SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#255502 - 02/03/09 01:19 AM Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
sunster Offline

Loc: Mumbai, INDIA
Hi all!

This is Sunny from India. Long absent from this board. A few hours ago I bought myself a PSr S900 and boy am I thriled with it. I had a Korg PA1X before and it was just gathering dust as I have always been a Yamaha player and I guess the decision to switch to Korg didn't really work well with me. Nothing against Korg and the PA1X. In fact my wife is somehow missing the Korg and I too feel that I have downgraded somehow but that's me. The PA1X was an amazing gig companion for a year but I was always missing the ease of use of my Yamaha 2100 and of cuorse the light weight. The PA1X was a pain to carry around.
So, It's really nice to be back on the forums again and I look forward to interacting with everyone here for a long time ahead.

Cheers

SUNNY

#255503 - 02/03/09 01:43 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Dnj Offline

Sunny good choice & Good Luck!

#255504 - 02/03/09 02:13 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
A heavy keyboard is a pain (I should know! )... so is a wimpy keybed. So is an unintuitive OS. So is a bland, non-dynamic sound.

Only the weight issue, though, is something that does NOT effect you when you play. Once it is on the stand, it HAS no weight! Everything else makes a difference, though...

Just a thought.

#255505 - 02/03/09 02:46 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Good choice, Sunny.

It is perfect for my needs...Yamaha's exclusive SA voices (especially the Sax and Concert guitar) are what attracted me to this wonderful instrument.

The S900 has few detractors, other than those who are a tad envious of the cool mega voices, and aforementioned SA sounds, so just simply dig in and enjoy this marvellous example of Yamaha's incredible arrangers.

The myth that an instrument has to be heavy and large to possess quality and great performance has been dispelled a long time ago.

Congratulations on your new instrument.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 02-03-2009).]

#255506 - 02/03/09 03:59 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
sunster Offline

Hi all,

Im getting more and more excited as I keep playing my S900. Indeed. Its a fantastic instrument. Im really happy with my selection.

Sunny

#255507 - 02/03/09 06:06 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
You didnt downgrade somehow but you went from a horse on a donkey.
Those 2 synths are in no way comparable, the S900 is a good
machine but in no way in HELL compared to PA1X.

#255508 - 02/03/09 06:08 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Only the weight issue, though, is something that does NOT effect you when you play. Once it is on the stand, it HAS no weight! Everything else makes a difference, though...

Just a thought.[/B]

I always found it funny when people complain about weight and size.
I wont give up on a good machine cuz of its wait and buy some toy.
I am not holding it in my hands, its on stands.

#255509 - 02/03/09 06:20 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
I am not holding it in my hands, its on stands.

So it magically floats to the gig, and puts itself on the stand?

Amazing!

Ian

#255510 - 02/03/09 06:24 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
As a music producer and sound engineer, you probably have someone to carry your gear, if it ever needs moving. When you move it once or twice every day, as many of us do and when you perhaps get a little older, you might better appreciate the difference that lighter weight can make.
Nothing makes a person feel better than someone berating his new gear, calling it a toy, comparing it to a donkey, or saying it's wimpy and non-dynamic.
Are we losing all respect for one another, and each other's choice of arrangers?
Does anyone else wonder why we have lost so many knowledgeable well-spoken members and that almost every thread is dominated by the same sarcastic, caustic, even destructive few?
O.K. go ahead and tell me how everyone is open to criticism and we shouldn't post if we don't want your honest opinions.
But first, ask yourself if you would talk to your mother or father that way.
Never mind, you probably would.
Welcome back Sunny.
DonM

#255511 - 02/03/09 07:13 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Welcome back, Sunny...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#255512 - 02/03/09 07:19 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sunny,

Welcome back. You made a great choice, it's a fantastic keyboard that is loaded with incredible features. Not only does it sound incredible, it's lightweight as well. Weight does not mean quality. If this were the case laptop and notebook computers would not exist. Instead, we would be using computers the size of a warehouse and powered with vacuum tubes.

Enjoy that new keyboard, and again, welcome back,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#255513 - 02/03/09 07:24 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian,
That's a good point...but not all of us play out.

