SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#256831 - 02/18/09 07:51 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
TC Helicon finally responded to my email.
They have provided more detailed instructions on the website, with a link under my question.
I suppose it's available to everyone now.
They did apologize for the slow response, saying they have a reduced staff and unusually heavy load.
I'll try the upgrade again when I get the unit home, probably Friday.
At first glance, I don't see anything set up differently than what I was doing, but I will be meticulous in following the directions.
I'll let you know what happens.
Thanks,
DonM

#256832 - 02/18/09 08:06 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
I have heard from several people that the concensous of opinion is that the TC stuff is better than the Digitech. (sound quality wise as well as function)

What think?

Lee

I've used them both I prefer Digitech units.....better sound & easier to operate.

#256833 - 02/18/09 09:13 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
SUPPORT UPDATE.....
OK, Don,
I just called TC-Helicon support 1-800-565-2523. I asked why my buddy Don Mason was being ignored!..I was told your inqiry was answered today out of Denmark...with an appology on the delay.

I asked to speak with management about support problems, indicating I was considering buying and had heard complaints! . I was immediately transfered to Wayne Detrick (manager)...he was concerned about the complaint, and also indicated that in January they took over support of TC-Helicon products. He also explained that the e-mail support goes to a big group and who ever is best to answer is to do so. So it make take a day or so.

He suggested calling in to escalate if necessary.

Anyways, I also asked about the products and was told in a couple monthes the new Voice-Live 2 will ship! Lots of new features including a new full choir sound.

I was pretty impressed with the support I got today. So, maybe they are improving!
Don't be afraid to call these companies and ask for high level management.

Lee S.

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 02-18-2009).]

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 02-18-2009).]

#256834 - 02/18/09 10:28 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks for the update Lee. The phone number you posted is different from the one I called three months ago, which may explain why there is no longer an answer at the old one. I'll give them a call later today and see if I get any better results.

Thanks again,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#256835 - 02/18/09 10:31 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
Dnj Offline

Will they talk you thru the updatye right on the phone? & will they accept send in to do the update also...? also are the new ones sold now have the updated ver?

#256836 - 02/18/09 10:53 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Good questions Donny--all of which I will ask them when I call. I followed the update directions and could not get past the first step, which was to determine which OS my Harmony M was using. In fact, following the directions screwed up everything so bad that I ended up doing a master reset, then went about re-entering all my settings to get back to where I was.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#256837 - 02/18/09 12:51 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
Dnj Offline

Go Get THem Mr Wizard!!!!!!

#256838 - 02/18/09 03:20 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
Beakybird Offline

My Harmony M came with the latest software - which makes me so pissed off, because their website wasn't updated. Both the website and their support gave the informatin that my display should say .7 if I had the latest software, and my display said .8. Their tech support told me that if my display said .8 that I needed to update even though I had the latest software. So I spent all this time trying to download and asking for technical support - all unnecessary. GRRR!

Beakybird

#256839 - 02/18/09 07:51 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Beaky,
I would call Wayne Detrick at the number I posted and tell him, so he understands what he needs to adress. Nice guy. He should know he has some training to do.

Lee

#256840 - 02/18/09 08:05 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
Dnj Offline

With all this updating has anyone really noticed a difference?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online