SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#255754 - 02/09/09 07:12 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
leezone Offline

gotta be below $4000 US

OR

MANY will look elsewhere...

that's for sure

#255755 - 02/09/09 07:15 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
leezone Offline

$3,999.99 would do the trick

and that's already about 70% more expensive than the SD5

#255756 - 02/09/09 09:06 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hmmmm, I don't understand why you people complain about, 5000$ or less!

To repeat myself from another tread:

When use the current rates of the € lately, the price in musicstores here are set to N.KR. 59.950,- = € 6754 !!
The "offer" price is N.Kr 50.900,- who is aprox € 5.733.

Tyros 3 are set to "full price" € 4.573 and sell for € 4.043, even as "low" as € 3.367, same as Korg PAX2 Pro
in musicstores here, so as I've said before, if the price stand like that we can buy both T3 and PAX2 pro for
the same amount of money as one Audya.!!!
Still wonder about if the Audya will sell a lot if this going to be the real price here, to be honest i doubt it.

Why the high level price? My guess is that they send each item separately fron Italy by Taxi, besides of that the
Norwegian custom and taxes are a bit high.

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#255757 - 02/09/09 09:24 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
leezone Offline

i think i'd rather buy both the T3 and PAX2 pro for same amount as one AUDYA

wow, them i'd have, G-70, T3, and PAX2, would be cool

#255758 - 02/09/09 10:14 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Ketron's going to have to seriously consider the price of this new model if they want to sell it. Ketron has always been expensive..., to those who've asked about me owning one. The answer is NO, but I've been fortunate enough to find an owner here and there to try them out.

They DO IN FACT sound great..., always have too. Problem is Ketron has always priced themselves WELL above the competition. With the current economy you don't have to be a financial expert to know that Ketron or ANY smaller keyboard company would be hurting themselves by putting a price tag of $5,000 on a single arranger keyboard.

I've always felt Ketron has produced some great sounding gear.., but over the years looking at their past and current product line.... (not including the Audya at the moment), but strip the sounds/styles away and compare these boards to the competition and what's really left that justifies such a major difference in price????

In this current economy if you want to sell keyboards you better price them according to the competition. Place the price too high and even out of reach for the average TOTL arranger buyer then you've really got yourself a problem and will appear to look VERY VERY GREEDY.

Right now Ketron seems to be banking on the old saying "Build it and they will come". It's not that simple anymore. Build it and yes they WILL come.., but in today's current market you have to build it and PRICE IT RIGHT and they will certainly come.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#255759 - 02/09/09 12:00 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I would pay $5,000.000 for the perfect TOTL arranger for me.

It does not exist. Probably never will.
My requirements list is large...and no one MFG. is there. I am not going to buy another 61 note instrument for one thing.

FOR ME TODAY, The Korg PA2XPRO is as close as there is. Repeat...'For me today'

Lot's of reason's...I like the sounds, styles and especially the features. If you ever get curious and want to really know the reasons I think the features are so superb...download the manual, spend an evening (it will take a while) ...read it cover - cover (including the new V2.0 seperate manual, AND the advanced edit manual).

IMHO, If I didn't care about all the programmabiliy and other PRO features and wanted the most availability of styles..I would just get a T3 like Kingfrog did.

I am open to the audya, but I want to see the features/programming tools for sound/styles/sequencer etc.

And the solo instrumental voices would have to be absolutely PRO quality. In other words the sounds would have to blow my socks off.

I will find out March 15th in Ft.Wayne at the demo. (I sure hope the complete manual is ready before that, so I can read it)

Lee

#255760 - 02/09/09 12:19 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
gittzit Offline

Loc: Benton Ar
I dont play keyboard. I play guitar and use xd3 and midjay. But I was present at the shreveport jam,and I videotaped the whole shebang. Then I spent 90 hours looking at and listening to what I had recorded. Over and over as I edited the video. The audya to me has a distinct sound I havent heard from other arrangers. Don mason had a very good sound from his keyboard. Donny J was great from his keyboard. Everyone there had a great sound to my ears but, there is something about the audya that stands apart from the rest. I have over a hour and a half of demo of the audya and 4 hours of jammin by all the musicians. after 90 hours of viewing I think I have formed a pretty good openion, BUT, it all comes down to each individuals own ears, what he or she hears for themselve.

#255761 - 02/09/09 12:27 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
gittzit Offline

Loc: Benton Ar
More to the point is as a keyboard player you are more interested in the ease of going from piano to sax to trumpet to other sounds with some matter of ease and the chord reconization of the keyboard as you play. As a guitar player I dont have to woory about such things. I dont envey piano players for you have the hardest job of hearing what you want in a arranget and the ease whith which to use it. As on ketron guitat player once told me and I find it very true, if you ever get to the point where you are completely satasfied with what you play anh hear from yourself you are over the hill and basicall thrrough.

#255762 - 02/09/09 12:46 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
[B] but strip the sounds/styles away and compare these boards to the competition and what's really left that justifies such a major difference in price????

B]

I don't understand your statement. What features are you looking for that ketron does not offer? What features should they have offered with the models they released during the model years?

Ketron will do well in europe and you have many repeat customers here in the states, in speaking with my music buddies, there waiting for the release to pick one up.

#255763 - 02/09/09 12:54 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by gittzit:
As on ketron guitat player once told me and I find it very true, if you ever get to the point where you are completely satasfied with what you play anh hear from yourself you are over the hill and basicall thrrough.

Amen to that. I worry sometimes about how satisfied so many are with their arrangers on this forum!

Mind you, you've got to get a bit worried about Ketron themselves, given that corollary... Are they REALLY satisfied with the way the audio loop feature has worked out? Are they content to let it go out the door unable to play many basic chord types? Are they basically through?

I've heard a few of the Jam videos. a) I haven't found one yet where AJ plays more than basic maj min on guitar loop styles, and b) without those, it sounds like an SD-1 or SD-5. Ketron could have just come out with a boatload of new drum loop styles for the SD-1 and you'd have close to an Audya...

Ketron bet the farm on this audio loop technology, tried for three years or so to get it to work, found out it's not NEARLY as easy as they thought it would be, and gave up... But they still try to get us to buy this failed product.

If you could load the drum loops into an SD-1 or-5, most people would chose that much less expensive option. Somehow, I don't see Ketron doing that! Eventually, most MIDI styles from the latest arranger get backwards ported (at least to the ability of the legacy arranger). Forget that on Ketron's. So, when Ketron come out with an Audya2, don't expect any backwards compatibility. You'll have to BUY it to get access to the styles...

I've got E80 styles in my G70. There are T3 styles converted (as well as they can be) for T2. There are PA2X styles out there converted for PA1X. They all sound pretty damn good (other than the new features). But you'll never get an Audya style in an SD-1.

The more you look at audio loop styles, the more limitations they have...

Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online