:14 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Wow! Sounds like a great opportunity for someone. Dave McMahan may want to consider a move to Canada. >> Don't forget to take your pocket french translator if you decide to go Dave.

You fit the bill to a tee except maybe the french language part. I heard french is a pretty easy language to learn though.

Pouvez-vous parler français? Oui, un peu..

All the best, Mike

#256848 - 02/20/09 07:19 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
travlin'easy Offline

I called the number posted above, left a message, still waiting for a return call. Sunday, which is the only day I have free this week, I'll try to update the system again. Keeping my fingers crossed, but I have serious doubts.

Cheers,

Gary

#256849 - 02/20/09 07:29 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Back to the Harmony-M. I'm glad I held off getting the HM. I'll wait for the Live 2 now instead. After hearing the demos of the Voice Live 2 I think it will be worth the extra money, at least for me anyway. The choir effect is simply superb on the Voice Live 2 in my opinion, and it is one of the main functions I am looking for in a Harmonizer i.e. the choir effect. The other modes are fantastic too i.e. the voice doubling, etc. Kudos to TC-Helicon in this their much improved version of the Voice Live module. I'm glad "some" of you guys are enjoying a pain free experience with your Harmony-M though.

All the best, Mike

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online