SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#255236 - 02/01/09 09:30 PM Re: Bose L1 Question
Dnj Offline

Bose Sounded great Don at the jam & when we playd in the club its all in the EQ.

#255237 - 02/02/09 07:52 AM Re: Bose L1 Question
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Kingfrog,

If your store has a service department they should have Yamaha's CD of schematic diagrams on hand. Check the audio output circuitry and you'll find that the mono plug is not a true summation of both the left and right outputs. Electronically, the mono output is a pseudo mono, at least up until the Tyros1. I don't have schematics for the T2 and T3 so I do not know if this was rectified with the introduction of those two models. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to a digital DB/SU meter to determine if the sound is fractionally louder, but I seriously doubt if this is the case--or at least common sense tells me that if the volume controls on both channels are identical and the master volume is unchanged, then plugging in an additional instrument at the same volume into the mixer will not change the master output.

Deane, you may want to put a call in to Bose's service technical department and they'll be able to provide with the information you need about the tower connections. They have an outstanding service division and they can quickly provide you with an answer. I have encountered venues where ceiling height was a problem, namely a 100-year-old American Legion lounge in Havre de Grace, Maryland. The ceiling was just 7-feet 3-inches high, which meant I had to lift a ceiling tile to insert the tower's top section. When I did a load of dust came down from the ceiling, which was a real mess.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#255238 - 02/02/09 08:55 AM Re: Bose L1 Question
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Bose Sounded great Don at the jam & when we playd in the club its all in the EQ.

I had the Bose set flat, and the mixer set flat. Any e.q. was from the keyboards.
I do the same at the job. The E50 doesn't need any e.q. The PSRS900 does.

My answer to Hammer, was from what Bose said in response to this same question from someone else.
DonM

#255239 - 02/02/09 09:18 AM Re: Bose L1 Question
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
There are a few threads regarding phase issue with keyboards through the PAS in Stereo.

Yamaha corrected this issue with the CP series by including a mono Piano. I guess the output summing for the keyboard isn't electronically correct. And Yamaha did view it as enough of an issue to rectify it on the Sample level. The T3 NOT having the same further goes to prove Yamaha's difficulty in viewing these Keyboards as actually used out side the home....LOL http://bose.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6806048934/m/9976080565 http://bose.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8766055944/m/6951046942?r=6951046942
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#255240 - 02/02/09 10:16 AM Re: Bose L1 Question
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Well, I took Gary's advice and just got off the phone with Bose Tech support. Here is exactly what he said.

If you are running a Bose L1 Classic there will be no technical problem using just the bottom part of the tower because each part of the tower on the classic has it's own amp.

If on the other hand you have the L1 Mod1 or Mod II there will be an impedance mismatch when running only one part of the tower because on those systems a single amp feeds both tower parts.

(I thought it was of interest that the Mod 1 and Mod II risk damage due to the impedance mismatch of using only one tower piece.)

Concerning how many cables to run - if you are running only mono it doesn't matter. Nor does it matter which channel you run the cables into. If you are attempting to run stereo then use two cables.

These answers address only the electrical requirements of each system and do not address the audio components such as wave cancellation etc..

Hammer

#255241 - 02/02/09 12:54 PM Re: Bose L1 Question
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I wouldn't say my ears are blown, Donny. Other parts may have been, from time to time, though...

Maybe this might jog your memory.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal-loudness_contour .

Like most things in the human body, like our eyesight, or sense of touch, it can be fooled. Recognizing when that happens is important, because that other organ (our brain) is the most easily fooled of all. Assuming it's right all the time is what gets many of us into areas we could be wrong about...

#255242 - 02/04/09 03:00 PM Re: Bose L1 Question
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Does this mean you might get re-interested?

Oh, and a question... why is the new L1 so much more than the first? I understand the speaker angles are different, but does it make that much difference?

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 02-04-2009).]

#255243 - 02/04/09 03:06 PM Re: Bose L1 Question
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Does this mean you might get re-interested?

No Cass it doesn't at all....I'm happy with two powered 15"'s & seperate powered sub when needed.....serves me fine...
I tried it for a while but its just not the comfort level I desire for my sound reinforcement needs.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-04-2009).]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online