I play at home in my music room, PC connected all the time. More of a studio environment.

Around here you just don't make enough to gig out a lot. $60/hour at Nursing homes/comm centers.

When I retire, I might gig out, and I might want a light board.

Lee

#255514 - 02/03/09 07:41 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
ianmcnll Offline

I hear ya, Lee...you also make a good point.

I need a lightweight arranger because I'm moving gear by myself and anything over 20-25 lbs is not "portable" in my opinion.

If all my playing was at home, or in a studio, I'd probably get a CVP-409, but still keep the S900 in case I do get an occasional outside gig.

Instruments of 40-45 lbs in a decent road case top out around 60 lbs or so; not much joy dragging one of them from gig to gig...certainly not for me.

The S900/S700 or an E-50/60 make arranger playing much easier for those on the go....and they have built in speakers.

Ian

#255515 - 02/03/09 08:37 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Sunny ... YOU like the board? ... then it is the right board for YOU ...enjoy it fully ...

Some of you guys needed to be gigging when the 'portable' keyboard of choice was the Fender Rhodes 73 ... http://www.fenderrhodes.com/models/mark1a.php

LOVED it ... weight and all ...

t.

#255516 - 02/03/09 09:21 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
Some of you guys needed to be gigging when the 'portable' keyboard of choice was the Fender Rhodes 73 ... [

Remember it well Tony...I had a 73...not a joy to move, a lot of fun to play, as long as the action was kept in shape.

I sure don't miss moving it, but one of my favorite sounds is still the Electric Piano...I'm a big fan of Bob James and Steely Dan, as well as Joe Sample to name only a few.

I'm sure glad the weight of keyboards are a lot less than they used to be.

Thanks for the great flashback.

Ian

#255517 - 02/03/09 09:48 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
"Gentleman Don" is a world class writer.

His comments about civility( and the loss of former contributors) are dead on.

He is a class act, and, from a music business standpoint as well as a personal example, we could all do worse than to "listen and learn"

Besides, he's bigger than I am, so, If we ever work together, I'll con him into carrying the heavy stuff.

Russ

#255518 - 02/03/09 11:12 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
124 Offline

Congrats on the new board, Sunny!

Take no notice of Nedim, he just likes to stir it up, even prides himself on it from time to time. It takes all sorts.

I'm a Pa1X Pro owner simply because it's right for me, and that's the only reason why anyone should choose one board over another.

#255519 - 02/03/09 11:56 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Diki Offline

First things first... I play live as much as I do studio work. And down here in my little market, there is no such thing as cartage! I move my G70 myself, or often with the help of my guitarist. But a nice foldable dolly, and good leverage technique (and the newer handicapped access laws!) mean that I rarely EVER have to dead lift the entire thing. Roll in, roll out. I'm in my fifties, but lifting 45 lbs. onto a stand is no real task... I'm sure you don't leave your grandkids on the ground just because they are that heavy (do you tell them at five that they are too heavy for you?)...

Life, they say, is all about finding the right compromise. Given a choice between sound, playability (everyone knows how critical a 76 is to my style), and weight, I know the only one I am prepared to make a compromise about

Until Yamaha make a PSR with 76, at ANY weight, I have to pass. Until Yamaha make a PSR with a piano in it with more body, dynamics and no phase issues, I have to pass. Until Yamaha make a PSR that sounds like a live band, rather than a CD, I have to pass...

But if they make one of those at 40 lbs.+, I won't rule it out based on the weight... Does that make me more or LESS biased?

#255520 - 02/03/09 12:27 PM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Pacesetter Offline

And the seasons they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down

And go round and round and round
In the circle game

"The Circle Game" by Joni Mitchell

#255521 - 02/03/09 12:48 PM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Pacesetter:
And the seasons they go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down

And go round and round and round
In the circle game

Well described Pacesetter.

The worse thing about this thread, is that Sunny's first forum post in a long time, and his obvious joy about his new keyboard, is spoiled by the insensitive and downright mean remarks by a few individuals who seem to have no respect for his feelings.

A "Circle" perhaps, Pacesetter, but a vicious circle to be sure.

