SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#256305 - 02/09/09 08:47 PM Re: I just love it !
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I saw the AX-7. Can't wait to try it. Onboard sounds (Sonic Cell) make it a lot simpler to go wireless.

But I tried the older MIDI remotes Roland made, and ergonomically on the left hand controls and bender, it was a pale shadow of how good the old Yamaha KX-5 is. Much better, bigger keyboard, though (although it makes moving around more cumbersome)...

A friend has told me there's someone quite close to me that has a Roland V-Accordion. I can't WAIT to try THAT out! No dealer anywhere NEAR me has one of those...

Diki,

The on board sound controller is called AX-Synth

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#256306 - 02/09/09 08:50 PM Re: I just love it !
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
[b] Here ya go
http://www.performing-musician.com/news?NewsID=11177

I meant seeing YOU playing it in your act

[/B]

At 150 lbs, Ed Diaz far outweighs me I fear I might look like a little kid behind the AX

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#256307 - 02/09/09 09:04 PM Re: I just love it !
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Diki,

The on board sound controller is called AX-Synth

Yep, my bad... it is what I meant though!

You ever play a KX-5? Primitive MIDI, by today's standard, but those left hand controls just fell under your fingers SO naturally. What I dislike the most about the Roland's is that pressure bar that gets in the way of your hand coming round and resting on the strip. Plus it had aftertouch, so you didn't NEED this. Mind you, I virtually never use the mod wheel on a pitch strip keyboard, preferring to do a finger vibrato (like cello or violin) which is FAR more natural. It's one of the secrets to a good emulation. Mechanical vibrato is VERY unrealistic for acoustic patches, IMO...

OTOH, the wheel on the KX-5 is unsprung, so it's great for patches that change timbre or effects (Leslie, anyone?), where you can leave it in one position while you play. That pressure bar can't pull off that trick...

I'd love the AX-Synth to work out for me, but it seems that Roland haven't changed the left hand controls a whole lot. But I'll be trying it out, you can be sure...

#256308 - 02/10/09 08:24 AM Re: I just love it !
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Got the new XK-1 system in my den. Matched the boards with a Motion Sound 145. Just sounds better to me than a Leslie, and the walnut version matches nicely.

But you know what? I much prefer my old one at the club with the 145 and 147 RV...cracks, squeaks, old tubes and all.

Drawbars RULE!

Russ "old school" Lay

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online