SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#255057 - 01/31/09 05:01 PM Re: Please listen to my original songs on myspace
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
No, on the contrary, Beaky... I think this is EXACTLY what this forum should be about, rather than the endless pissing contests. Using an arranger to make MUSIC, rather than for it's technical specs is what we should all be about.

Sadly, little of this gets discussed. I am always FAR more interested in WHAT music anyone makes, than WHICH arranger they make it on, but it seems few share this viewpoint.

And 'hypercritical'? I try to think not... I just tend to take and give it based on higher expectations than local club or NH level. What passes for acceptable here at SZ (or if critiqued at a higher level, gets accused of 'slamming') isn't necessarily good enough to go to the next level, let alone the top...

Remain 'hypercritical', remain skeptical about flattery, and at least you keep a realistic viewpoint about your chances! Don't give up the dream, but keep your eyes wide open

#255058 - 01/31/09 08:03 PM Re: Please listen to my original songs on myspace
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
And by the way, thanks to Lucky and Kingfrog for listening as well.

I know that this thread is only tenuously related to the forum because I used my arranger as a songwriting tool.

Thanks for listening.

Beakybird

As do I.....However when I was performing live in a Production Show I learned very early you cannot personalize critics. You can't take the good ones and throw the bad ones away. With the good ones you are never THAT good, and the bad ones You are never THAT bad.

The thing is People will be "kinder" here than anywhere. Gp to Harmony Central or a Songwriting Forum and Post your songs as a first post..Tell them you want them NOT TO HOLD BACK implore them to be as brutal and critical as possible THEN see how many LIKE the tunes. you will get a better idea where you are and where you need to go.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#255059 - 02/01/09 09:31 AM Re: Please listen to my original songs on myspace
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Mind you, if you take just the good opinions and throw the bad away, you are putting on rose color glasses. Opinions are kind of like elections. You look for the majority view, and no matter how much you may not like it, you have to admit that the majority opinion has a certain weight...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online