Ian

#255522 - 02/03/09 01:29 PM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
First things first... I play live as much as I do studio work. And down here in my little market, there is no such thing as cartage! I move my G70 myself, or often with the help of my guitarist. But a nice foldable dolly, and good leverage technique (and the newer handicapped access laws!) mean that I rarely EVER have to dead lift the entire thing. Roll in, roll out. I'm in my fifties, but lifting 45 lbs. onto a stand is no real task... I'm sure you don't leave your grandkids on the ground just because they are that heavy (do you tell them at five that they are too heavy for you?)...

Life, they say, is all about finding the right compromise. Given a choice between sound, playability (everyone knows how critical a 76 is to my style), and weight, I know the only one I am prepared to make a compromise about

Until Yamaha make a PSR with 76, at ANY weight, I have to pass. Until Yamaha make a PSR with a piano in it with more body, dynamics and no phase issues, I have to pass. Until Yamaha make a PSR that sounds like a live band, rather than a CD, I have to pass...

But if they make one of those at 40 lbs.+, I won't rule it out based on the weight... Does that make me more or LESS biased?

Makes perfect sense to me! There are compromises in whatever we choose, so I guess it depends on what area we are willing to "give" a little.
I don't mind the piano--in fact I like it--but then I'm not a piano player at heart. It projects through the mix. I actually love the extremely light touch, and don't even object to calling it flimsy.
And, I've raised the biggest fuss about the drums and bass being less than spectacular.
My grandkids are three and one, and another minus 7 months, so I can still pick 'em up.
When they get bigger they can left me up!
I toted the G70 around last year for several months. Had I known I would be in one place almost all the time, I might still be playing one, at least til the Auyda gets here.
DonM

#255523 - 02/03/09 02:08 PM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Diki,

When I was in my 50s a 50 or even 60-pound keyboard was considered lightweight. Hell, I could still pick up good looking gals at that age! Body parts tend to go to hell at 65, and if you think for one minute you are immune, well, I guess you haven't looked in the mirror lately.

As for picking up the grandson, at 19 months he's up to 39 pounds, strong, good looking, and I suspect he'll be driving me to gigs sometime in the near future. I CAN pick him up, however, it's a lot more fun when he climbs on my lap and I'm sitting down. It's a lot safer too.

Now, lets get down to nuts and bolts. Sunny is a really nice person, and those of us that have been on the forum for a while enjoyed his posts from years ago. DIKI, IT'S TIME TO STOP ACTING LIKE AN EGOTISTICAL ASS--YOU OWE HIM AN APOLOGY!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#255524 - 02/03/09 04:52 PM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Diki Offline

The day I call another member here an 'egotistical ass' WILL be the day I apologize. That's not an opinion, that's an insult, plain and simple.

Now, where's YOUR apology to me...?

#255525 - 02/03/09 05:26 PM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
The day I call another member here an 'egotistical ass' WILL be the day I apologize. That's not an opinion, that's an insult, plain and simple.

Now, where's YOUR apology to me...?

I think Gary is wrong...Diki isn't egotistical...

#255526 - 02/03/09 05:43 PM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Dnj Offline

One, Two, Cha Cha Cha

#255527 - 02/03/09 06:01 PM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
zuki Offline

I had a G70 for a couple weeks. 2 moving sessions were brutal - but not the reason I sold it

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#255528 - 02/03/09 06:22 PM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
One, Two, Cha Cha Cha

Three, four, What a bore...

#255529 - 02/03/09 10:17 PM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
sunster Offline

