SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#255744 - 02/07/09 03:57 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
twiceduo Offline

Loc: Denmark
Dikki "Feed it something other than just kindergarten chords"

That was not nice.

#255745 - 02/07/09 05:11 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Maj and min (and a few 7ths) as the ONLY chords not replaced by MIDI...

That IS kindergarten, as far as I'm concerned. 'Not nice'?

'Not nice' is a feature that only CAN play these chords. I've played almost every kind of music there is. Pop, R&B, jazz, alternative, schlager, polka, ska, reggae, rock, latin, you name it, at one time I've played it. I can't remember ANY of those musics not needing more than maj and min chords.

Can you?

#255746 - 02/07/09 08:51 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
to the genesys Offline

Diki: “audio loops in an arranger (as opposed to drum loops, that it doesn't matter what chord gets played)”

Here is the misunderstanding. I don’t believe that Ketron ever promised this. So what persons report as a problem is really not. You know like when a customer complains to a manufacturer that there is a bug and the manufacturer says it is not a bug but it is that the device is not supposed to work the way some people think it is supposed to work.

I think this is the problem we have here. You have some persons redesigning the function of the Audio tracks in a midi style of the Audya. It appears to me that the function of the audio track is to enhance the style not replace the style.

And it is interesting to note that 95% of the people who are trying to redesign and redefine the Audya are ones who would probably not get one hence the term pundits.

Regarding a “complete” product even that concept is changing. It is not like in the old days when a manufacturer releases a keyboard and that is it until the next model AKA Yamaha. Now you have manufacturers creating a good hardware product and a functioning OS with room to add, change and enhance features as time goes on. So I think the term “complete” is irrelevant with respect to the Audya.

#255747 - 02/07/09 09:32 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Jerry
we may have half a hope.

No other company has bothered to listen.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry T:

As for me, I'm going to wait ---------- for the module version - or did I mention that before ... ?
Ciao,
Jerry

------------------
best wishes
Rikki

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/PA800_StyleMaking/

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#255748 - 02/08/09 03:52 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Not that they would never get it, it is probably the ones that would
never phisically see the synth.

#255749 - 02/08/09 10:14 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Diki Offline

I'm sorry, genesys, perhaps you haven't followed the Ketron hype since the Audya was announced. Perhaps a search for "audya' here will refresh your memory.

And I still don't understand how you cannot see the basic ridiculousness of a feature that only works on some chords, and not on others... You ever hear of anything like that before?

If it is so unimportant a feature, why do Ketron tout it so grandly (I posted their promo blurb.... sound like an afterthought to you?).

#255750 - 02/08/09 11:37 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry T:
Donny,
Maybe in Europe they don't need all the features we're waiting for. And, with the euro gaining in value, maybe price isn't as big an issue - For sure they can buy it for about 25% less than we can with the U.S.dollar. Even more savings if you factor in the custom's fees, transportation costs and various other fees and expenses associated with importing an item to the U.S.
As for me, I'm going to wait ---------- for the module version - or did I mention that before ... ?
Ciao,
Jerry

Jerry......I would assume Europeans & others world wide would also need to play more complex chords also ...so that means Audya chord recognition of more complex chords needs to be on par. Why cant they just get it right.....don't hype an unfinished product, release it when its done, & let the chips fall where they may?
As for the module if at all.....that's a stretch in time for sure. Ask yur self what is this audya going to do to make my music any better then it is now?

#255751 - 02/08/09 09:56 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Diki Offline

We've got to get over this...

A diminished, sus4 or augmented chord is NOT, I repeat... NOT a 'complex' chord. It is a basic chord.

A min(maj7) chord is a complex chord. A 7#9 is a complex chord. A 7#9,13 is a complex chord.

If you play tunes without a dim, sus or aug in it SOMEWHERE, you are not playing the right chords!

#255752 - 02/09/09 01:04 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
We've got to get over this...

....If you play tunes without a dim, sus or aug in it SOMEWHERE, you are not playing the right chords!

Your Honor, guilty as charged!!!

#255753 - 02/09/09 05:56 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
I just hope they don't price themselves out of the market. $5000? I don't think the market will bear that. I could buy three arrangers for that.

I look forward to it being out, I am a fan of the Ketron sound.

Page 11 of 13 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online