SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#254512 - 01/25/09 04:33 AM Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I would like honest opinions, comments and sugestions:
http://www.basaristudios.com/id40.html

Thanks

Nedim

#254513 - 01/25/09 05:43 AM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Dnj Offline

Honestly I didnt care for any of them I listened to...vs factory ones. Plus there are so many availble for free who would want to buy unless there is a special need for a certain style you cannot create yourself.

#254514 - 01/25/09 05:54 AM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Nedim Offline

Well we all have different needs and we all do different things,
some of us can create some of us cant or have no time...they buy.

#254515 - 01/25/09 06:03 AM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Dnj Offline

when I need a special style I either create one or convert one there are so many really good ones available in cyberland.

Good Luck in your venture

#254516 - 01/25/09 12:13 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Since you are asking for honest appraisal...

They were okay I guess. A bit bland in my view, and none were really that much different to what is already available.

A few were nothing like the genre named: Alt Rock; Metal Ballad; New Orleans.

With all due respect Nedim, you should really go back and listen hard to songs in those genres.

For me it seems like a set of "warmed over" existing styles (in fact some of the beds sound remarkably similar to PA factory styles), and done with no imagination or regard for musicality.

I certainly would not pay for them. In fact I would be hard pressed to take them even if offered free.

Sorry Nedim, but I am just being honest.

And I stress to others, this is ONLY my view.

Dennis

#254517 - 01/25/09 02:27 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Nedim,

You asked for an honest appraisal and while applaud your effort, the few styles I listened to were marginal at best. For example, the Modern Islands style seemed to be very heavy in the bass, the drums were a bit soft and some of the other voices were a bit soft as well. It just didn't have the pizaz I was hoping to hear. This could, however, be partly because of the method you used to record the style samples and convert them to MP3s. It's somewhat difficult to tell.

Hopefully, you'll be able to iron out the problems and get this venture well on it's way to being successful.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#254518 - 01/25/09 02:45 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I agree with what the others have said. I would also suggest you drop your price as well. Maybe it's just me, but considering the number of free 3rd party styles out there.., and the quality of these... I think your price is too high.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#254519 - 01/25/09 02:58 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
You will also be dealing with buyers passing them around to their friends.

The styles are okay...sometimes plain and simple are what is wanted/needed.

#254520 - 01/25/09 06:16 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Nedim Offline

Thanks guys. Travlin, thanks. Of course there is factors
as recording, the way of playing and conversion to mp3's.
In the meantime the styles are still being mixed and finished.
Ian, we already all know that and i am dealing with it for years,
i just have to accept it the way it is.
Yes Denis,
I asked for honesty and i appreciate it. As for the other comments, lemme give
you an example:
I have 13 different versions of the Jambalaya song, they are like from here to
Mars from each other now, tell me, with what right you will tell me:
THIS IS THE RIGHT VERSION OF JAMBALAYA AND THIS IS A WRONG VERSION...
thats just an example. ALT is not even a Genre of music, its a name of a Style.
I have a habit of naming stlyes based on other things not Genre, i dont like the
way certain people do it..ROCK 1, ROCK 2, ROCK 3, ROCK 4 and e tc.
And i can give you examples:
Metal Ballad, based on Metallica's Unforgiven, thats why called so.
NewOrleans, based on version of the Jambalaya i like, thats why called so.
Selena i Memory, based and exactly as Selena's If i Could Fall In Love With You,
also thats why called so.
Hotel Rock, only based on Hotel California but not too simillar, thats why called so.
Adriatic 6/8, based on a Croatian song i always liked, thats why called so.
Almost every style is based on something, there is no HOTEL Gere of music.
As i aid, i asked for honest opinions and i appreciate it, i am not rebuttling you,
i am just explaining since i saw you dont know why those names were there.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 01-25-2009).]

#254521 - 01/25/09 11:04 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
nedim,

i have listen some of the demos, and i liked the styles. of course it's not so easy to produce styles exactly like factory-styles, but i guess this is not the point anyway.

having a large variety of genres and trying to cover all bases is maybe too much. i believe the result, and therefor the reactions to them would be better if your styles would rather cover only specific areas, more "exotic" styles, ethnic or something like that.

making "pop" or "rock" or "ballad" might be redundant, as there are so many already available on the internet, and with little bit of tweaking and combination between styles, you get unlimited possibilities. but if you try to cover only some particular uncovered musical areas will bring you more benefit.

goodluck!