Hi all,

I was just reading all the posts this morning and smiling at the different comments passed by all my friends here. Needless to say, Im really happy with my decision. You are right about the weight part...like I said, the PA1x per se is an amazing board and I also mentioned about downgrading, but again, lugging the board around ( I have to do it myself) every now and then does get a bit painful. It would perhaps have been easier had I used it solely as a studio or home keyboard. But we have a lot os social and family outings and get-togethers and more than anything I could hear 8 out of 10 people in my audience mention the difference in the overall performance when I used to perform with the PA1x. They would go "Hey Sunny, you sound different..or the same charm and the melodious yamaha styles ( I rely heavily on the styles) are missing .
The cherry on the cake was last night, when my wife and I sat down and decided to play some music before gng to bed. When she heard all the new and improved sounds on the S900. She was always hearing me play the PSR2100 before...her eyes almost watered and her face flushed with joy. She said..."Sunny...now you are BAck Again with YOUR music". That was the most gratifying moment of all. The next best moment was to carry the keyboard and place it back to the shelf without the slightest effort.
Bottomline...Im really happy with the S900 and I know I did the right thing by getting it.
Thanks for all your comments...Sweet and Sour. Im happy you at least took the time and commented on my new keyboard and I take it all with a pinch of salt !!!

Cheers,

SUNNY

#255530 - 02/03/09 10:32 PM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
sunster Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
So it magically floats to the gig, and puts itself on the stand?

Amazing!

Ian

LOL

#255531 - 02/03/09 11:33 PM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by sunster:
Thanks for all your comments...Sweet and Sour. Im happy you at least took the time and commented on my new keyboard and I take it all with a pinch of salt !!!

Cheers,

SUNNY

Would that others would do the same thing.

Mind you, take a look at what some of the more frenzied posters actually play, and decide for yourself if they were defending YOU, or the choice of arranger THEY made... I don't think Gary or Ian would have given a damn if this was a critique of a Roland or Korg (and I hope you noticed it was in no way a criticism of YOU, just the 'weight as primary consideration' issue - and yes, at least I noticed your 'downgrading' comment. Good job Ian didn't!).

But you have got to laugh at someone that takes such offense at a mild criticism of an arranger issue, and points out my need to apologize by being as personally insulting as he can be! Apparently, he feels that turning an arranger discussion into a personal gutter slanging match (which I will NOT dignify by responding to) is not hypocrisy of the highest order...

Maybe it's gutter language like that that is discouraging some from posting here...?

Noooo... How could THAT be possible? Easier to blame someone else, I guess.

#255532 - 02/04/09 12:07 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
ianmcnll Offline

Sunny,

Observe how weaseling out of things is important to some.

It's what separates them from the animals.

Except the weasel.

Ian

PS...You made the right choice for your needs...that's the bottom line.

#255533 - 02/04/09 12:21 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Diki Offline

Weasling, Ian? I've read every word I posted here. And I don't believe I have a thing to apologize to anyone about. I can't say the same for some others, but I think you are generous in calling them animals. Perhaps reptiles gets closer? No, even they have spines.

Invertebrates, maybe?

#255534 - 02/04/09 12:35 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
sunster Offline

HEY HEY ...lets all just calm down now...shall we. I somehow eel reponsible for this. Shudnt have mentioned about the bew board. Would have avoided all these tussles.

#255535 - 02/04/09 12:45 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Weasling, Ian? I've read every word I posted here. And I don't believe I have a thing to apologize to anyone about.

I'm afraid I can't answer that one for you, my friend.

I will say that I really admire Sunny's great outlook on things...I only wish I could have half of his "I take it all with a pinch of salt" attitude.

It would sure keep me out of trouble some times.

Ian

#255536 - 02/04/09 12:55 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
sunster Offline

Friends,

in these times of Global warming,recessions, poverty, stress lets not lose our patience and tolerance levels over an arranger keyboard which is actually supposed to destress us and also make money for some of us. I always believe in one thing..we have. but one life..lets make the most of it by enjoying playing our respective keyboards and provide fun and entertainment for ourselves and others rather than arguing over petty things. I'm glad to be a part of this forum and interact with people here whom I haven't even seen. It's an amazing facility and so let us utilise it for improving our knowledge and relationships.

Cheers
SUNNY

#255537 - 02/04/09 12:59 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by sunster:
HEY HEY ...lets all just calm down now...shall we. I somehow eel reponsible for this. Shudnt have mentioned about the bew board. Would have avoided all these tussles.

Hey Sunny...don't feel responsible...it's nice to see your positive comments and your happiness with your new instrument.

Tussles? It's just SZ's dysfunctional family members' normal behaviour.

