SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#256818 - 02/17/09 07:03 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don,

Tony returned my initial phone calls, but after I shipped both units back to him it was as if he could care less if and when they came back to me. At that time I think he may have been on shaky grounds with the company's operation. Hopefully, things have changed since then.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#256819 - 02/17/09 11:52 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
http://www.samedaymusic.com/productreview--TCEHARMONYM
So far, M. Friend and Sweetwater have not posted my review. Kudos to Same Day for putting it up.
I phoned the Customer Service number and of course got voice mail. Left a message detailing the problem and asking them to call me. I'm holding my breath now.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 02-17-2009).]

#256820 - 02/17/09 12:35 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Don,
Where did you get the 'M'???

As an example, I buy a lot from Sweetwater. If I had the issue you have...I would call up my REP and get HIM to get TC in gear!

They have tons of pull you and I do not.

Lately n anything..I have been going back to the dealer...that's where the money matters!

Lee

#256821 - 02/17/09 12:44 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
DonM Offline

Lee, I'll have to double-check where I got it, but I think it was from Same Day Music. I think they were the only place I could find it in stock when I needed one.
I just noticed that Digitech has announced a new similar product, the VL3D. http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--DGTVL3D
Evidently it's not available yet.
Oh well, the Harmony M does work as well as ever. It's just the principle. I've wasted too much time with this.
I won't need one anyway when the Audya arrives!
DonM

#256823 - 02/17/09 07:34 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
leeboy Offline

Don,
Well, it looks pretty good...Sweetwater has no arrival date yet...When it comes in I will go there and try one out.

I wander how good the sound is? and I wander how good the pitch correction is...my singing is not so good! At least that's what my dog says! :-) But, at this time I don't play out...so I guess if I want to drive the dog nuts here...it's OK.

Lee

#256824 - 02/17/09 08:09 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by BBBB:
Hey Don. As a Canuck, I'm disappointed that these guys are Canadian out of Vancouver British Columbia. I have been looking at TC Helicon products but this certainly causes me to have 2nd thoughts!!! Keep us posted. Cheers Brian!

Brian to be fair to TC, I should add here, that I have my Harmony M working fine with the new firmware.

I sent the updated firmware (1.8) to 6 other folks (I think it was 6) and Don's is the only one I have heard of since, that has had an issue.

Although to be fair, the others have not posted on THEIR experiences yet .

It did take about two weeks of emails (4 emails in total LOL) but I got a good result, and when he responded the TC guy was quite open and helpful, as was the dealer out here in Australia.

Just wanted to balance the issue, is all. I feel bad that Don cannot for some reason get his unit to update properly.

Actually Don, if you like, I could re-do mine and copy down ALL the midi-ox settings and send them to you?

Although it does seem like you want to move on from the H-M from your comments.

Dennis

#256825 - 02/17/09 09:25 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
DonM Offline

Dennis, I don't really want to change anything, except out of spite. The unit is working just fine and I really wasn't having any problems to start with.
If you will send me all the settings, I'll see what I'm doing wrong.
I just hate to get ignored by the company. It has been eight days and no answer to my email, and of course no return phone call, at least yet. They'll probably call me at 6:00 in the morning and wake me up!
I would be interested to know if the others using the file you sent them had success.
However the fact remains that TC Helicon should be providing the service, not you.
DonM

#256826 - 02/17/09 11:12 PM Re: TC Helicon Support
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:

However the fact remains that TC Helicon should be providing the service, not you.
DonM

Don, I certainly hear you, and I agree as well. The lack of response from TC is unforgiveable.

Okay, it might take me a day, mebbe two to get it done in amongst my other stuff. So just bear with me, but I will get it done and send the info to you via email, okay?

Cheers,
Dennis

#256828 - 02/18/09 05:33 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
Dnj Offline

A non existent service department could be a way for tc Helicon to save money in bad economic times. Not buying their products is your only recourse, as a recourse there are other alternatives on the market just as good.

#256829 - 02/18/09 06:21 AM Re: TC Helicon Support
leeboy Offline

I have heard from several people that the concensous of opinion is that the TC stuff is better than the Digitech. (sound quality wise as well as function)

What think?

Lee

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online