#254522 - 01/25/09 11:39 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Nedim Offline

Man, what happened to you? You still alive?
Where the hell have you been? You dissapeared
like 2 years ago and never been heard of.
How's Romania nowadays bro?

#254523 - 01/26/09 03:45 AM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
adimatis Offline

lol!
no no, i did not disappear, but rather quietly observe the korgforums...

Romania is just fine, Romanians are not so happy! but that is another thing alltogheter.

about you styles, you should give a thought to what i said, i believe regular pop-rock styles are just too many and too god (some of them).

goodluck!!

#254524 - 01/26/09 04:11 AM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Well we all have different needs and we all do different things,
some of us can create some of us cant or have no time...they buy.

Or find better for free on the internet...

Perhaps a trip to MidiSpot, or some of the better style houses might give you a better grip on what to charge for these styles. Until they match the quality of those, those prices are a bit steep, if not vertical!

#254525 - 01/26/09 07:21 AM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Nedim Offline

You are right but...i said have no time, that
includes not having time to surf te net.
Not everyone is like us doing nothing else except
sleeping on the forums.

#254526 - 01/26/09 01:33 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Diki Offline

Shopping the competition, learning one's relative worth in the market place is a basic of business.

But I guess you are too busy insulting members here for that!

What drugs are you on?

#254527 - 01/26/09 07:37 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
miden Offline

Diki, if I may speak for Nedim, he is not trying to insult anyone.

He is a very honest and direct man, qualities I admire. I think what you may perceive as insults (although I must admit I didn't read any), are just his direct approach to a given situation. He says it as he sees it.

Now please don't misunderstand me, I am not criticising your post in any way.

He is a well respected member (not to mention a very helpful one) at the Korg forums.

Dennis

#254528 - 01/26/09 09:08 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Nedim Offline

Diki, if i insulted you i apologize to you but i dont seem to see insults in my posts,
that doesnt make me right, its just my view. I am new to this Forum maybe but i am
not new to the Net music comunity, 80% of the whole net comunity knows me, some
hate me some love me. And yes, i am very known and popular for being rebelious
and agressive if i may call it on certain topics but thats only cuz i dont make 2 faces.
As Denis said, i tell it like it is, give me a compliment or correct me and i accept it,
i love it but i would say the same to you so you should accept it too (just an example).
Yes we are here to be good and respectfull to each other, and make friends but...
we are not here to just make Friends and thats it, we have to be real and honest and
not to misslead certain users. I am a member and also moderator on many forums,
i am talking about forums wiwth 15000 or 20000 member, not like this forum but forums
where there is maybe 1000 or 1500 posts per day, i see all kinds of $hit happening.
Most things i say from experience, i am not really old to ask for some respect, i am only
32 years old, to some i am only a kid, some of my friends which are well over 50 or 60
and there is many of them which are close friends of mine, even on this forum.
I appreciate your comments, it just makes me better man or producer, nothing else, it
doesnt harm me nor it ruins me but sometimes you are a bit LOADed towards me.
As i said, maybe i am new to the forum and you dont know who i am and i know how
it works when someone knew comes in but dont forget, there is also people on this
forum that know me for years, not necesarilly from this forums. I go by that, i know Denis
for ages, so if i met him on this forum for the first time that doesnt mean we have to act
to each other as we just met...i know this is the whole problem as on many other forums:
(Hey, hold on, you are new here, relax) but with me it doesnt work like that, i dont care
if i am new or old, i just say it as it is, like it or not.

Thanks

#254529 - 01/26/09 09:11 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Nedim Offline

And one other and most important thing, i am not a westerner
so english is not my first language, sometimes i express
my self in a wrong way and get my self in trouble.
I speak 7 languages almost fluently and thats why i am involved
in many other forums and that is probably the reason i get
in trouble sometimes, expressing my self wrongly,
meaning something else and actually saying something else.

#254530 - 01/26/09 11:24 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
adimatis Offline

nedim,
don't worry, i assure you that this forum a good source of information and people are nice (usually) to each other, and you get it right, maybe sometimes some more time is needed to get along, also the native language other than english sometimes is a natural barrier (i know from my own experience) but hang on! you'll get to value the honest oppinion the members here will express.

#254531 - 01/27/09 10:18 AM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Diki Offline

Nedim (and anyone else concerned about this)... you know full well this comment was in reference to you slamming another member on this forum on another thread (sorry if anyone else missed that one) who had issues with a certain store's phone etiquette when he called up...