What sound system are you using with the S900, or are you using the built in speakers on their own?

Ian

#255538 - 02/04/09 05:07 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sunny

You have a GREAT outlook in LIFE and Your Music!...When a Master Carpenter Finds the Perfect Tool for Him...He Can build a Master Piece.

Sounds like You Have...Enjoy Your New Keyboard......Oh Yes, Share Your Music with Others...That's Most Important....

Nice To Meet You......Harold

#255539 - 02/04/09 06:52 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Harold S:
Oh Yes, Share Your Music with Others...That's Most Important....

That's what it's all about...
no one benefits, when no one hears the music

#255540 - 02/04/09 07:44 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Bill in Dayton Offline

Quote:
But you have got to laugh at someone that takes such offense at a mild criticism of an arranger issue, and points out my need to apologize by being as personally insulting as he can be!

That wasn't even close to how insulting Gary could've been, lol...

Frankly Diki, when you can manage to offend (in the same thread,) both Don Mason and Gary Diamond to the point they're both compelled to weigh in critically towards you, that's saying something.

You've never attacked me, so this isn't personal, but I will say your tone/sarcasm/choice of words quite often comes across pretty conceited. Not questioning your knowledge or your playing ability, just your manners.

Go back and review a bunch of the threads you're involved in. How may threads that you participate in veer off in a weird direction?
Now, this is just a fat ass guy in Dayton telling you this, but either a whole bunch of us are just picking on you for some unknown reason, or...you're asking for it.

Either way, you're a big boy...and a smart one, too. Maybe, just maybe you're coming across in a way you're not aware of.

Cheers...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

[This message has been edited by Bill in Dayton (edited 02-04-2009).]

#255541 - 02/04/09 12:29 PM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland

Hey, Sunny...GREAT outlook on lots of things!
That's something I really admire.

Good to know you!

Russ

#255542 - 02/04/09 01:17 PM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Diki Offline

Hey Bill, guilty as charged...

However, what I try NOT to do is couch what I want to say in ways that personally and viciously attack a fellow member. Heaven help us all if I did!

Reasonable people can agree to disagree reasonably, but when words like 'ASS' and other language (that you would NEVER say to my face) gets bandied about in response to posts that, although you may not like the tenor of, make NO effort to use that kind of illiterate guttersnipe trash talk, 'reasonability' has just gone out the window. And it is not thrown out by me...

I refuse to believe that these trash talkers are so illiterate, uneducated and just poorly mannered that they can't make the effort to at least moderate their language to a civilized tenor.

But I could be wrong...

#255543 - 02/07/09 12:47 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
so would the adjective asslike be better than the noun ass? Kind of like you do calling people racist rather than "a racist"?

#255544 - 02/07/09 12:45 PM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Diki Offline

Guess it depends on whether the recipient had posted racist remarks or not...

But, good Lord! What a storm in a teacup! Take a look at my original post. Then look at the replies. If you see a similar language and intent between the two, you a far more sensitive person than me...

Look, here's the difference (can't believe I have to spell it out)... Maybe, just maybe, I might THINK that a member IS an ass. Good taste, or maybe just education, allow me to express some of that without actually using the word. But even that is rare. I tend to try and poke a little fun, or express my disdain for the IDEA the member expresses. Something it seems that eludes some of the members here. And yet, they do it themselves daily. Everyone is free to disagree with my opinions. Heck, it's almost a sport!

But if you can't make that distinction between disagreeing with my message, and refuting that, and simply insulting me personally with little connection with the post, you have some growing up to do...

Let's try this out. As soon as I call another member here an 'egotistical ass' or any of the extremely personal epithets that have been bandied around from time to time (trash talk is the last refuge of the ignorant), you are all free to pile on with whatever you can come up with. Until then, how about keeping it at (or above!) the level of tone I use?

Too difficult?

#255545 - 02/08/09 07:55 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Bill in Dayton Offline

Quote:
Guess it depends on whether the recipient had posted racist remarks or not...

But, good Lord! What a storm in a teacup! Take a look at my original post. Then look at the replies. If you see a similar language and intent between the two, you a far more sensitive person than me...

