SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#255456 - 02/02/09 01:29 PM Re: How Audya handles live guitar track
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
mrdave... you have said that some styles have guitar parts with more choices of chords. Is it possible that maybe the Latin and Jazz styles actually DO feature more audio chords? Or that it? Same set for everything?

#255457 - 02/02/09 01:33 PM Re: How Audya handles live guitar track
leezone Offline

now that the "cat is out of the bag",
perhaps AJ/Ketron can enlighten us some more ???

or do we have to KEEP waiting and rely on the USERS to figure everything out themselves ???

#255458 - 02/02/09 01:42 PM Re: How Audya handles live guitar track
Rolman Offline

Loc: Germany
How great is the difference to that playing along with a mp3/wave file? Just a question!
Greatings
Peter

#255459 - 02/02/09 02:03 PM Re: How Audya handles live guitar track
leezone Offline

Rolman,

not sure i understand your question,

but we are talking about arranger performance, meaning changing chords with left hand and it follows your chord changes, so you can play a song or a chain of songs, any way you feel like for as long as you want...

playing an mp3/wav is just that, it plays the song like it is, and is always same length, and always sounds same,

playing/mp3 wave has nothing to do with this topic of how Audya handles guitar track in Real Time, real-time chord changes

#255460 - 02/02/09 05:35 PM Re: How Audya handles live guitar track
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
OK now please Ketron / AJ you need to show explicitly, what the matching midi will sound like when changing from the MAJ/MIN variation. I mean I have listened to the Audya sounds great, but I need to hear the difference before I would put my money on the line

#255461 - 02/02/09 06:06 PM Re: How Audya handles live guitar track
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Its all good but...noone mentioned...that AUDIO TO MIDI on
more complex chords, how is it gonna work when starting to create
User Styles?
Instead of charging 5$ per style we'll have to charge 20$?
And guess why, you already know, it creates 4 times mote the job
then a regular style...
If i use Factory loop for something, then what and how the hell
am i gonna create CVs for
other chords??? And i have to browse thruout all of the sound samples
to find the right Patch to
change the existing loop
in a complex chord? This is getting funny with Audya.

#255462 - 02/02/09 06:07 PM Re: How Audya handles live guitar track
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Interesting, That helps me decide...

I'm keeping my Pa2XPRO...it amazes me more each day...I'm glad I have dug in and learned it well. Just completed a neat style using some of my own sounds I made...and I am working on a triple strike piano right now with every key sampled X 3. Have made a cool DNC Bari sax also.

I don't really want some of my guitar parts 'going away' on me!

Lee

#255463 - 02/02/09 07:07 PM Re: How Audya handles live guitar track
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
The truth finally comes out, eh? I think it might have behooved Ketron to fess up about all of this a couple years ago, which would have eased the impact of these Audya oddities by the time it was finally released to the public. Now that the truth has just recently been revealed (no thanks to Ketron) the shear brunt of the blow is hitting the consumer smack in the face, just when the Audya is set to be released worldwide. Which, in my opinion, causes not only resentment toward the manufacturer for hiding the information from the get go, but also it discourages many consumers from now possibly purchasing the Audya because of the big letdown of what the Audya can and cannot do. Of course the emphasis is on what it "can't" do as opposed to what it can do, realizing that 99.9% of keyboard musicians play more complex chords than just major and minor ones, and on a regular basis I would think too. I know I do.

Hopefully Ketron will stay afloat long enough to amend the deficiencies in the Audya on their next model e.g. the Audya {Part Deux}, etc. Although if the current Audya sells reasonably well as is then Ketron really won't have a compelling reason to correct the anomalies of the current version. Which would be business as usual I suppose, correct?

>> I kind of feel bad for Ketron. I really do. I honestly hope they do okay with the sales of the Audya too. I would really like to see them recoup their R&D and other costs that they have put into it and that they indeed stay afloat for many, many years to come, and with many more successive high end arranger models in the future being built.

Competition is good for the whole industry and there continues to be many innovative features and advancements in technology coming out of Ancona, Italy from Ketron.

Hopefully there will be many more.

All the best, Mike

#255464 - 02/02/09 08:21 PM Re: How Audya handles live guitar track
leezone Offline

I believe that the Audya can be upgraded with more audio loops and styles. If that's the case I think Ketron should make us aware that more audio loops are coming (ie.complex chords.). I think I speak for most people here in saying that we like honesty. Straight answers. Ketron let your customers know what's up. Because they can male or break you. So what can we expect as far as Audya. Upgradability? Can we record our own styles and audio loops via an Audya software? Give us the facts already.

#255465 - 02/02/09 09:32 PM Re: How Audya handles live guitar track
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Aw now come on dont be so hard on Ketron! this is new Tech, and it is exciting, its just that at the moment only Major and Minors are using the real audio, remember the drums and bass are fantastic, and if this board was the same price as T3 Aus $4500 bet they would sell a heap. Really its just the price thats the barrier to overcomming the shortcommings of the board. It has many fantastic features, as well as the Audio Loops but $7k Aust, sorry I dont think so Ketron.

There is a great market for them, but they really need to get that price down to a competative level. The one thing I learn from Arrangers is that you have to develop every style to suit both the player/singer and the song Gentre. So not all have the loops, as long as the midi is good and I believe this to be the case having the SD3, that should overcome. So you cant do more complex chords yet, but it has style, and great sounds along with 6 octaves, very up to date hardware, and expandable to get the new developments into it. As I said most working muso's need a backup, price is the barrier here

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online