SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#256439 - 02/14/09 12:24 PM Re: Sometimes you need to educate your audience...
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
While setting up for a Luau job tonight, I put on a midi file, grabbed a cordless, walked the room and sang with the midi to check levels.

Two ladies walked into the room and I overheard one say to the other..."Oh, we are having Karaoke tonight".

Whatever.
It wasn't worth a response.

Eddie

#256440 - 02/14/09 01:31 PM Re: Sometimes you need to educate your audience...
Dnj Online   content

Eddie dont get upset be glad your gigging.......as long as we operate automated machines in anyway shape or form versus an solo acoustic accompaniment instruments eg: Guitar, Piano, Accordion, with vocals only we will always be perceived as DJ's..KJ's, etc, in today's world.........your not fooling anyone.....but your getting paid & having fun.

#256441 - 02/14/09 02:01 PM Re: Sometimes you need to educate your audience...
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Yeah Donnie. I hear ya....and I am not upset. I can't blame them for thinking that after seeing me walking around singing to a track.

Magic isn't magic either. It's an illusion...right? And magicians are damned proud of it.

Eddie

#256442 - 02/15/09 10:34 AM Re: Sometimes you need to educate your audience...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Hey guys - and girls - ... how many audience members do you really think are out there analyzing what the hell we are playing or not playing ?!?!? .... Rather, I think (HOPE)they are just enjoying the music, whether they be dancing, humming along, tapping a toe, whatever ...
And as for US, are we TRYING to FOOL anybody into thinking we are playing all those parts??? I HOPE NOT - and if we are trying to fool them, then I hope the audience is smart enough to know better !!! ...

As for some people relating what we do as karaoke, well, to some degree, I guess it is ... And unfortunately, most of the time when a staff member sees me taking equipment into the hall, I will be asked if I need a table to put my gear on ... that's just the nature of the beast ... I just say, "no, I'm not a DJ, I'm a musician" ...
t.

#256443 - 02/15/09 10:40 AM Re: Sometimes you need to educate your audience...
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Hey guys - and girls - ... how many audience members do you really think are out there analyzing what the hell we are playing or not playing ?!?!? .... Rather, I think (HOPE)they are just enjoying the music, whether they be dancing, humming along, tapping a toe, whatever ...
And as for US, are we TRYING to FOOL anybody into thinking we are playing all those parts??? I HOPE NOT - and if we are trying to fool them, then I hope the audience is smart enough to know better !!! ...

As for some people relating what we do as karaoke, well, to some degree, I guess it is ... And unfortunately, most of the time when a staff member sees me taking equipment into the hall, I will be asked if I need a table to put my gear on ... that's just the nature of the beast ... I just say, "no, I'm not a DJ, I'm a musician" ...
t.

Have him BRING the table then use it to put your drink on .....
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online