Look, here's the difference (can't believe I have to spell it out)... Maybe, just maybe, I might THINK that a member IS an ass. Good taste, or maybe just education, allow me to express some of that without actually using the word. But even that is rare. I tend to try and poke a little fun, or express my disdain for the IDEA the member expresses. Something it seems that eludes some of the members here. And yet, they do it themselves daily. Everyone is free to disagree with my opinions. Heck, it's almost a sport!

But if you can't make that distinction between disagreeing with my message, and refuting that, and simply insulting me personally with little connection with the post, you have some growing up to do...

Let's try this out. As soon as I call another member here an 'egotistical ass' or any of the extremely personal epithets that have been bandied around from time to time (trash talk is the last refuge of the ignorant), you are all free to pile on with whatever you can come up with. Until then, how about keeping it at (or above!) the level of tone I use?

Too difficult?

Me thinks thou doth protest too much...

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#255546 - 02/08/09 08:27 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Even the allusion to the word "Ass" as in "Ass"ume is the same as using it in it's full embodiment and if push comes to shove is still a personal attack toward someone (if used in that context and towards that end), however clever one tries to disguise or hide it. Personal attacks will not be tolerated according to the Terms Of Service of this website. It is Nigel's call as to what he determines crosses that fine thin line though.

To play it safe, you may not want to venture up that dark alley in the first place, however safe you may think it is or however harmless your intentions might be. Because you never know what might be lurking in the shadows. Like Nigel for one.

All the best,
Mike

#255547 - 02/08/09 10:07 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Even the allusion to the word "Ass" as in "Ass"ume is the same as using it in it's full embodiment and if push comes to shove is still a personal attack toward someone (if used in that context and towards that end), however clever one tries to disguise or hide it. Personal attacks will not be tolerated according to the Terms Of Service of this website. It is Nigel's call as to what he determines crosses that fine thin line though.

To play it safe, you may not want to venture up that dark alley in the first place, however safe you may think it is or however harmless your intentions might be. Because you never know what might be lurking in the shadows. Like Nigel for one.

All the best,
Mike

ASSume is not even "clever" at all nor transparent.LOL. Its very clear what the poster is conveying. The definition of the pot calling the kettle black abounds....
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#255548 - 02/08/09 10:08 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
There are a few guys and gals (no disrespect) on this board who seem to universally command respect among the brethren. Examples would be Capt. Russ, Nigel, DonM, Rikkibears, and several others. They sort of define 'Class Act'. A few of us come close but sooner or later and ever so briefly, fall off the wagon and knock ourselves off the list. I always thought of Gary as being on that 'list', and in fact, still do. I think the "ASS" comment was an aberration and in fact, technically, he didn't actually CALL someone an 'ass', just that they should stop ACTING like one. Splitting hairs, I know, and neither is probably acceptable by the majority of the members (plus, I'm guessing you won't hear Gary repeat it).

Truth is, talk about people 'getting it', Sunny seems to be the only one. Diki is talented, knowledgeable, logical (if this were Star Trek, he'd be Spock), well-spoken (if people bother to read carefully what he says - as opposed to just reacting to what they perceive as the 'tone' of what he says), and most of all, feisty. If he thinks he is right on an issue, and he usually is 95% of the time, he might not concede a point as quickly as some others just for the sake of civility. All I know is that if I had to choose between Diki's 'straightforward ' approach and some others over-hyped sense of themselves and their talent and abilities, I'll take Diki every time. At the very least, he knows how to use spellchecker and is willing to throw in an occasional punctuation mark (please don't respond to that unless the shoe fits).

What we need to understand is that each of us posesses a very unique personality, any of which may be more or less compatible with our own. Me, I like people that share some of my interests. If they happen to have a few warts, so what. It's not like I don't have any.

chas

#255549 - 02/09/09 08:27 AM Re: Back Agin to good 'ol Yamahaland

Chas, I would never have questioned it, but this post lands you squarely in the "Class Act" camp, for sure.

I can verify that you have been there for a long time.

Now, after my upcoming road trip, ALL BETS ARE OFF!

Be well,

Russ

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online