Dodge all you want, but 'What drugs are you on?' I would imagine is an insult in ANY language. If it is not in YOURS, perhaps that explains a lot...

#254532 - 01/27/09 11:14 AM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
miden Offline

What was the thread?

#254533 - 01/27/09 12:19 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Hi Lucky2BThere,
dont take this as an insult, i am just wondering, were you drunk or on drugs when you called?
I know excatly how the conversation went. I am a sales person too and i know exactly why they
asked you the certain question. I know who MRSounds is BETTER THEN ANYONE ON THIS FORUM!
MRSounds told you exactly what they have. You kept nagiing like a small child. Read your own conversation
in here. They ask you questions for your own good and sake, to guide you better thru the decision. But i dont
think you are a buyer, you are one of those that brags about something for months and never buys it. So what
if they asked you what do you play now? It helps them to easier help you decide what you want. So what if they
asked you for your info to be on their files, it is still for your own good. It is not the first company that does that but
THERE IS NO COMPANY THAT DOESNT DO THAT!!! Dont think you can ruin reputations in here, people know
a lot better then you who MRSound is. Why wont you drive there and check it out, noone forces you to buy, go
there and see for yourself what it is about. Go there, i personally guarantee you you will get the best service and
if you like i will personally assist you. And no, i am not MRSound but your post is kinda senseless, you have no clue
of what you talking about. You dont approach people the way you do. You called, they were nice to you and thats
all that matters, you also know the routine (unless you are a child) that anything you call the first thing is they ask
you for name and phone number...they are not stupid, they know their job and what they are doing, many people
know who MRSounds is. Its not a bunch of losers, it is probably the MOST HIGH END store in NYC area, talk after
you go and see. I;ve worked for SAM ASH and GC as a sales person, i own a recording studio, i've bought hundreds
of thousands of dollars equipement. SAM ASH or GC doesnt give you STORE WARANTY, only 30 days to return.
Their guys dont even know the instruments they sell, it is sad and discusting when buying 3-4000$ machines.
This store is the only one that gives you store waranty and also TECH SUPPORT per Instrument.
This store has all of the high end arrangers as PA2X, AUDYA, SD5, SX300, PA800, PA500, E-80, G-70
and also Workstations as M3, M50 and else...right there in front of your eyes. Whats preventing you from going
there checking that out, then if i am wrong come back here and spit on ME personally, forget MRSounds.
You should call them back and apologyze to them, you are not the smartest in here. You are funny.

Best to you.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 01-22-2009).]

I rest my case

Nedim claims he is 32 years old. From this, I was expecting a LOT closer to 10

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 01-27-2009).]

#254534 - 01/27/09 01:16 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
miden Offline

Without knowing the other side, as in what Lucky said to this "MR Sounds" guy, OR how he approached him, it is difficult to reach any conclusion really.

Nedim obviously knows this guy very well, and clearly got the OTHER side of the story from him.

In any case he prefaced his comment to indicate he is not trying to be insulting.

As you would know, English is probably one of the most difficult languages to translate to,especially from the Baltic areas.

Nedims post, for mine, is just saying what he thinks. Yes, the syntax could have been better, but I am 100% sure there was NO malice in his comments.

For all we know Lucky MAY have carried on like a child with this company.

As I said before, we are not in possession of all the facts, so it's difficult to criticise Nedim on that basis.

Just my view.

Dennis

#254535 - 01/27/09 01:35 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Diki Offline

Syntax? PLEASE....

Firstly, Nedim lives in the US. Works in a US store.

If YOU heard 'dont take this as an insult, i am just wondering, were you drunk or on drugs when you called?' from ANY salesman, would you EVER buy anything from there again? No matter their nationality...

'You should call them back and apologyze to them, you are not the smartest in here. You are funny.'... put that in correct syntax, is it any less an insult?

Childish is what it came off as, and childish it remains. Read the thread, and ask yourself if this was how you were talked to when you simply called up to ask a dealer what he had in stock (as little in stock as most dealers keep). Still want to do business with them..?

Nedim, you have to realize that, even on a thread in a public forum, you are still talking to a customer, or potential one... You do NOT see George Kaye EVER lose his patience and insult us here, nor Frankieve. And if you EVER used that language to me face to face in a store, you would be explaining your actions to a VERY angry store manager. And probably lose your job. Deservedly.

