SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#256499 - 02/12/09 07:24 AM LIONSTRACS MS STYLES WITH QRANGER
Magica Alfa Offline

Here is

FUNKY G STYLE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w6W381gM3I

style with combination on right side.

QRANGER is engine for styles and played midi and audio files on MEDIASTATION.

QRANGER

Style is made from ordinary sounds from GENERAL MIDI SOUNDS.
Also sounds from right hand are GIGA SOUNDS in combination with some VST like

NATIVE INSTRUMENTS KOMPLET 5

GIGA SOUND is sound format like sf2, wav etc. and is also standard format for LIONSTRACS MEDIASTATION.

Enjoy.

Magica Alfa

[This message has been edited by Magica Alfa (edited 02-12-2009).]

[This message has been edited by Magica Alfa (edited 02-12-2009).]

#256500 - 02/12/09 08:09 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MS STYLES WITH QRANGER
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Nice Video Zmago, compliment!

Also here the last features commited today, tomorrow is available the new OS.

The new Qranger 3.0 now include the MASTER Layer tracksgroup and the chords switch quantization: 1/1, 1/2, 4/4, 8/4, 16/4, 32/4. In this ways is more simple to changes simple chords and always in time.

In the MASTER Layer track all the audio-midi tracks are always played, never in MUTE when the others chords groups TAB are switched.
In this new system is more simple to drag a new audio loops that will play for the all new chords programmed, instead to drag the same audio files for the all chords TAB's.

In the chords TAB's then have just to record the special midi tracks for this all strange or missing chords.
IF NO new special chords TAB's are included on Editor, all the strange pressed chords will be trasformed in realtime from one editable Chordstable.txt file.
So, if you need a special chords configuration, the external table can be full edited from the user.

After the new Qtractor come out, we release also the full BPM and Signature Map for the al 32 programmable patterns.
Enjoy

#256501 - 02/12/09 10:34 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MS STYLES WITH QRANGER
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
i did not understand a word of what this thread is about. Can you break it down into really simple language for me please .

#256502 - 02/12/09 10:46 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MS STYLES WITH QRANGER
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Gotta be honest here. I do and have always supported Dom's MS because I feel he's going in the right direction with it. However.., I still STRONGLY feel Dom that you are going to have problems (especially in the USA) selling this unit as an arranger keyboard! You have to keep in mind the "target market" for arranger keyboards in the US as well. Arranger players are looking for simplicity in operation "out of box".

Now I look at these screen shots and am very impressed with them. The MS is really the "techies" dream in terms of an arranger/synth (that's for darn sure). However, you have to understand that those screen shots alone are going to confuse the hell out of a lot of the traditional arranger players here in the US.

Yes.., the MS can be edited and tweeked to the ends of the universe, but I gotta say that I don't think (especially on this forum) that many here would be willing to learn this type of OS. The MS simply a computer running on Linux with one killer midi controller built around it. The interface is very "PC Like" This will be a turn off for some buyers. There are some players here who are computer savy and see the power in the MS.., but over the years I'd have to say the average pro arranger player (currently) just might feel a little intimidated (not sure I spelled that right) by this type of arranger and its OS.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 02-12-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#256503 - 02/12/09 11:21 AM Re: LIONSTRACS MS STYLES WITH QRANGER
Magica Alfa Offline

Sorry guys this is only thing that I want to show you:

FUNKY G STYLE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w6W381gM3I

THIS IS YOUTUBE LINK NOTHING ELSE.

ABOUT TECHNICAL POINT OF MS. I CAN SAY THAT IS SO SIMPLE THAT NO OTHER KEYBOARD CAN NOT BE SO SIMPLE NOW.

ENJOY.

#256504 - 02/12/09 02:10 PM Re: LIONSTRACS MS STYLES WITH QRANGER
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Squeak...I really understand you about this complex qranger editor interface, but is the only tools now available for create audio-midi styles with a totally new concept.

A normally MS user do not have to open the Qranger editor, but only select the available patch styles, like a normally sounds: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/qranger/msqrangermain.jpg
and then only to mix new volumes in realtime and press the key Enter for save the new setting: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/images/2008/MS/qmixer.jpg

At the end the MS is looking like one standard embedded keyboard.

here are some simple example of play just a styles without right hand: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/styles/popfunk1.mp3 http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/styles/groove.mp3 http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/styles/lightpop1.mp3
This are all standard imported EMC styles on Qranger and played with the basic GM GIG sounds no special sounds added, all standard.

Of course need a basic know how how the whole system can work, the jack connection kit is really complex if you will editng the all I/O connections. Remember also when you pres RESTART, the MS run all again the default applications and connections.

About the Qranger editor..
I think there a lot of people use one Windows PC with Cubase, Cakewalk....for develope the styles, because under the keyboard is really hard to develope complex styles.
The Qranger is about the same tool as the Cubase or Cakewalk.
How in Cubase you create one midi styles?
You use the Timeline SEQ and you record the all patterns for the first Chord MAJ.
then you have to record the all midi for the MIN and so on, every time you need a new session chords and then you export the midifile.
In Qranger for resolve this all session midifile we have used the LAYER TAB system.
Each Layer mean a new Chords session and when you switch chords in realtime the new layer will be UNMUTED the all tracks and all the others chords Layers wil be MUTED.
simple and easy.

You can also continue develope styles with Cakewalk, export the midifile and Inport on Qranger: PLAY

After this basic system, you are allowed to import/records how many Audio streaming tracks you want for each Chords TAB or to use only on the MASTER layer.

the system seem complex BUT at the end is really SO simple.
Have only to open the view..the limist here is only the fantasy.
cheers

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online