SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#256409 - 02/11/09 11:28 AM demo'd the WK-500 finally....
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
GC had it for $248..I played with it..ran thru the tones and rhythms...For the $200 range(new) the board is hard to beat..The patterns are decent..not overdone, but only 2 variations...The tones also are pretty decent...on parr with the lower PSR line...The 76 and feel are ok..better than you know what...
also..The mic and aux input are on the rear..volume control for the mic...the master volume controls the aux in...
No..I did not buy it
The lack of a mod wheel to control B4 leslie and other soft synths..same with the lack of aftertouch..I wanted to use it as a controller...The other biggie in the loss column....no correct way to do program change via the Casio..
The speakers at 6 watts a side are as loud as the S900..
I liked the 76 key range and the feel...enough to play it all night on a gig..but the short comings with no mod wheel , no aftertouch, and program change send...are deal breakers..
As for getting that PSR3000...it lacks the program change send to match soft synths..also no aftertouch..only 61 keys....and I would greatly hate to have to play them all night...It wouldn't be any better for me than the PSR2100 was...other than a couple more sounds and USB key....So I have no interest in that board either....
I am carrying at least one Cube100 and the G70...Zero compromise and will sound as good or better than anyone else...

#256410 - 02/11/09 01:27 PM Re: demo'd the WK-500 finally....
Dnj Offline

I though you bought the new b4 program so it would work with vista/

#256411 - 02/11/09 01:37 PM Re: demo'd the WK-500 finally....
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I got the older B4 to work..I posted a week ago..I had to back door some dll files ..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online