SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#256003 - 02/08/09 03:17 PM Two more originals on PSR-S900
Beakybird Offline

www.myspace.com/larrylevin

I want to thank everyone for listening to previous songs. I learned a lot from the critiques I received, and I got very enthusiastic that many people really connected to two of my songs - even though some who loved them the most said that they were stylistically dated.

I posted two more songs. One, "Tear That Lost Fear of The Ocean" is a ballad. I really like the way it sounds. I hope you agree. I used PSR-S900 LoveSong style, but I heavily edited it and took out some parts entirely. I added acoustic and electric guitars. I think that the TC Helicon assisted harmonies sound really solid.

The other song, "Steel Drum," I really like the music. I am going to get a professional woman vocalist to sing it. I might get a male vocalist to sing a male version of the song. It's very challenging for me vocally. Tell me, is it good enough for a songwriter demo, or do I sound like a mule that you want to shoot and put out of his misery?

I used a sped up version of "MotorCity" style, and just adjusted levels and added a solo.

Thanks so much!

Beakybird

#256004 - 02/09/09 01:38 AM Re: Two more originals on PSR-S900
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
hey, good work, i enjoyed the songs very much, unfortunatelly i don't have a good system on this laptop. i couldnt comment on the sound.
i like what i hear!

goodluck!

#256005 - 02/09/09 01:57 AM Re: Two more originals on PSR-S900
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
nice song melodically. the words are a little disjointed at times but it depends on how the singer chooses to phrase them and i understand that you are not a professional singer ( but you do a good job nevertheless). I love the harmonies in your song 'Tear that lost fear of the Ocean." The songs are well produced and you ought to be proud of te work you have done.

'Steel Drum" is a nice mid tempo song. Your chord changes in the chorus jump around a little too much. I know you are trying not to sound too predictable but sometimes its that predictability that makes a song flow better . Anyway thank for posting your original music. nice stuff

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online