Just because you hide behind the anonymity of a handle, insult any customer at your own peril. MRSounds are probably unaware of your actions (they never post here, despite apparently carrying all that stock, but hey, why would they want to let the largest arranger user forum in the US be aware of their existence? ). You had better hope it stays that way.

In the meantime, please inform me which country it IS acceptable to insult, deride and abuse potential customers (or even strangers on a forum), and I will make a point of NOT ever going there!

Perhaps 'Borat' WAS a documentary?

#254536 - 01/27/09 01:36 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Dnj Offline

I loved Borat what a fantastic movie!!

#254537 - 01/27/09 04:33 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Nedim Offline

I wasnt on any drugs, that guy with that post was LOADed and as i said in there
this is way deeper then you think, other people are involved in his poset,
that was a LOADed and TRAINed
post, i would still ask him again
what drugs was he on cuz he sounds
so. I know exactly who MRSound is and what they told him, i am not a kid.
This guy was sent here to write that post, this guy was TOLD to call MRSound
with a goal from the person that told
him to do so. You dont know
certain things Diki, it goes a lil deeper
then what you know about this post,
there is 3-4 people involved in that.

#254538 - 01/27/09 04:36 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Nedim Offline

Quote:
For all we know Lucky MAY have carried on like a child with this company.

Denis, Lucky was told to do so by someone else,
to call the company and then write a post in here.
I wont get into details, its private matter thats
all Diki has to know but my point is Diki has
no clue what actually went on with that phone call,
why the phone call, why the post and who was
behind all that.
As i said, he thinks i am new to the forum but
what he doesnt know is i know the forum members
for years and i repeat, none of you know MRSound
better then i.

#254539 - 01/27/09 04:37 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Nedim Offline

And Diki no, i am not a salesman anymore, for
long time nor i work in MRSounds store, the guy
is my friend and thats all, i have nothing with
his bussines but i told you, this goes way deeper
then what the members on here know.
And bro, YOU ARE VERY FUNNY!!!
I hide behind anonimity??? Do you have a clue who i am???
80-90% of the whole Net comunity knows who Nedim
is very well, i know 50% of the net comunity
in real life,
Helloooooooooo me and anonimity?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...ask Denis how anynimous i am.
Bro, i work for Ketron, i work things for Korg,
for the developers themseves,
i am a moderator or either the most known member
on the biggest net forums...
Me hiding and Anonimous???
LOLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Can i be more exposed then this?
http://ketron.com/itemdetails.asp?mod=SX3000-B
Its my BrainChild.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 01-27-2009).]

#254540 - 01/27/09 04:50 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Diki Offline

Look, it's simple, Nedim...

We write things about Guitar Center in here all the time. You do NOT see any Guitar Center employee (or management) coming here to start a mud-slinging match between us. They have more class than that (or realize how unimportant it is )...

Would that you had, also. You were NOT named in Lucky's original post, and had you kept your cool, that's where it would have ended. But now, it, and your response to it are VERY public.

Now, do us a favor. Get the owner of MRSound to come here and back up your insults. Or your manager. Let's find out if this degree of unprofessionalism extends across the board at MRSound, or this is just you displaying your immaturity...
------------------------------------

Sorry, just saw your previous post. Surely you should have left it to your (un-named) friend to 'defend' himself. It's certain that he has FAR more class and maturity than you.

Don't take this as an insult, but....

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 01-27-2009).]

#254541 - 01/27/09 11:16 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
adimatis Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I loved Borat what a fantastic movie!!

do you know they filmed the first part of Borat in Romania? with authentic villagers and language!
yes, i believe Borat was a good movie!

#254542 - 01/27/09 11:28 PM Re: Western Styles Series 1 and 2 released!
Nedim Offline

Diki, you are right about it, completely and i am not being sarcatic.
MRSound wont attend any forum, no matter what is going on and i have
no Bussines Connection
so far...nor i have a menager...i got involved
only cuz it involves me.
You might say I DIDNT SEE YOUR NAME ANYWHERE but i already mentioned
it many times, it is way deeper then you know of and it was a LOADed
post...i am involved in the background, not with MRSound, not with the
call but other things, as i said, maybe i am very new to you in here
but i am involved in a lot
of shits with many members you know.
And no, i am not insulted since i know you dont understand the situation
and you dont really know whats going on besides Lucky's post that you read.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online