SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 11 12 13
Topic Options
#254683 - 01/30/09 02:29 AM Re: S900 man those drums sound live....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

And yes, I'll even go along with the Stereo Piano being rubbish (or uneven, if you prefer!). Play the GrandX, and THEN try to tell me about the so-called 'unevenness'

You didn't mention the Grand X until your last post.

Well, it may have been the Stereo Grand, and it might not have been, but it is heartening to know we weren't hearing things.

I may have a hard time finding a G70 in these parts, and the one we were trying was sold by the owner(he bought an S900 ) and
considering the G70 is 4 years old, and out of production, I doubt if the music store here in Cape Breton will ever bring one in.

If I happen to see a second hand one in any of the stores I visit on my travels, I'll certainly try out the Grand X vs the Stereo Piano and get back to you, but I have some surgery coming up in February so it might not be till the spring or later.

Sorry about the confusion.

Ian

#254684 - 01/30/09 06:58 AM Re: S900 man those drums sound live....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was that really a UFO I Saw?????

#254685 - 01/30/09 07:06 AM Re: S900 man those drums sound live....
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Harold S:
Was that really a UFO I Saw?????

I must believe You Love "The Jerry Springer Show" or You simply Have alot of free time and are Bored.

#254686 - 01/30/09 11:42 AM Re: S900 man those drums sound live....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yep, storm in a teacup time, again

Yes there are a bunch of different pianos in the G70, but only the GrandX comes from the FantomX. The rest are legacy pianos from the Sound Canvas and JV series era.

Most of them have too much hammer 'knock' and 'thump' (difficult to EQ out) and fewer samples. The G70 GrandX was one of the first 64MB piano sample sets to make it to an arranger, a true 4-way, mind you, without pedal down samples or resonance samples which are in more modern piano sample sets (but none of those have made it to an arranger, yet, AFAIK)...

Without being able to play one again, Ian, all I can say is that EVERYTHING I have sent you that has a piano on it, or anything at R-A.com done by me with a piano on it has ALWAYS used the GrandX. And the UltimateGrand frrom the FantomX at Purgatory Creek is exactly the same set and programming.

Have a listen to any of that, and tell me again if you hear any 'unevenness'...

#254687 - 01/30/09 12:52 PM Re: S900 man those drums sound live....
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good One Ian....

You must realize by now I enjoy a little Humor Also...And when one passes A little out...One must expect to get a little back!

One thing for certain, Theres quite a few Excellent Arrangers to Use at this Time!

Have a Great Day!......Harold

#254688 - 01/30/09 01:07 PM Re: S900 man those drums sound live....
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Harold S:
Good One Ian....

You must realize by now I enjoy a little Humor Also...And when one passes A little out...One must expect to get a little back!

One thing for certain, There's quite a few Excellent Arrangers to Use at this Time!

Have a Great Day!......Harold

Thanks Harold...I figured you'd enjoy that return...I like humor as well...it's like the line from the Jimmy Buffet song "Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes" (he's a favorite of mine)..."If we weren't all crazy we would go insane."

Yep, there are wonderful choices available...something for every taste and not a lemon amongst the bunch.

A good day to you as well.

Ian

Page 13 of 13 < 1 2 11 12 13

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online